Will GT players ever seen Chassis Swaps & Engine Swaps?

• Thread starter CheladaJr
  • 8 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
Michigan
QuintenXavier
Xbox_Is_Gay
Hello Mr Yamauchi,

As a Gran Turismo Drifter I would like to ask, would we ever see these? Many people are being banned for these mods they are doing (which is completely understandable) but most are just swapping engines and chassis, to their drift cars. I know it isn't right that people were doing this, but why ban people when you could just add it in? I speak for the whole Drift Sub Form when I tell you the players that enjoy your beautiful creation called Gran Turismo way more if you made this an option to us!

Thank you for your time, Quinten X Hull

Last edited:
I could answer your question. Licensing. The current contracts and agreements Polyphony have probably don't cover engine swapping. They need manufacturer's permission to do this of course. Now I'm not exactly passing this off as fact but it's definitely a high reason you don't see it.

I'd take a bet and say you'll never see chassis swapping though.

I could answer your question. Licensing. The current contracts and agreements Polyphony have probably don't cover engine swapping. They need manufacturer's permission to do this of course. Now I'm not exactly passing this off as fact but it's definitely a high reason you don't see it.

I'd take a bet and say you'll never see chassis swapping though.
wow honestly that is just disappointing, they can do all this stuff but cant license engine swaps? It saddens me because im 110% that would boost a lot for Polyphony

"Will we ever see the completely non-approved car hacking that breaks the way the game physics engine was designed?"

Engine swaps are a legitimate thing to ask to be implemented in a future game, what with cars in the game that have them and competing games offering it. "Chassis swaps" are complete fantasy silliness.

The chassis swapping is only a way to make the wheelbase wider, or make the wheels poke out the wheel arches. There would be no reason to need chassis swaps if there were an option to adjust wheel offset.

As for the engine swaps, would be great to see it happen. Even if there's only for example, 10 engines to choose from over a vast majority of vehicles.
Most drift cars these days feature motors from most modern or high performance cars. Including the one Mr. Yamauchi had a opportunity to drive/drift recently.

I imagine there is licencing small-print that prohibits this in GT, but I cannot see it happening even without the potential legal restrictions. Kaz and PD seem to revel in the authenticity of the cars, VGT and X1 aside for obvious reasons, and because of this I do not think we will ever see these in Gran Turismo.

i rather not swap engine or drive train's unless there going to give us digital welders and angle grinders and you have to make it that way. but that wont happen will it. like in real life you want your car to be faster upgrade it.. when your topped out buy a faster car.. like people who wanted turbo 1.1 fiestas and corsa's back in that day its not practical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back