Will GT5 threaten the existence of GTP?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nasanu
  • 74 comments
  • 6,979 views

If there is a message board in GT5, how will you use it?

  • I would stick to GTP

    Votes: 100 47.2%
  • I would use both boards

    Votes: 95 44.8%
  • I would switch to the offical in game forums

    Votes: 17 8.0%

  • Total voters
    212

nasanu

(Banned)
Messages
1,429
Japan
Australia
Messages
nasanu
Messages
nasanu
Reading about the online elements of GT5 and how there will be message boards of some kind included got me thinking about my own website and whether it will be needed after the release of GT5.

But expanding upon that, if there are full message boards in GT5, then would that not be the best place for GT related talk?

Edit: I do know how to spell, honest. It's official, I am tired.
 
The answer is simple. No.

Well I look at it this way do you know how many paintball, computer, games, and sport forums are on the internet? Plus this is for all of the GT games not just one specific one.
 
GTP will obviously be fine.
 
When a racing game is released I usually seek out boards that have the best TUNER sections to set my cars up properly. I'm assuming both forums can help out in that aspect.
 
I doubt it. I'm willing to bet there's a lot more available to users here than there will be in any in-built boards. That and I trust GTP's servers more than Sony's; this only houses the GT fanatics, and only a percentage of them. I imagine the servers hosting anything GT5 related also have to deal with plenty of other games too.
 
The problem with the GT5 message board is that it requires we load up GT5 to get to it. As a result, if I do that I cannot see myself fighting the temptation to just play it and ditch the boards. I don't know about you guys but that's what I think will happen to me.

Plus I can check out GTP quick while I'm doing my homework or checking my e-mail, something that I wouldn't be able to do with GT5. Plus I have a projector for my PS3 so I don't turn it on unless I plan on using it for awhile.

That and I trust GTP's servers more than Sony's; this only houses the GT fanatics, and only a percentage of them. I imagine the servers hosting anything GT5 related also have to deal with plenty of other games too.
I hope the GTP boards are safe when GT5 comes out :nervous: I remember when Street Fighter 4 came out last year the shoryuken forum got destroyed. It was always down, sometimes it would be up but would block you out because of too much traffic or it would just lag like crazy.
 
GTPlanet is needed. Its the largest info network for GT users. I will not use their forums.
 
The problem with the GT5 message board is that it requires we load up GT5 to get to it. As a result, if I do that I cannot see myself fighting the temptation to just play it and ditch the boards. I don't know about you guys but that's what I think will happen to me.

Yeah, when I think about it, I'd rather be logged into a forum through my computer and actually, y'know, be playing the game. Having both running made things like photo galleries a lot easier.
 
Official message boards are rarely very good, because they are usually run by the company in question so they treat everything with kid hands so they don't have to worry about alienating people and losing sales.

GTP will be fine.
 
If it's anything like the rest of "txt slangin'", insult-riddled, poorly moderated nonsense that tends to pass as normal on many other websites, then I won't be going anywhere near a GT5 message board.

:gtplanet: FTW.
 
If it's anything like the rest of "txt slangin'", insult-riddled, poorly moderated nonsense that tends to pass as normal on many other websites, then I won't be going anywhere near a GT5 message board.

:gtplanet: FTW.

heard dat :sly:

:gtpflag:
 
The ingame notice boards and forums will probably be just for organising races and events between your friends. Makes sense
I doubt all your friends will visit GTP like you do.
 
Last edited:
When the game is released, GTP will be more busy, and I will be one of them. Certainly I will check out the boards within GT5, but I doubt they will be as good as this one.
 
Talk about facepalm.
 
GT5 is going to boost GTP, if anything.
 
If it's anything like the rest of "txt slangin'", insult-riddled, poorly moderated nonsense that tends to pass as normal on many other websites, then I won't be going anywhere near a GT5 message board.

:gtplanet: FTW.

this isn't exactly the smoothest board on the web either

oh wait maybe I shouldn't be saying that to a mod

then again you did just use "txt slang" in your post after criticizing it

maybe if I use colored text it'll make it all better
 
There's a difference between using an acronym & 'typin lik dis yo'.
 
GTPlanet is already in existence with a huge membership and is independant from Sony and Polyphony Digital. An official forum would never be able to replicate that. I've moonlighted on forums for that other game on that other console - official and unofficial - and they are not even remotely in the same league as GTPlanet.
 
You can't beat GTP :P
 
Don't think so as GTP focuses not only on GT5 but other games as well and pretty much everything that Smallhorses said, thanks to GTP I can't understand internet slang anymore.
 
GTP will be fine as firstly; not everyones ps3 will be connected to the internet, so they can't access it and secondly; here will be a better community as it is the fanatics of GT and also just racing in general, where as the ones on GT5 will be accessed by lots of little whiney kids.
Should be fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine :)
 
this isn't exactly the smoothest board on the web either

oh wait maybe I shouldn't be saying that to a mod

then again you did just use "txt slang" in your post after criticizing it

maybe if I use colored text it'll make it all better

Oddly, there was only one thing you did in your post which was against the AUP, and it wasn't moaning about GTP. I'll give you a clue:

Tthis isn't exactly the smoothest board on the web either.

Oh wait, maybe I shouldn't be saying that to a mod.

Then again you did just use "txt slang" in your post after criticizing it.

Maybe if I use colored text it'll make it all better.

Though I still have no idea what you're talking about, at least talking bollocks isn't against the AUP here.

I anticipate official GT5 fora to be just like the official Playstation one.


Who do you think? Or do you need to look up what an acronym is first?

It was an initialism, rather than an acronym. Acronyms form words which can be spoken - like "LASER" and, to a lesser extent, "ROFL" (our cats are called Rofl and L'mao - tell them you can't say their names :D )
 
Even if the forums have some level of good/great information available in them, and even if said information is easily available/updated frequently, that alone won't necessarily threaten GTP's existence. GTP is really defined by its user-base and the community molded by the strong AUP. The biggest threat will be moderator burn-out when GT5 hits the shelves and a massive influx of forum-morons appear breaking every rule! :lol:

It seems that, more often than not, any game with aspects of "tuning" (any MMO's skill/stat paths and gear usage, racing setups, etc) will have dedicated, non-official forums with great "tuners" and great information. GTP has filled that gap for many many years, and will continue to do so.
 
Think of all the idiots we regularly complain about that we meet when playing GT5p online (not going to mention any names but check out the blacklist thread if you don't know who I mean), where do you think these guys are going to be hanging out? I for one will not be joining them in the official forum but instead sticking with the relative sanity of GTP 👍
 
From what I have seen of most other "official" game forums they seem to be poorly laid out, poorly moderated and littered with banner sized avatars in members signatures.
 
I don't think GTP will be threatened by those official forums...
I'll probably end up frequenting both, depending on what's going on in the official ones.
 
Back