Will GT5 threaten the existence of GTP?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nasanu
  • 74 comments
  • 6,979 views

If there is a message board in GT5, how will you use it?

  • I would stick to GTP

    Votes: 100 47.2%
  • I would use both boards

    Votes: 95 44.8%
  • I would switch to the offical in game forums

    Votes: 17 8.0%

  • Total voters
    212
It seems that, more often than not, any game with aspects of "tuning" (any MMO's skill/stat paths and gear usage, racing setups, etc) will have dedicated, non-official forums with great "tuners" and great information. GTP has filled that gap for many many years, and will continue to do so.

Yeah I figured the responses would go this way. But it really depends on how far they are going with online in GT5. If I was involved in the online make up of GT5, I'd have tuning teams built in and make everything accessible from the web as well as PSN.

If they did that, had something similar to the tuning section of GT built into GT5, with a simple save setup button in GT5 to apply the setup to a car... That kind of functionality would be incredible. I really could not see many people sticking around here to copy down or print out setups to enter them manually.

But I am really speculating. Any message function in GT5 might not be any better than post-it notes.
 
GT Planet would keep us updated on DLC news and GT6 News :D hahaha now we're thinking 20 years in the future :)
 
I will stick to gtp anyway. Do you think there will be off topic sections on the in game message boards. Do you really think they will be a well managed?
If they are decent I will use both however if not gtp forever <3 <3
 
There is no way that an official forum could be as good as GTP. Sony or PD would be in complete control of what ever news/discussions got posted there.

There will always be a need for fan run sites free from the control of our overlord masters ;)
 
GTP has a good community. They can replicate the message board, but not the community. I said i'd use both in the poll, but i'll primarily use GTP.
 
I don't think it's going to threaten much of anything because all your forum are belong to us here on GTPlanet. This GT5 message board would just be home away from home (GTPlanet). It's not like people are going to defect from GTP to go to this GT5 message board. I voted for the middle option (I would use both boards).
 
GTPlanet is so much more than a forum about GT5 ...
 
-> I don't think SCEI/E/A's GT5 Forum will threat GTPlanet not even one bit, unless fellow GTP members invites other GTP members online (w/ their PS3's) for a good, clean track day. :)

-> There is also an option that you can do both with your PS3 [using GT5OF] and your netbook/laptop/iPad [using GTP] at the same time (if I'm that rich enough). :D

~> Plus I have a Vehicle Wish List (6.0 @ GT6 Forum by then) to take care of. :boggled:
 
Yeah this place will be the elite board, it's for people who have followed the series and has some/most of the best racers out there.

It will take away some of the new users that may get GT5, but that's can be seen as a good thing early on.
 
Seems kind of redundant, no?
 
A community-controlled forums will always be better than a corporation-controlled one. Not to mention a community as good as GTP is ;)
 
GTP will be used for tournaments and teams, tuning garages so absolutely not.
 
GT5 is going to boost GTP, if anything.
You should of been at Shoryuken.com when Street Fighter IV came out... all those members died off somewhere and some came back because of Super Street Fighter IV.
 
Where can you find most of the best GT driver around? GTPlanet of course! I will visit this site a lot when GT5 comes out, that's for sure. Tournaments, teams, car battle, Track day (more friendly), tuning help, drift lesson, and any other stuff that an official message board CANNOT do. So there's only one place for that and it's GTplanet! Even though a lot of people do argue in this website (no offense to anyone) they are a lot respectful (those who are) than any official forum or other official game website that TROLLS are common.
 
I'll probably use both, but I'll probably use GTPlanet more. 75/25
 
Where can you find most of the best GT driver around? GTPlanet of course! I will visit this site a lot when GT5 comes out, that's for sure. Tournaments, teams, car battle, Track day (more friendly), tuning help, drift lesson, and any other stuff that an official message board CANNOT do. So there's only one place for that and it's GTplanet! Even though a lot of people do argue in this website (no offense to anyone) they are a lot respectful (those who are) than any official forum or other official game website that TROLLS are common.
WE had people say bad stuff about this site before.
 
The answer is simple. No.

Well I look at it this way do you know how many paintball, computer, games, and sport forums are on the internet? Plus this is for all of the GT games not just one specific one.

Personally, here is where the problem lies: This is called GTPlanet, which is supposedly meant that it is dedicated to the GT games. Looking through it, how much is here that has nothing to do with th GT games at all? Loads. If GT5 supports a message board for only GT-related stuff, all the better. Which is what this forum should have stuck to.
 
Just look at fm.net and see how good official forums are for yourselves.
GTP is probably the best car/gaming/everything forum on the net.
 
If it's anything like the rest of "txt slangin'", insult-riddled, poorly moderated nonsense that tends to pass as normal on many other websites, then I won't be going anywhere near a GT5 message board.

:gtplanet: FTW.

This 👍
 
i think i don't use any message board. I only will drive, drive & drive and maybe drive some more. no time to talk:sly:
 
We talk online in GT5 okay?
 
Be prepared to wait, then. I don't give to people who demand.

'Whenever you're ready' hardly sounds like a demand, does it?

Can't say I'm not a little disappointed that you couldn't bring yourself to admit you made a mistake though. But I will tell you that it's not always a good idea to advise people to 'look up' the meaning of words when they happen to make a living out of teaching the language.
 
Personally, here is where the problem lies: This is called GTPlanet, which is supposedly meant that it is dedicated to the GT games. Looking through it, how much is here that has nothing to do with th GT games at all? Loads. If GT5 supports a message board for only GT-related stuff, all the better. Which is what this forum should have stuck to.

You mean the other video game boards? There was enough demand by the community for Jordan to add them. Or the real-life car stuff? Makes sense a lot of members who play GT will be interested in more than just the digital equivalents. And the off-topic areas? Look at any successful online community and you will see that an off-topic area is necessary. Without it, members don't have anywhere to blow off steam.

If you were around back in the days of GT.com (which had no affiliation with PD), you'd understand this pretty well.
 
Back