Will I like GT4?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bailout
  • 76 comments
  • 5,484 views
I wish I could play it on the PS3...
It was so epic, I once played it for 19 hours in a row (no life I know)
But its epic! :D
 
I don't suppose my Logitech driving force GT will work on my PS2? :nervous:
 
Bailout
I don't suppose my Logitech driving force GT will work on my PS2? :nervous:

Don't worry. GT3 and GT4 work perfectly with the DFGT. 👍
 
Don't worry. GT3 and GT4 work perfectly with the DFGT. 👍

Thats great news, I may set up another TV alongside and race in GT4 while I wait for the tracks to load in GT5. :lol:
 
you'll like it as much as i like it ive been playing it for THREE Years Now :D
 
The dirt and snow events were pretty average in gt4 but this was offset by the amount or rally events and events in GT mode all together. There was also the good rewards for winning races such as the 24hr races plus B-Spec rewinding and not forgetting the ability to re win and sell cars to make money and buy more cars and ugrades quickly.

All this talk makes me want to whip the PS2 and GT4 back out it really is in my opinion the best racing game I have played on any console, before GT5 came out I still played it more than I played all of my PS3 games put together. As for the A-spec and B-spec modes I would rather PD didnt change a thing from GT4 to GT5 in their implementation along with giving as so many more events in the older game.

All GT5 really needed was some minor tweaks to the physics, Graphics udated to PS3 quality and an update to the car list with new models that had been released after GT4 and I think I would have bought it and loved it much more than the game we all ended up with. As it is GT5 doesnt have the ability to give you that feeling of needing to do one more race or in my case one more tweak and test on the 'ring.
 
I have a PS2 etc, obviously the graphics will be poorer but hey? it seem GT5 is always getting slated for poor visuals.

Is it basicaly the same sort of thing but with less cars and slightly poorer graphics?

Say what? :confused: Who has been telling you that the GT series is known for poor visuals?
 
GT4 is a great game to play at anytime. I recently (before GT5 came out) did a run-through of the game and I beat it aside from the X Challenge of that game, Mission 34 (99.8%). Still, the game is so much fun to play.
 
You gonna love it, the best driving game of all times.
 
I prefer GT3 over GT4.
 
After reading this thread again I'm kinda shocked that people are saying GT4 had much more options and seems like a lot more races to do etc...You'd think that as we get along in the years the games would progress, not regress. Idk I've never played gt4 and I don't have a ps2 so playing the older games isn't an option but I'm very surprised.
 
Absolutely! GT4, has about the same amount of cars and the graphics are just a little worse but they still look great and has aged well. It also has WAY more events than GT5 with prize cars that are actually useful. :)
 
Last edited:
Well I've bought GT4 from Amazon for a whopping £1.49 + P&P I didn't want to spend that much on a game so I hope its worth it :lol:.

As GT5 has given me an addiction for driving games I've just bought a 2nd hand copy of 'need for speed undercover' and I've just this minute had a bash,

WHAT A LOAD OF UNREALISTIC CRUDE RUBBISH!! :grumpy:

I've played better looking games on an Atari 2600, no driving feel, no depth, strangley desserted citys to drive around (people?) after 10 minutes I turned it off and loaded GT5 back up.
 
Need for Speed Undercover, hands down, is the worst NFS game period.
 
If you're getting Gt4 to try be sure to get a PS2->component video cable, GT4 can be played in 1080i (might be one of the only PS2 games that can).
 
I totally agree :tup:Wait for this game,going back to PS2 graphics is not acceptable for me.I also would like to dare,to double dare PD to patch us with some decent engine sounds instead of imposing trading limits and super stupid pp points.Just listen to this melody :drool:


If they have gotten rid of the bugs from Shift and refined the physics that will be a real threat to GT5 and Forza.

Is that the tunnel from Monaco at 52 secs?
 
I totally agree :tup:Wait for this game,going back to PS2 graphics is not acceptable for me.I also would like to dare,to double dare PD to patch us with some decent engine sounds instead of imposing trading limits and super stupid pp points.Just listen to this melody :drool:


Honestly, i didn't like Shift 1 because driving the cars in that game felt like you're driving a boat. If they fix this in Shift 2 then i might try it out.
 
Some people said that standard cars look like their PS2 graphics so I presume it shouldn't be too much of a difference.
 
It must have been a pain for you die hard GT fans, you had to wait five years inbetween GT5 and GT4, ouch!! :crazy:

I did the same with 24, never watched it when it first came on but got into it in the 11th hour and marathoned my way through 8 boxsets in a couple of months. Best TV series ever, no contest.
 
If you've still got a PS2 and HAVEN'T got GT4 then you should definitely get it - it's a blast :D

You'll still find plenty of support posts for it in this forum too!
 
I think its time to play GT4 now, I've had it a week or so but still couldn't leave GT5 alone.
I've hit a wall now, all I can see ahead of me is hours and hours and hours of grinding and for what? I was driving round and round the Indy in my Ford GT whatever and droping off to sleep, I though "what on earth am I doing, this is crazy".

The endurance races are unlocked but they don't interest me one bit, I've also got NASCAR and Formula GT left for a rainy day but for now I'm finished with GT5.

Sick of grinding, sick of eyeballing that stupid progress bar on the loading screen.
 
GT4 is great, but.. You missed the boat, it was great years ago. It''s been replaced a more modern game. If you don't mind the less refined physics, graphics, sounds, then go for it.
 
You will like GT4, I loved it. Personally I think GT5 is more fun due to online game play and many unique car sounds (Ford Mark IV etc).. I cant go back.
 
Get into online racing. If you would like to experience online racing as it should be, add me to your friends list. Tune up a few cars in the 500 to 630 pp range with no adjustable front downforce and expect a message from me when I open the race room.
 
Thanks for that, I may have to get into online racing at some point.
 
I honestly preferred GT3 over GT4. However, I think GT5 is the best out of the three. GT5 is revolutionary in that this incorporates various driving schools in addition to the online seasonal challenges. Neither GT3 nor GT4 has this. I loved the Special Challenges. GT3 was great in that it was a huge step up in # of cars and races from GT2. GT4 just has better graphics from GT3 but noticeably worse that GT5. I always thought GT5 has near photo-realistic graphics.

Also, I didn't think highly of GT4 b/c a wheel was not required to win this game and I played it with a controller. I realized I couldn't not pass Jeff Gordon's NASCAR school wihout a wheel in GT5.
 
Back