Will PD Even Bother Making Another Game?

I don't think sophy will ever be implemented as a real gaming feature. We'll have to see.
There's no reason to think this mate.

The 1-month feedback implementation in Q1 this year is if nothing else a proof of concept.

I've a strong feeling we'll see Sophy soon...

The 1-month feedback implementation in Q1 this year is if nothing else a proof of concept.

My reason is that Japanese culture is rather hard to grasp to me as a European and a lot of choices they make are completely bizarre to be.

There was no reason to think they wouldn't do alot of things. I hope you're right but choices made by PD in the last 18 months have made me skeptical.

Ah yes, because questionable business decisions are a uniquely Japanese thing.

Gross comment. Do better.
Oof, the InternetPolice has arrived.
This tells me more about you than it does about me, buddy. Stating that some cultures are different than others is hardly a gross comment and I wasn't even talking about business decisions. I hope you feel good about yourself now defender-of-the-internet.

Sophy was announced in 2020 so it's not unfair to be skeptical on an upcoming release.

This topic is about PD making another game, and unlike you I stayed on topic here. Go somewhere else if you want to play your racism/#metoo-card. This is not about you.

During the recently showcased drift demonstration, the Sony AI guy re-asserted that they want to bring Sophy into the game. If nothing else, they've been repeatedly saying it and it does sound like there will be an update... at some point in the future.

Only thing I'm skeptical about is "soon." I'd be surprised if it arrived in 2024 - let alone a new entry in the franchise. This kind of echoes Kaz's comment about wanting players to consider GT7 a long-term project and I wonder if the two are related. I think it's fair to ask if Sophy intended to come with 7 from the start, but for one reason or another, didn't, and the game we have now is what released instead.

For me is GT7 just GT Sport2...Very dissapointing.
GT7 didn't deserved to call it like that...
I disagree because GTSport rewarded you more for playing the single player (with the handicap bonus).
I don't think sophy will ever be implemented as a real gaming feature. We'll have to see.
On the contrary, this will likely replace the multiplayer. Let's face it, with every version they do less. Not that it would be all bad. It would be better in most cases because it wouldn't act like an 8 year old child and drive around the track the wrong way

Thats the pattern pd has released every title mostly over the years never been longer than 5 years between the games

I am sure we have better single player in next gt, why would pd start devolop sophy ai if their would not be any single player, that might be reason why pd dosent put much effort in the single player, they proably want to integrete it with sophy ai.
Yes, but GTSport was only a half baked spin-off, not a true sequel.. Not to mention the increasing time needed for developing games in the last few years. I can expect GT7 somewhere in 2028-2029 as a cross gen title PS5/PS6

GT7 on the PS6 would be a joke and I can't realistically see GT7 still being supported with annual updates in 2028 given how little attention the game is already getting now. Besides which, GT8 has already been confirmed to be in development.

GT8 will for sure come out!!!
I even think it will be coming out much sooner then we think...maybe 2025/6.

2027 will be GT’s 30th anniversary - which makes me feel absolutely ancient I must say. So I reckon we’re more likely to see something to coincide with that. Whether it’s a brand new game or a special update or what I dunno. Apparently GT7 is being treated as an ongoing project, but at the same time GT8 is already in development. Kinda strange that it’s both, but who knows - these games take so long to develop we might not see GT8 for 10 or more years!

Last edited:
I touched this on another thread but I though it's worth asking here for more feedback.

How unlikely is PD releasing GT8 december 24?

They will reuse all car models and tracks ala GT3>4, VR2 is already implemented and Sophy in development, even publicly tested in PS5 for a while. I expect those two PS5-only capabilities to be the mayor selling point and a way to discontinue PS4.

I say december 24 just because of the 30 anniversary of PS. I was dabling with the idea of a PS5+GT8+VR2 bundle 🫣
I got a reaction to this post so I read it again after some days and... In hindsight, I actually think it does not make much sense. Maybe it did back then (GT3/GT4) when they couldn't update games via monthly patches or DLCs but not anymore.

If they keep pushing VR2 and make Sophy a mainstay of the game... PS4 users like me will very likely upgrade to PS5 anyway (I know I will). PS5 slim and PS5 exclusive Spiderman 2 are releasing as we speak... Next will (likely) be PS5 pro, a price drop, a 30th anniversary bundle... You name it.

TL;DR > No GT8 anytime soon. There's a lot to enjoy in GT7 and hopefully much more with future updates, so do it or find another source of joy but don't wait in bitterness for a miracle to happen.

GT7 on the PS6 would be a joke and I can't realistically see GT7 still being supported with annual updates in 2028 given how little attention the game is already getting now. Besides which, GT8 has already been confirmed to be in development.
I think it will be supported till 2026, not later. GT8 is probably set for a 2027-2028 release only on PS5.

Last edited:
Given the current state of PS Studios as a whole I can see Sony attempting to move GT8 up to 2025-26. They have exactly one single-player first-party game announced now (Wolverine, which must still be a couple of years away given Insomniac just released SM2). Naughty Dog seem to be in crisis mode. Guerrilla, Santa Monica and Sucker Punch are surely only just starting on their next projects that will take multiple years to build.

So given their five premier cinematic blockbuster studios aren't releasing anything soon, they need their smaller studios to fill in the gaps. I can see Sony learning the lesson of Insomniac's success (building and reusing New York instead of discarding everything has helped them to release three Spider-Man games when a lot of teams have only released one game in that time) and applying it to GT (the tracks, cars, and core driving gameplay are already built, they can just build a new "story"/"career" for it, polish some things, and ship it as GT8).

Given the current state of PS Studios as a whole I can see Sony attempting to move GT8 up to 2025-26. They have exactly one single-player first-party game announced now (Wolverine, which must still be a couple of years away given Insomniac just released SM2). Naughty Dog seem to be in crisis mode. Guerrilla, Santa Monica and Sucker Punch are surely only just starting on their next projects that will take multiple years to build.

So given their five premier cinematic blockbuster studios aren't releasing anything soon, they need their smaller studios to fill in the gaps. I can see Sony learning the lesson of Insomniac's success (building and reusing New York instead of discarding everything has helped them to release three Spider-Man games when a lot of teams have only released one game in that time) and applying it to GT (the tracks, cars, and core driving gameplay are already built, they can just build a new "story"/"career" for it, polish some things, and ship it as GT8).
Nah, it's too early. I expect something like a 2027-2028 release for GT8 as an only PS5 title or a cross gen PS5/PS6 title. GT7 will surely be supported until 2025-2026 at the earliest, it's a live service game at the end of the day.

Last edited:
It's a winter 26 release, following all the GaaS models (looking at you CoD)

They don't have to fundamentally change anything.

They have proved the update model, they have a large car roster, the online tech mostly works and they are getting more comfortable patching the game post launch.

Apart from UI and possibly race structure tweaks I don't think we are going to see massive leaps when they are fed like this incrementally now.

Is that a good or a bad thing? I don't know.

But it does raise the broader question about what AAA means in this day and age.

A large amount of issues and complaints on this, the largest GT forum highlight Quality Of Life improvements. Better race structure, better championships, more missions, better BOP, awkward UI patterns, chilli level AI etc.

Note these are not generational shift improvements to make, nor is upping the AI.

Realistically what more can they do tech wise? Higher poly models, sure, fix the QOL issues yup. Make online more compelling? 100%

Add a few more physics variables yup.

None of that sounds like a new game or even GT8.

And while it's fun to talk about GT8 what are the actual things you can expect from that game?

Better graphics, better physics (although it's not bad now), more cars and tracks, better AI. More varied and plentiful championships and race structure.

Seriously what else can they do at this point?

It's a winter 26 release, following all the GaaS models (looking at you CoD)

They don't have to fundamentally change anything.

They have proved the update model, they have a large car roster, the online tech mostly works and they are getting more comfortable patching the game post launch.

Apart from UI and possibly race structure tweaks I don't think we are going to see massive leaps when they are fed like this incrementally now.

Is that a good or a bad thing? I don't know.

But it does raise the broader question about what AAA means in this day and age.

A large amount of issues and complaints on this, the largest GT forum highlight Quality Of Life improvements. Better race structure, better championships, more missions, better BOP, awkward UI patterns, chilli level AI etc.

Note these are not generational shift improvements to make, nor is upping the AI.

Realistically what more can they do tech wise? Higher poly models, sure, fix the QOL issues yup. Make online more compelling? 100%

Add a few more physics variables yup.

None of that sounds like a new game or even GT8.

And while it's fun to talk about GT8 what are the actual things you can expect from that game?

Better graphics, better physics (although it's not bad now), more cars and tracks, better AI. More varied and plentiful championships and race structure.

Seriously what else can they do at this point?
I agree on everything but on the winter 2026 release... I mean, the winter 2026 release is in the best case scenario, but I think a Q2-Q4 2027 release window seems to be more likely.

I agree on everything but on the winter 2026 release... I mean, the winter 2026 release is in the best case scenario, but I think a Q2-Q4 2027 release window seems to be more likely.
I'd agree with that. I have nothing than intuition for my suspect date to be fair.

Back