Will people ridicule GT Sport if their favorite cars are not in the game?

Indonesia
Jakarta
Normalaatsra
Okay to quickly tell you what this is about, over the past few games in the racing genre, a lot of jab has been put on games due to a single missing car that ended up not being planned for inclusion. The car might have a legendary status, cult following, something that fans would express their disappointment if it's not included. There are also some cars that were included in the past, but was removed for unknown reasons, even if the resources are there.

In GT6, the lack of a BMW M3 Evo E30 was something this forum has discussed a lot during the build up to the release of GT6. Forza Motorsport 6 not including a Nissan Silvia S14 was treated with similar lament, despite existing in FM4 where all cars are said to be next-gen ready.

GT Sport will go without a big car list unlike the past two games, and I think it's quite safe to start predicting what big cars would be dropped from the series. There will be a big riot if any of the classic JDM icons are omitted. I think the Toyota Supra RZ will once again be a topic of hot discussion if it's not in GTS, that car never gets the pampering it deserves in GT. Bringing up the E30 again, I think there will be a revival of rants about it not appearing in GT too.

My favorite car of all time, the BMW M3 GTR (BMW #42 BMW Motorsport M3 GTR (ALMS) '01) is surely likely not to come to GT Sport from GT6, not because it's a standard but because of the new modeling system where everything was done from scratch.

I don't think there'll be a single car in GTS that was produced prior to 2005 as it seems to be featuring only current racing cars & VGT's and the latest road cars.

...Well, since there will only be 140-ish cars so it's inevitable masses of people's favorite rides won't make it. Going by the past examples, I'll bet almost half the car list will be Japanese.

Don't quote me on this though, if it turns out wrong. :P

I also don't see many old cars making the cut too. Again, no kubelwagens or some such nonsense hopefully.

No matter what cars do appear, people (including me) will end up complaining. You can quote me on that one.

I'd like to believe that PD is smart enough to not limit the car list to modern race and street cars, VGT's:yuck: and their duplicates and variants. I'd give it reasonable odds of them releasing a classic car pack or two, perhaps old school BTCC, DTM, Group 5, BMW M1 etc.

Although the cars are older I don't think availability is a concern given how they are showing up on a regular basis in other games and even modders are churning out exceptional work in this area.

Last edited:
I see an outrage in parts of the US if nascar isn't included.
Imagine if Nascar isn't included while at the same time an iconic Nascar short track (copy) is included for the first time:odd::odd:. It would be a bit silly to spend all those resources modeling an iconic short track and then not include any purpose built oval racers. Depends on a number of factors I suppose but it's hard to imagine the FIA wanting to be associated with a game that has Nascar in it, if they have any say at all.

But the FIA thing is specific to certain championships isn't it? It wouldn't matter for normal online or offline arcade in that sense. There's also the Gr.2 issue. Who's to say it isn't Gr.2 US (NASCAR), Gr.2 JP (GT500) and Gr.2 EU (DTM) for example.

Imagine if Nascar isn't included while at the same time an iconic Nascar short track (copy) is included for the first time:odd::odd:. It would be a bit silly to spend all those resources modeling an iconic short track and then not include any purpose built oval racers. Depends on a number of factors I suppose but it's hard to imagine the FIA wanting to be associated with a game that has Nascar in it, if they have any say at all.
Why would the FIA have an issue with NASCAR?

Why would the FIA have an issue with NASCAR?
They have no connection to Nascar and very little connection to North America at all outside of a couple of races like the WEC at CoTA. FIA is very Euro-centric. It's possible the FIA has no say whatsoever in car selection or game design or they could be all over it, we'll probably never know. But if they do, IMO they wouldn't want to promote a race series that they have nothing to do with from a country they have little connection to.

They have no connection to Nascar and very little connection to North America at all outside of a couple of races like the WEC at CoTA. FIA is very Euro-centric. It's possible the FIA has no say whatsoever in car selection or game design or they could be all over it, we'll probably never know. But if they do, IMO they wouldn't want to promote a race series that they have nothing to do with from a country they have little connection to.

Half of the cars entering the FIA events are fictional PD creations, I don't think FIA have any say or care about the cars. As far as I can see they've endorsed two official FIA championships to take place inside the game and left the rest up to PD. The whole game is not an FIA game, there are no official FIA series, I see no reason why there couldn't be NASCAR events or Super GT or anything outside of the two FIA competitions.

I don't think that's been said.

Yeah, me neither. I do remember Kaz stating GT5's Premiums were more suited for PS4, but I don't remember an equivalent statement from the T10 camp.

I can't find my post right now, but I predicted a few months ago that GT players would again miss out on an E30 in the next game. It isn't confirmed yet, but I remain confident that will end up being the case, sadly. :(

Yeah, me neither. I do remember Kaz stating GT5's Premiums were more suited for PS4, but I don't remember an equivalent statement from the T10 camp.

I can't find my post right now, but I predicted a few months ago that GT players would again miss out on an E30 in the next game. It isn't confirmed yet, but I remain confident that will end up being the case, sadly. :(
With GT Sport seemingly being focused on modern vehicles, I suspect you're right.

Maybe GT7...

As much as I'd love to play with an E30 in GT, I think the sociopath inside me would revel in its continued absence.

I reckon I'll kick up a stink if a Lotus 23 isn't in the game, complete with a wide range of appropriate engines. It's as good a choice as any.

But the FIA thing is specific to certain championships isn't it? It wouldn't matter for normal online or offline arcade in that sense. There's also the Gr.2 issue. Who's to say it isn't Gr.2 US (NASCAR), Gr.2 JP (GT500) and Gr.2 EU (DTM) for example.

Because NASCAR is it's own sanctioning body, where as your other example fall under FIA, and thus we're not fully in the know with if or what GTS will have for an arcade/offline mode, if any. Considering the fact there is no single player career mode, there is a chance that there is hardly an offline mode. And if there was it'd probably only extend to the content that was already necessary for the esport/FIA sanctioned races. However, @Samus makes a good point with the "fictional homologated" vision cars.

Can anyone tell me how one homologates virtual kit? (rhetorical question)

As for the thread, I have no idea what car will be moaned about, and really I don't care. I'm glad PD understand the scale (at least from the outside looking in) of what they're taking on, and instead of promising 1500 or more cars they're keeping it simple and doing a scale down. The last time that happened we still got a pretty good game, but only time will tell with GTS.

the game could have the most perfectly varied car list ever, and people (myself included) will always find something to complain about. I'm okay with the car list currently, but these PD creations are starting to litter the experience for me.

still praying for the Mclaren F1 though

Personally I think it's a joke that they're showing off an Audi R18 TDI in the trailer when there's been 5 new versions of the R18 since the one they use in GT Sport. I'm sure people could name others but being an Audi fan that's the one that irks me the most.

Not only that, but they put the R18 TDI Ultra (small V6 and all kinds of engine restrictions) to race against different spec cars, like the Peugeot 908 (2010, massive V12), Toyota TS030 (hybrid), not to mention those useless VGTs.

Poliphony Digital should make its employees watch some motorsport.

Not only that, but they put the R18 TDI Ultra (small V6 and all kinds of engine restrictions) to race against different spec cars, like the Peugeot 908 (2010, massive V12), Toyota TS030 (hybrid), not to mention those useless VGTs.

Poliphony Digital should make its employees watch some motorsport.

I can sort of understand that since very few different cars race in LMP1, Peugeot no longer race and Porsche are tied up by those dicks at EA for no reason at all since they don't have a racing sim game. But putting in a 5 year old car from a manufacturer that's have 5 new versions since is pretty embarrassing, the 2014 R18 e-Tron Quattro should be there at the very least.

As a Southern US resident, I predict outrage out here if NASCAR is absent.
I can't see PD winning that fight.
I think GT6 added 10 NASCAR 2013 models.
Out of 140, a number like that is quite a big chunk.
So even if they do have them in GTS, they will either be the wrong cars, or not enough.

I could be wrong I guess, but I'ld prepare for the outrage. :lol:

I can't see PD winning that fight.
I think GT6 added 10 NASCAR 2013 models.
Out of 140, a number like that is quite a big chunk.
So even if they do have them in GTS, they will either be the wrong cars, or not enough.

I could be wrong I guess, but I'ld prepare for the outrage. :lol:
But it's really only 3 or 4 cars with different liveries, not 10 unique vehicles.

Back