Will people ridicule GT Sport if their favorite cars are not in the game?

Or maybe just one pure white NASCAR - livery designed by owner. đź’ˇ
Not a bad idea actually. I'm not sure how much Nascar charges for licensing but I'm fairly certain it's not cheap. They could add a fictional stock car, or even several, based on current cars in the game. Project Cars did something like that with the Caper Stock Car.
texcofinal02.jpg

Cars in the game they could easily turn into fictional oval cars would be the Aston Martin Vantage, BMW M4, Dodge Charger Hellcat, Ford Mustang, Lexus RC-F, Mercedes SLS AMG and the Nissan GT-R. They aren't all 4 door sedans but it's fantasy anyway so they can bend the rules a bit.

Not a bad idea actually. I'm not sure how much Nascar charges for licensing but I'm fairly certain it's not cheap. They could add a fictional stock car, or even several, based on current cars in the game. Project Cars did something like that with the Caper Stock Car.
texcofinal02.jpg

Cars in the game they could easily turn into fictional oval cars would be the Aston Martin Vantage, BMW M4, Dodge Charger Hellcat, Ford Mustang, Lexus RC-F, Mercedes SLS AMG and the Nissan GT-R. They aren't all 4 door sedans but it's fantasy anyway so they can bend the rules a bit.
The Charger would definitely work if PD were to do this...

If anyone reading this is still asking for pre-2000's cars in GT Sport, it's not happening. This game is all about concepts and modern racing cars, so this isn't the game for that. You're probably going to be waiting until GT7.

I won't ridicule it, but it certainly decreases my interest in it, so far I think even Assetto Corsa has a significantly better and more varied car list. I'm not excited for any cars shown so far, nothing unique, and nothing original, and no interest in VGT cars for me.

I agree, the car list (what we know of it) in GTS isn't exciting. There will no doubt be a large number of fantasy concept cars, and then some modern race cars, and race modified road cars, and then some modern road cars. AC has some pretty awesome cars that stand out and make you actually excited to play the game. This is also true of Forza 6 and Project CARS, there is a wide variety of cars, and some very exciting stand outs, like old F1 cars and such.

Back to the title, it is really sad that GT introduced me to my favourite car and has now dropped it from the latest release... it's had a good run though, but I'm surprised the Evora is in there as opposed to the FIA R-GT Spec. Exige though.

Lotus_exige_R-gt_in_action.jpg

I'd be happy if GT-Sport only had 2 cars:

latest

I really liked how GT2 introduced you to the '97 era cars through their heritage and the different models and then let you make them track ready with racing modification. I hope GT7 brings this back.

So if I could wish for a concept in GT Sport I'd like to see this:

%5BWS%5D+Lotus+Concept_1.jpg

My only gripe with this so far is that with only modern cars I feel like the game will age very quickly. With GT6 it can still be fun because you have all of your old favorite classics and what not, with this only spanning a few years of cars, it could seem to get older faster if that makes sense

People have ridiculed Gran Turismo games for ages about certain cars not included. I remember in my early days on GTPlanet when people complained about Gran Turismo 4 not having supercars or the likes of Ferrari, Porsche, and Lamborghini. Thing about GT Sport is (and pardon my ignorance)... I don't know what someone would consider a "missing" car or "missing" car company or race constructor with the certain variety of cars and types of cars in GT SPORT. The game seems mostly fixated on GT race cars and some touring cars. What would qualify is something being missing? Only thing I could think of is maybe people feel Porsche should be included or something. Other than that, I think others would just be wasting their energy complaining of whatever is missing. It would be the equivalent of the Internet just finding something to bash on "because they can" or "because they're bored."

People have ridiculed Gran Turismo games for ages about certain cars not included. I remember in my early days on GTPlanet when people complained about Gran Turismo 4 not having supercars or the likes of Ferrari, Porsche, and Lamborghini. Thing about GT Sport is (and pardon my ignorance)... I don't know what someone would consider a "missing" car or "missing" car company or race constructor with the certain variety of cars and types of cars in GT SPORT. The game seems mostly fixated on GT race cars and some touring cars. What would qualify is something being missing? Only thing I could think of is maybe people feel Porsche should be included or something. Other than that, I think others would just be wasting their energy complaining of whatever is missing. It would be the equivalent of the Internet just finding something to bash on "because they can" or "because they're bored."

Well for one the newest race cars are missing, so far. I think that is a legitimate complaint.

To be honest one of the biggest concerns I have in the car list is with the age of the race cars. Not enough up-to-date models so far.

2010 Peugeot 908 (Only one newer 2011 car since they pulled out, but still)
2011 Audi R18 (Seriously outdated, completely different car today)
2011 BMW Z4 GT3 (It evolved quite a bit since then and is now replaced by the M6)
2011 SLS AMG (We've got the AMG GT now, where is it?)
2012 V12 Vantage (4 years old)
2012 Toyota TS030 (Same as the R18, very outdated and not much like the TS050)
2013 GT-R (I'm not sure how much this has changed in 3 years but presumably it has somewhat)
2013 458 GT3 (Great to finally have a GT3 Ferrari but why an old one? The 488 GT3 is here now)

Then we do have the 2015 R8 LMS, 650S and R.S. 01. Three up to date real world race cars, 8 old ones.

In the grand scheme of time they're not exactly ancient but the motorsport world moves fast and in particular LMP cars are very different today. The newer models could yet to be seen but it would seem odd to show off the old stuff first.

It's not like you can say they've not had time to model them when other, much smaller devs have managed it. I mean even the 2014 R18 would be a huge change and a lot more like the 2016 car than the 2011 one.

Gran Turismo Sport will get ridiculed no matter what they put in the game. You can't keep everyone happy. I will be disappointed with some of the classic GT cars being dropped but not enough to stop me buying the game.

Back