Will PORSCHE have a special part in Gran Turismo 7 ?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 7' started by Tricky Vega, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Tricky Vega

Tricky Vega

.... That, that's bummer !! :lol:

HarVee likes this.
  2. 05XR8

05XR8

Hmm
    You are now pretty much saying what I was saying. However, having a full car list of Porsches, is not required in the PD/Porsche partnership.

Who knows what marketing scheme will come from this?

Tricky Vega likes this.
  3. Tricky Vega

Tricky Vega

The obvious answer to that thread is "maybe not special but at least larger than in GT Sport " given by the trailer published in June with the featuring of 3 new Porsche cars to the franchise.

And I easily bet that Porsche is now more interrested to a partnership with Polyphony Digital for Gran Turismo, than appearing in the long lost and stupid Need for Speed franchise.

nickf1gr likes this.
  4. Bloodytears

Bloodytears Premium

Just a reference, but how important GT to Porsche if...

GTR365 likes this.
  5. Tricky Vega

Tricky Vega

That's clever, to reassure poeple at turn 10 that Porsche still wants to appear in Forza, while the links between Polyphony Digital and Porsche appeared more clearly since the trailer for Gran Turismo 7.

That's german, they have something to negociate with Turn10 :lol:

Animedeaf likes this.
  6. Bloodytears

Bloodytears Premium

I'm not sure, and actually never saw, played Forza and been into it, but I remember there was something with Forza and Porsche through EA licence, and their cars appeared in the game somehow. But this a not clear memory about what it was...

7. Tricky Vega

Tricky Vega

I like better seeing Porsche in Forza and Project Cars than in NFS.

8. Bloodytears

Bloodytears Premium

Dunno, I want Porsche to force SMS to make better games if they want to keep it :lol:

Tricky Vega likes this.
  9. Tricky Vega

Tricky Vega

...... Maybe some other new Porsche cars in GT 7 revealed during today's Ps5 showcase, I :censored: hope !

Bloodytears and Animedeaf like this.
  10. Bloodytears

Bloodytears Premium

Just not today...

11. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

Not in the UK.

If Porsche have any common sense (and I've worked with them enough to know they have) they will continue to ensure that their products appear in as many titles, across as many platforms as they can.

Do they want a relationship with PD? Yes, it sells well as a title, but at the expense of appearing in other titles? Not a chance, they have only just got out of that mess, as you need to understand that plenty of other titles offer things that PD don't.

Did Porsche partner with PD for its eSports involvement? Nope.
    https://the-race.com/esports/what-porsche-gains-from-its-esports-involvement/
    https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/202...ports-carrera-cup-deutschland-2020-21056.html

Does a GT title feature the most Porsche models? Nope.

Was GT the title Porsche first went to when it was free of its EA deal? Nope.

Does Porsche use GT and PD for its eSports team? Nope.
    https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/202...s-le-mans-preview-coanda-sim-racer-21213.html

Did Porsche go to PD for sims in its brand centres and promotional purposes?. Nope.
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/assetto-corsa-pro/

PD and GT is part of the picture, but be under no illusion, its not the only part of it by any means at all.

Oh, and you might want to check the sales numbers for the NFS series before you dismiss them out of hand so casually, as it all smacks a bit of PD/GT exceptionalism, an unfortunate and unhealthy part of the sim-racing scene. PS3 & PS4 player count for NFS titles is 77 million, GT titles across the same platforms is 38 million, and NFS gets to add in PC and Xbox sales as well, it's far from a "long lost and stupid" franchise.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    GTR365, ImaRobot, Tornado and 2 others like this.
  12. Tornado

Tornado

Nor do I suspect it is a hard rule in the US either. Before I joined this forum the only place I had heard them referred to as "Bimmers" was Car and Driver (and Automobile, which was usually Car and Driver defectors); and I just assumed at the time that was like the German spelling or something.

Northstar and Scaff like this.