Will the GT6 servers shut down?

• Thread starter gfMemo92
  • 30 comments
Once GT Sports releases will the GT6 servers shut down like GT5 did? Cause i was thinking of purchasing GT6 and i just want to know if the servers will be running and I MEAN running like for about 3 - 5 more years. Not like a month or something.

Also is this truly Gran Turismo 7 because to me it doesn't sound like Gran Turismo 7. To me it sounds like how Forza did Forza: Horizon. I think that GT7 will be made in like 2020 when they get the hang of programming in 4K resolutions for the upcoming 4K PS4 and it would make sense because not alot people have 4K TV's yet so they are going to wait a bit. So for now they are making like a short Gran Turismo which is Sport and well perhaps Sport will have 4k Support.

We don't know yet. I'd say the servers will shut down sometime in 2017.

Also:

Once GT Sports releases will the GT6 servers shut down like GT5 did? Cause i was thinking of purchasing GT6 and i just want to know if the servers will be running and I MEAN running like for about 3 - 5 more years. Not like a month or something.

Also is this truly Gran Turismo 7 because to me it doesn't sound like Gran Turismo 7. To me it sounds like how Forza did Forza: Horizon. I think that GT7 will be made in like 2020 when they get the hang of programming in 4K resolutions for the upcoming 4K PS4 and it would make sense because not alot people have 4K TV's yet so they are going to wait a bit. So for now they are making like a short Gran Turismo which is Sport and well perhaps Sport will have 4k Support.

Or maybe not until 2020 but unti like 2017 or 18

Use the edit button on the bottom of the comment box to avoid double, or in this case, triple posting 👍

I think GT6 servers are young and healthy, and they should get about one or two more years. GT5 servers ran 2010-2014, I expect 2013 - 2017 for GT6.

Delete - misread the title - this thread probably would be better in the GT6 forum rather than here though.

I think the GT6 servers should stay open for at least 6 - 12 months after GT Sport launches, but that may depend on how much use they are getting during that period.

Last edited:
My guess is that GT6 servers will remain until shortly after GT7 is released - NB I might be completely wrong! GTS has a relatively tiny car count compared with GT6 with (it appears) no classic car or historic car content. It also is abbreviated in terms of features. I would expect GT7 to follow fairly soon after GTS with all the current premium cars plus custom track creator, "Scapes" livery creator etc. GTS to me looks like an abbreviated game focussed on the FIA championships whose main purpose is to set a new quality level for physics, AI, car modelling quality etc. It looks like a pologue and has been described as more than a prologue, but less than a full game - I expect the full game (GT7) to follow a year or so after.

3-5 more years? Never, I expect 2017 to be the final year.
Also is this truly Gran Turismo 7 because to me it doesn't sound like Gran Turismo 7.
No, it's not.

I agree with Sick Cylinder. The GT6 servers will probably shut down after GT7 releases, as GT SPORT is just a spinoff. The GT6 servers will be there for people to play a "main" gran turismo game online with all the 1200 cars, as people may not like the 140 cars list or how the game is. However, at that point people probably have other racing games and will play that instead. I'm sure Polyphony won't try to force us to play a Prologue if we want online races... but you know how they are.

I think GT6 servers are young and healthy, ......

Are you are kidding or do you not play online? The servers are rubbish and have been for quite a while.

Issues:
Not being able to join friends because of server incompatibility problems
Not seeing other people on track
Lag
Random disconnect (even for host)
Slippery track syndrome
etc, etc.

I think you should revise your statement ;-) The sooner they shut them and retire them to he scrap heap the better!

Running is one thing, busy and well-used is another. It's a PS3 game, many have now moved on and many more will once GTS is released, even if it doesn't have the wide range of content. Of course people will stick around on GT6 but I can't see it being overly busy. Like any online game to get the best out of it you really have to be active in the first couple of years.

Are you are kidding or do you not play online? The servers are rubbish and have been for quite a while.

Issues:
Lag
Slippery track syndrome
etc, etc.

I think you should revise your statement ;-) The sooner they shut them and retire them to he scrap heap the better!

Well, you're right, but I don't have any of those problems. I think it's based upon who you play with and your ISP.

PS - Healthy meaning in the middle of its life.

Pretty sure the servers will go down sooner than later. They will need any free servers they can find for hosting online races.

Last edited:

Issues:
Lag
Slippery track syndrome
etc, etc.

Those are network problems, not server problems. GT6 uses peer to peer connection, so the incompability you experience is not with the server, but with the host's Internet connection.

Issues:
Lag
Slippery track syndrome
etc, etc.

Yeah all those issue are understandable with the way the online system is setup. Although I thought I was the only one to experience the slippery track syndrome. It really boggled my mind when it happened.

The problem with Gran Turismo Sport at the moment is not enough racing and not enough offline racing. They need to add more offline stuff to Gran Turismo Sport or they should shut down GT6 so more people will come and play online. It would cost a lot to keep both online.

The problem with Gran Turismo Sport at the moment is not enough racing and not enough offline racing. They need to add more offline stuff to Gran Turismo Sport or they should shut down GT6 so more people will come and play online. It would cost a lot to keep both online.
Being a corporation they''ll shutdown GT6 and force each consumer to pay $399 for a PS4 and $69.99 for GT Sport.
Not everyone has the ability to flush that much cash into the toilet for a over hyped demo.

the ps4 pro 1tb cost 399€ here on my country + 69€ for the game + the ps+ subscription for play online..
i was waiting to see what the next GT offers on the next gen but for now gt sport is not for me as a big fan of the series since GT1 i'm disappointed :guilty:

Sony has formally ended production of the PlayStation 3 in Japan, according to PlayStation's official page.

No point of getting the PS4 Pro unless you have a 4k TV.

the ps4 pro 1tb cost 399€ here on my country + 69€ for the game + the ps+ subscription for play online..
i was waiting to see what the next GT offers on the next gen but for now gt sport is not for me as a big fan of the series since GT1 i'm disappointed :guilty:
Whats not to like? Great game. Don't cheat yourself.

I believe you can find some bundles of PS4+Gt Sport for about $350, depending on the country.
That is about what I paid in 2007 for PS3 and GT Prologue (which had half the cars and a quarter of the tracks)

Back