Will the ps5 be stong enough to handle 4k 60fps, VR, advanced physics and tire modeling, ray tracing

• Thread starter Brainhulk
  • 63 comments
Brainhulk
And advanced AI all at the same time and online? Or will we hear the same excuses from past generations that the hardware is not strong enough, we have to wait until next generation.

And advanced AI all at the same time and online? Or will we hear the same excuses from past generations that the hardware is not strong enough, we have to wait until next generation.
if you do not push too much on the native 4k and manage resources well, it can be done easily.
I believe that right now, the heaviest thing to manage will be the RT combined with the weather and ToD effects.

In my opinion ps5 can not handle it, that's why unfortunately they are sticking with GT sport graphics like they showed in the trailer...Personally I would have preferred next gen visuals with checkerboard sub 4k resolution instead of an old gen game with native 4k

Physics and AI is CPU. Graphics is GPU. Completely different processes.

As for what it’s capable of, it depends on what you are rendering and what rendering method you are using. The GPU can do ten trillion floating-point operations per second, so as long as you stay below that you should be ok.

For reference, the PS4 pro can do four trillion floating-point operations per second, so the PS5 is about 2.5x faster.

Maybe, but it would be compromised in order to give the inevitable PS5 Pro a selling point.

Last edited:
In my opinion ps5 can not handle it, that's why unfortunately they are sticking with GT sport graphics like they showed in the trailer...Personally I would have preferred next gen visuals with checkerboard sub 4k resolution instead of an old gen game with native 4k
What's wrong with GT Sport graphics? It already looks next Gen. I've always known GT Sport was the base for GT7 and as of now I'm not disappointed.

Let's not talk about how the counterpart on the other console really looks old gen. Not to mention all the bugs the developer hasn't fixed. It's still a beta and we're the testers.

What's wrong with GT Sport graphics? It already looks next Gen. I've always known GT Sport was the base for GT7 and as of now I'm not disappointed.

Let's not talk about how the counterpart on the other console really looks old gen. Not to mention all the bugs the developer hasn't fixed. It's still a beta and we're the testers.
Lol this doesn't look next gen at all...

15egT6d.jpg

Even an indie game like ACC have far nicer textures...

Assetto-Corsa-Competizione-Brands-Hatch-08.jpg

15egT6d.jpg

Assetto-Corsa-Competizione-Brands-Hatch-08.jpg

Except that screen of ACC is from 2018 and probably on PC. Plus it's literally written at the bottom "images are not final". Doesn't represent the graphic quality of the game on current gen console (especially since the game isn't out on console and you don't know how it will look on it, with all the downgrades developers usually apply for release).

Anyway.

The magnitude of GT is definitely not the same as AC (niche audience). Those are details you don't see when you're driving at a decent speed. It's the least important in a racing game. Except if you want to camp on the side of the road and play farming simulator all day long. That's your choice.

What you see when you're driving is the cars around you, cockpit, reflections, sun glare, etc. GTS is good at that. FM7 did less good than GTS in that compartment and focused a little bit more on vegetation on the side of the road. Each developer has its priorities.
When I saw a side by side comparison of GTS vs real life on the Nordschleife at full speed I certainly wasn't nitpicking about the trees or vegetation.

There are way important things to focus on, as an overall next gen game. And that's what PD are doing. There's clearly an explanation for everything, to balance all aspects of the game (I'm always talking about the graphics aspect). If you don't think it's next gen and it's not exactly as you want it to be don't buy it. I guess you were the one who said he was going to buy it at 30 bucks or something. Please do it, by all means.

Let's see and compare reviews of GT7 and Assetto Corsa Competizione when they both drop on the same gen console.

Last edited:
Hardly fair to compare a single screenshot from (at best) an alpha of GT7 to a static shot of ACC running on an unspecified PC.

Given Kunos's utterly awful appproach to the console we probably won't see a PS5 version of ACC anyway, its just over a week away from release on PS4/Xbone and we haven't seen a single screenshot, gameplay clip or even confirmation of features yet. The chances of them doing a PS5 version are remote at best I would say.

Early GTS clips/screenshots didn't look that great and look what we ended up with.

The magnitude of GT is definitely not the same as AC (niche audience). It's details you don't see when you're driving at a decent speed. It's the least important in a racing game. Except if you want to camp on the side of the road and play farming simulator all day long. That's your choice.

What you see when you're driving is the cars around you, cockpit, reflections, sun glare, etc. GTS is good at that. FM7 isn't good at that. Each developer has its priorities.
When I saw a side by side comparison of GTS vs real life on the Nordschleife at full speed I certainly wasn't nitpicking about the trees.

There are way important things to focus on, as an overall next gen game. And that's what PD are doing. There's clearly an explanation for everything, to balance all aspects of the game (I'm always talking about the graphics aspect). If you don't think it's next gen and it's not exactly as you want it to be don't buy it. I guess you were the one who said he was going to buy it at 30 bucks or something. Please do it, by all means.

Let's see and compare reviews of GT7 and Assetto Corsa Competizione when they drop.
(For me AC1 graphics were awful on console and the gameplay was boring. Not my cup of tea)
In fact the track textures and vegetation are a very important thing since it helps massively the immersion while going around the track. Now if a little developer like kunos with 1/10th of the budget of PD has managed to put off those textures i don't understand why PD can't do the same on ps5 which has a super fast ssd that can stream 5.5/gbs uncompressed assets in 1 sec...

In fact the track textures and vegetation are a very important thing since it helps massively the immersion while going around the track. Now if a little developer like kunos with 1/10th of the budget of PD has managed to put off those textures i don't understand why PD can't do the same on ps5 which has a super fast ssd that can stream 5.5/gbs uncompressed assets in 1 sec...
That's a debatable opinion.
Plus, as I already wrote, that screen is probably taken from pc.

Kunos's game content isn't as big as GT.

Plus, again, GT7 isn't out yet. Same for ACC on console.

Please don't take me back to the useless GTP graphics debates of 2009 and 2010. Please...

P.S. Starting @1:55...vegetation looks fine to me.

Last edited:
PS4 Pro could handle very nice graphics which they were around 2k/60 FPS or something like that. And the PS5 is much much more powerful (like 3x more than the pro?) So yeah, 4k/60 no problem, technically I dont think there will be much to dislike. The complaints could probably come to by QUANTITY part.

Dont get people talking about immersion and pointing out very secondary things like the grass and trees.
Since this is a driving/racing game what immerses you is the car view, the sound of the engines, the crowd, stuff like that.

Nice to see you rehashing the same arguments in every thread. Anyone can pull a good screen shot of one game and a poor one of another and make the argument fit their agenda:

upload_2020-6-14_17-27-9.png

Not to mention GT7 is considerably earlier in development than ACC is.

We will see plenty of tweaks between now and launch. A studio don't decide not to do anything between revealing the game to the world and release, they work hard on a lot of different things. Graphics, physics, content, they will be working on and tweaking all of it between now and when it comes out.

Last edited:
PS4 Pro could handle very nice graphics which they were around 2k/60 FPS or something like that. And the PS5 is much much more powerful (like 3x more than the pro?) So yeah, 4k/60 no problem, technically I dont think there will be much to dislike. The complaints could probably come to by QUANTITY part.

Dont get people talking about immersion and pointing out very secondary things like the grass and trees.
Since this is a driving/racing game what immerses you is the car view, the sound of the engines, the crowd, stuff like that.
Trees and grass are the predominant part around a track unless it's a city track like Tokyo Expressway, so yes they should be decent for next gen standards...and im'not talking only about the tress and general vegetation but also about low res trackside and road surface textures which shoudn't be present on a next gen flagship AAA game

Trees and grass are the predominant part around a track unless it's a city track like Tokyo Expressway, so yes they should be decent for next gen standards...and im'not talking only about the tress and general vegetation but also about low res trackside and road surface textures which shoudn't be present on a next gen flagship AAA game
When you are racing, you watch the landscape trees? Because I dont, instead the normal is to look at the things that matter, like the track itself, and the other cars.
Also trees and grass have become quite irrelevant in modern racing tracks and with current safety standards, I dont think there is any need to make them extremely realistic

Looks like GT7 will have GT Sport physics, so no improvements on that sadly...

When you are racing, you watch the landscape trees? Because I dont, instead the normal is to look at the things that matter, like the track itself, and the other cars.
Also trees and grass have become quite irrelevant in modern racing tracks and with current safety standards, I dont think there is any need to make them extremely realistic
Im not saying something extremely realisting, but something at least decent for an AAA next gen title

15egT6d.jpg

Again this isnt decent at all, even some old gen racing games have more defined environements cmon...

But this game isn't even out yet, Shingo you're flooding all the threads with the same point over and over XD, just give PD some time, I know that sucks tbh, but we're talking about a game that's on a console that's not even available to the public.

Ok we get it. You like nice looking trees. Email PD about it, I'm sure they'll get right on it.

As for more important stuff, didn't Kaz state they are going for solid frame rates than visual eye candy? Can't see why the PS5 can't do 4K 60 FPS with the current visuals. I doubt GT7 is going to look that much better anyway.

@Shingo_civic and the picture that @Dave A posted is any better ?

You seem unable to grasp the concept of development. GT7 is far from finished at this point and in any case, your cherry picking of PC screenshots from ACC basically means nothing.

Looks like GT7 will have GT Sport physics, so no improvements on that sadly...

Its entirely likely that GT7 will re-use some things from GTS, however that doesn't mean there is no scope for improvement and revision.

You seem unable to grasp the concept of development. GT7 is far from finished at this point and in any case, your cherry picking of PC screenshots from ACC basically means nothing.
And by the way, isn't ACC on Unreal Engine 4? Kunos probably used some assets from Unreal Engine 4, so it's not that one team is more talented than the other.

Its entirely likely that GT7 will re-use some things from GTS, however that doesn't mean there is no scope for improvement and revision.

Im just commenting what i've seen from the trailer and unfortunately it seems that many people are okay with those blurried textures, vegetation,popup etc... That's why im afraid PD reading these threads where people are all happy with the same old gen GTS graphics will leave it like that...i really hope isn't the case that's why im posting these pics.

Except that screen of ACC is from 2018 and probably on PC.
cherry picking of PC screenshots from ACC basically means nothing.
Also imagine bringing PC to a console fight.
Plus, as I already wrote, that screen is probably taken from pc.
Considering the PS5 is supposedly in the ballpark of a Ryzen 3700 and a 2080, why are all these posts acting like being PC screenshots means they are inherently going to look a lot better?
The PS5 and Xbox SeX aren't like the previous console generation or the PS3, where they were mediocre even on debut. These are very much like the 360 or the original Xbox, where they are very much in the realm of a decently high spec PCs (even if they won't be for too much longer after debut).

For that matter, when it comes to making a game look really pretty for the purposes of screenshots, it doesn't matter that much how powerful the source system is. If you just wanted to take pretty screenshots for press material, you could even make something like RDR 2 look exactly like the PC version. The game would just run like total trash.

Considering the PS5 is supposedly in the ballpark of a Ryzen 3700 and a 2080, why are all these posts acting like being PC screenshots means they are inherently going to look a lot better?
The PS5 and Xbox SeX aren't like the previous console generation or the PS3, where they were mediocre even on debut. These are very much like the 360 or the original Xbox, where they are very much in the realm of a decently high spec PCs (even if they won't be for too much longer after debut).

For that matter, when it comes to making a game look really pretty for the purposes of screenshots, it doesn't matter that much how powerful the source system is. If you just wanted to take pretty screenshots for press material, you could even make something like RDR 2 look exactly like the PC version. The game would just run like total trash.
Exactly,the ps5 it's comparable to an high spec pc,the SSD is even faster of what we have in the pc world...but still PD (at least for now) haven't manage to deliver a truly next gen game but only a GTS port with better reflections and volumetric clouds but with the same blurried textures, vegetation,blurried shadows etc.

You talk and act like the GT Sport graphics are bad. Don’t understand why you’re so bothered over some pixels on a tree in a video game. We can all have our opinions and that’s fine, but it just looks like you’re looking for as many things to moan about as possible. Same boring comments in every thread. We’ve only seen a 3 minute trailer, calm down.

You talk and act like the GT Sport graphics are bad. Don’t understand why you’re so bothered over some pixels on a tree in a video game. We can all have our opinions and that’s fine, but it just looks like you’re looking for as many things to moan about as possible. Same boring comments in every thread. We’ve only seen a 3 minute trailer, calm down.
GTS graphics are good for the ps4 but not for the ps5 cmon guys,just look at the screenshots above where even a low budget game like ACC looks next gen compared to GT7...

GTS graphics are good for the ps4 but not for the ps5 cmon guys,just look at the screenshots above where even a low budget game like ACC looks next gen compared to GT7...
You haven't seen GT7 yet. None of us has.
"look ay my screen, cmon look at it!!" Will you please stop? Stop spamming the same ACC screen from PC, in different threads.

The day we'll see GT7 and ACC on PS5 with the same track and car we'll make a comparison. Many youtubers, as usual, will.
Stop jumping to conclusions.

Back