Will the T-GT be worth it?

Buy T-GT

• Yes will be worth it.

• Just buy a VIVE and pCars2

• Don't do either.(please explain why)

Results are only viewable after voting.
People consider them starter wheels for the same reason people call Forza and GT simcades. It's true, there are stronger simulators, but people like to define and compare things using extremes. My first wheel, a DFGT, is a starter wheel. It was very affordable, basic, and great to use, it's functionality.

With all that said, I totally believe the T-GT will be worth the asking price for the quality, especially if it suits your style (if you're really into sim racing or super into GT like I am). Or if you can easily afford it, just go for it. If you need to save up for a year, rethink what your priorities should be. I need to do that though hahaha. I would consider buying this wheel after using a G27 for the past four years, except I will be waiting another year or two before moving on to a higher performance steering wheel.

Edit -
I posted this moments before you hit the post button for this thread.

As I said on another thread, I sold my G27 and my T500rs for 400 € in total. I did that to amortize the cost of the T-GT.

I'm aware that buying a steering wheel at 799 € represents a "risk", so I hope it will be good but I'm not worry so much !

Last edited:
As I said on another thread, I sold my G27 and my T500rs for 400 € in total. I did that to amortize the cost of the T-GT.

I'm aware that buying a steering wheel at 799 € represents a "risk", so I hope it will be good but I'm not worry so much !
Soooooo, you're not wealthy and you're not into sim racing? What's the gaffe here? Oh, the priorities thing. Hey, don't listen to me. I'm a doofus.

What software did you use? I use Trinus PSVR, which uses the gyroscopes within the HMD to track your head movements, so you don' t even need a camera to use it. Was easy to setup, and basically tricks Steam VR into thinking that a Vive is connected. It has a free trial that shuts down every 15 minutes, so once you've confirmed that it is working, you can simply purchase the license, which is 10-15 dollars.

I used Trinus PSVR too. Was hard as all hell to get right. Keeping the VR screen on the right monitor(I have 4 so it was tricky, since it would start up on the one monitor that was not 1080p) then the left and right viewports would be on opposite sides. and adjusting the setting would not get it to work right. Wasn't enough time in my day to calibrate it. :/

I used Trinus PSVR too. Was hard as all hell to get right. Keeping the VR screen on the right monitor(I have 4 so it was tricky, since it would start up on the one monitor that was not 1080p) then the left and right viewports would be on opposite sides. and adjusting the setting would not get it to work right. Wasn't enough time in my day to calibrate it. :/

Ahh, I see how that would present a problem. Your best bet would probably be to duplicate the screen, which would then cause it to show the same things on all 4 monitors (I think).

Ahh, I see how that would present a problem. Your best bet would probably be to duplicate the screen, which would then cause it to show the same things on all 4 monitors (I think).

Will give that a shot, next time i'm not lazy about trying.

Sorry to be Mr. Negativity, but this is pretty disappointing....
That price is probably for the speaker on the bottom. I respect SimRacingGirl's opinion, and unless someone here can convince me otherwise, I can't justify $799 for that wheel. If Amazon wasn't out of stock, I'd have ordered my CSL Elite right now.

• Next Level Racing Wheel Stand - check
  • Fanatec ClubSport V3 Pedals - check
  • Fanatec CSL Elite - Next Week
Lol. I can't think of a way to spend the money on the wheels without alerting the wife...

I've thought about that CLS Elite wheel and them Clubsport V3's as well. £930 last time I checked Amazon.

How do I know Sony won't decide PS4 devices won't work on PS5 though?

I've thought about that CLS Elite wheel and them Clubsport V3's as well. £930 last time I checked Amazon.

You wont but the only way to make sure of compatibility going forward is to swap from console to PC.

CronusMaxPlus. I currently use it to run my G27 on my PS4. It's not bullcrap either. PCars2 is the best FFB experience I've ever had. And I'm using a G27!

@Tired Tyres http://cronusmax.com/

Last edited:

I think the market for adapters is a thing now and companies will be wise to making such devices.

I decided to cancel my pre-order on the T-GT, I'm happy with my T300RS and don't really see myself using the extra buttons, etc. I'm sure the FFB is improved and is optimized for GTS, but maybe later.

Jerome

I have a DFGT in our garage - not sure if it has a power supply. Im happy to give it a home FOC - collection only and i'm in Essex :)
I still have/love my (2 DFGTs). You can get a power supply on Amazon or smth. I bought 2 of them and a g27 back when you could set up 3 PS3s for 3-screen setups, but never bought TVs of the same size, so the kids and I just battled all the time!!

Yeah, the NextLevel Racing stand is a bitch for mounting Fanatec gear.
YEAH! Luckily, 2 of the 3 needed holes were available.

GAME.co.uk still haven't Shipped My T-GT yet. Meant to be Next Day Delivery via DPD so It better be here by Wednesday or I won't be too happy!

Ended up getting the CSL E with ClubSport 3 pedals. I love it but setting it up properly is a challenge!

Nice bud, I tried this wheel and It's very good for It's price point and I love the Rev Lights on it. Only downside is that It's not supported with GT Sport out the Box and Fanatec have yet to resolve the issues which is a little concerning as they said after the Closed Beta that It will be ready with GT Sport on Day 1.

Yeah, I've pre-ordered T-GT on Amazon and they haven't shipped yet :nervous: I hope it will be OK for tomorrow !
I'm sure we'l be fine! :D I have my new PlaySeat Evolution arriving same day for Wednesday so I'll feel a little bit for My DPD Guy he's got alot of heavy lifting to do for me that day!

I bought the t-gt and love it. The pedal set feels amazing and the wheel is ultra smooth.
See.. now this isn't really saying much. Boobs also feel amazing. We need some more info. What wheel/pedal set are you coming from or comparing it to?

I'm sure we'l be fine! :D I have my new PlaySeat Evolution arriving same day for Wednesday so I'll feel a little bit for My DPD Guy he's got alot of heavy lifting to do for me that day!

T-GT have been shipped ! It will be OK for tomorrow :D

I hope it's the same for you ! :)

In comparison to g920 pedals. The brake on the 920 is too stiff for me.
I see. A lot of people like the stiffness. The ClubSport V3 set has a stiffness adjuster. I'm trying to get the feel as close to my Camry as possible, but the technology just isn't there, at least not at this price point.

For those in doubt... the T-GT pedals use the same plastic heel rest as the T3PA but all metal pedal arms. So they are heavier and sturdier.

I've not seen a comparison between them, the T3PA and the T3PA-Pro yet however. And they have the same conical brake mod as both T3PA sets, and likely similar pedal weight.

Back