• Yes will be worth it.

• Just buy a VIVE and pCars2

• Don't do either.(please explain why)

Results are only viewable after voting.
United States
Columbia, MD USA
Laserbeak43
Hi,
I've got a T-GT savings going and am getting ready to drop $1k on it and a Wheel Stand Pro, next Friday. But I'm wondering, will it actually be worth the money?
The last wheel I've bought was a G27 (I use CronusMaxPlus to make it work on PS4) and most of my good wheel before that were Logitech wheels. I'm aware of the fact that people consider these to be starter wheels, but I don't know why, exactly. Anyway, I'm wondering if I'd be better off just buying a VIVE and pCars2 and use my G27.

Honest Opinions please?

People consider them starter wheels for the same reason people call Forza and GT simcades. It's true, there are stronger simulators, but people like to define and compare things using extremes. My first wheel, a DFGT, is a starter wheel. It was very affordable, basic, and great to use, it's functionality.

With all that said, I totally believe the T-GT will be worth the asking price for the quality, especially if it suits your style (if you're really into sim racing or super into GT like I am). Or if you can easily afford it, just go for it. If you need to save up for a year, rethink what your priorities should be. I need to do that though hahaha. I would consider buying this wheel after using a G27 for the past four years, except I will be waiting another year or two before moving on to a higher performance steering wheel.

Edit -
I posted this moments before you hit the post button for this thread.

Different topic, separate post.

https://gameidealist.com/news/detai...ing-wheels-gt-sport-exclusive-rumble-feature/

T-GT information updated? I am looking forward to the day I can afford this. For simpler usability, accessibility, much higher performance / specs than anything else Thrustmaster has come close to releasing. It's the closest thing to a direct drive motor / steering wheel, yet affordable :lol:.

Thanks for your input. We sort of have similar history, as i have 2 DFGTs in the basement. Used to play GT5 with the family on 3 wheels back in 2013.
That's what I was planning, but no one else cares about competition in my family anymore. When I was more inexperienced and beatable, playing against me wasn't too much of a challenge. I had a leg up on my brothers after GT5 came out so I think that's why they never bothered trying to learn how to race using a steering wheel.

I´m ready to take the plunge on a CSL Elite PS4, after a decade using a G25.

To me upgrades are all or nothing. I wouldn´t want to update to a medium and basic wheel (like the G29), because it´s usually a lot of money to be invested, so i like to buy these things for 10 years or so. If you´re short on money, getting Pcars and keeping the wheel could be a good bet.

I´m not sold on those Thurstmaster wheels. They seemed very close to Logitech level, at least the ones i tried, so i don´t know if they are a good investment, considering you already have a competent one and is looking to upgrade.

That's what I was planning, but no one else cares about competition in my family anymore. When I was more inexperienced and beatable, playing against me wasn't too much of a challenge. I had a leg up on my brothers after GT5 came out so I think that's why they never bothered trying to learn how to race using a steering wheel.

That sounds like my house lol! Although, I'm still pretty bad...it's just that my children have gotten into other games. My eldest son will be getting my G27 mailed to him if I order this T-GT though.

Yes, I've read similar articles and am wondering if the "novelty" of T-DFB will be worth a purchase. Do you think that this feature is the only thing that makes the price what it is?

To me upgrades are all or nothing. I wouldn´t want to update to a medium and basic wheel (like the G29), because it´s usually a lot of money to be invested, so i like to buy these things for 10 years or so. If you´re short on money, getting Pcars and keeping the wheel could be a good bet.

I´m not sold on those Thurstmaster wheels. They seemed very close to Logitech level, at least the ones i tried, so i don´t know if they are a good investment, considering you already have a competent one and is looking to upgrade.

The last Thrustmaster wheel I bought was the one for DriveClub's launch. It was an 80 dollar wheel and it did feel like 20 bucks. Aside from that, I have no experience with Thrustmaster so I'm unsure and will need to do more research, but I've always thought that they made good wheels, if you spent good money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I've got a T-GT savings going and am getting ready to drop $1k on it and a Wheel Stand Pro, next Friday. But I'm wondering, will it actually be worth the money?
The last wheel I've bought was a G27 (I use CronusMaxPlus to make it work on PS4) and most of my good wheel before that were Logitech wheels. I'm aware of the fact that people consider these to be starter wheels, but I don't know why, exactly. Anyway, I'm wondering if I'd be better off just buying a VIVE and pCars2 and use my G27.

Honest Opinions please?

Honestly, I'd say try to find a way to use the VIVE a few times. It's a big decision, going that way or getting the T-GT, and while I personally love VR, it's not for everyone. If it makes you dizzy or uncomfortable after a short time, it'd be an unfortunate hit on your wallet.

I'd also recommend trying the T-GT — and other wheels — before buying, if at all possible. It felt pretty good when I tried it back in June, but not necessarily better than other wheels in that price range. That comes with some caveats though:
  • The T-GTs on the GT Sport pods felt different from one another, so it's hard to get an idea of the baseline.
  • The unique-to-GT high-frequency feature still needed to be fine-tuned.
  • The experiences with other wheels during that week were also quite short. The Fanatec CSL Elite has had a lot more seat-time from me since, but that only started a week or two after the show ended.

P.S. You can avoid double-posting by using the +Quote or Edit buttons. 👍

From what I've heard, the T300 is an upgrade to the G29 (which is only an updated and sturdier G27 unfortunately). Comparing the differences of those wheels to the quality of the T-GT doesn't make sense. It's in a different league to them.

That sounds like my house lol! Although, I'm still pretty bad...it's just that my children have gotten into other games. My eldest son will be getting my G27 mailed to him if I order this T-GT though.

Yes, I've read similar articles and am wondering if the "novelty" of T-DFB will be worth a purchase. Do you think that this feature is the only thing that makes the price what it is?
Haha I'm not the greatest, but I'm persistent. I think T-DFB is one piece to the puzzle. Everything combined should make this worth purchasing. If you happen to buy a second one with no one willing to take it, send me a message. Seriously. Doooo iiiiit.

Anyway, in case you didn't check it out on Amazon, there are many more details covering the T-GT.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074HHXW5N/?tag=gtplanet-20

Honestly, I'd say try to find a way to use the VIVE a few times. It's a big decision, going that way or getting the T-GT, and while I personally love VR, it's not for everyone. If it makes you dizzy or uncomfortable after a short time, it'd be an unfortunate hit on your wallet.

I'd also recommend trying the T-GT — and other wheels — before buying, if at all possible. It felt pretty good when I tried it back in June, but not necessarily better than other wheels in that price range. That comes with some caveats though:
  • The T-GTs on the GT Sport pods felt different from one another, so it's hard to get an idea of the baseline.
  • The unique-to-GT high-frequency feature still needed to be fine-tuned.
  • The experiences with other wheels during that week were also quite short. The Fanatec CSL Elite has had a lot more seat-time from me since, but that only started a week or two after the show ended.

Been googling and most people seem to been on the side of Fanatec when in comparison to Thrustmaster. Siiiigh I have a lot to think about.
I wonder if all of those T-GTs feeling different from each other is a hint about build quality?

P.S. You can avoid double-posting by using the +Quote or Edit buttons. 👍
Sorry, I don't use forums much anymore these days. Forgot about etiquette. :)

From what I've heard, the T300 is an upgrade to the G29 (which is only an updated and sturdier G27 unfortunately). Comparing the differences of those wheels to the quality of the T-GT doesn't make sense. It's in a different league to them.

Haha I'm not the greatest, but I'm persistent. I think T-DFB is one piece to the puzzle. Everything combined should make this worth purchasing. If you happen to buy a second one with no one willing to take it, send me a message. Seriously. Doooo iiiiit.

Anyway, in case you didn't check it out on Amazon, there are many more details covering the T-GT.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074HHXW5N/?tag=gtplanet-20

LOL I will, if my poor memory allows me to. And I've read that page, and Thrustmaster's page forward and backward day in and day out. LOL!

Been googling and most people seem to been on the side of Fanatec when in comparison to Thrustmaster. Siiiigh I have a lot to think about.
I wonder if all of those T-GTs feeling different from each other is a hint about build quality?

I wouldn't chalk it up to poor build quality — more that they were probably early development/pre-pro units that had been dealing with non-stop activity for at least a few days.

You're right, lots to think about. It's one of the hurdles of our genre: there's usually no way to get an idea of how these expensive accessories work until they're bought and in your house!

Sorry, I don't use forums much anymore these days. Forgot about etiquette. :)

No worries, just a reminder. 👍

First thing I've noticed is the wheel size...what do you think? How does Fanatec compare?

Walking into my room and looking at my G27, they look to be about the same size.

I wouldn't chalk it up to poor build quality — more that they were probably early development/pre-pro units that had been dealing with non-stop activity for at least a few days.

You're right, lots to think about. It's one of the hurdles of our genre: there's usually no way to get an idea of how these expensive accessories work until they're bought and in your house!

No worries, just a reminder. 👍

So true. The Fanatec set is about USD 1200-1300 and there´s not a lot to go from other than reviews and five to ten minute experiences i had at the SEMA auto show

It´s a lot of money and most of the times it´s kind of a blind buy.

The one thing i´m not sold on are VR sets. Never had the chance to try one, so i´m definitely not sold on it.

First thing I've noticed is the wheel size...what do you think? How does Fanatec compare?

Y'know, I can't find T-GT measurements anywhere. Most Thrustmaster rims are 11", though the TS-XW is a 12.2" Sparco replica. The Fanatec CSL rims are 11.8", but some of the standalones go even bigger (the Porsche 918 RSR is 12.6").

So true. The Fanatec set is about USD 1200-1300 and there´s not a lot to go from other than reviews and five to ten minute experiences i had at the SEMA auto show

So I take it you've already read ours? :P

The one thing i´m not sold on are VR sets. Never had the chance to try one, so i´m definitely not sold on it.

I wasn't either until I tried it. A few laps of VR in PCARS1 earlier this year was enough to convince me, and I did some more with GT Sport and PSVR back in June. I really like it, but I readily admit it's not the most social of experiences... having friends over to play on the rig is one thing, but nobody wants to be that guy with the big dorky headset on.

Y'know, I can't find T-GT measurements anywhere. Most Thrustmaster rims are 11", though the TS-XW is a 12.2" Sparco replica. The Fanatec CSL rims are 11.8", but some of the standalones go even bigger (the Porsche 918 RSR is 12.6").

So I take it you've already read ours? :P

I wasn't either until I tried it. A few laps of VR in PCARS1 earlier this year was enough to convince me, and I did some more with GT Sport and PSVR back in June. I really like it, but I readily admit it's not the most social of experiences... having friends over to play on the rig is one thing, but nobody wants to be that guy with the big dorky headset on.

Fun fact: i was only considering it, and after the review i convinced myself that i should do this. I had the wrong impression that it was a dumbed down Fanatec product for PS4, but with the shifter and the LC pedals it´s actually great.

Thanks for the review!

Afterwards i got in touch with Fanatec´s sales department here in my country and i´m just working out the details of the bundle right now.

I´m down on GTS, but still a sucker to play it properly, specially for GT Academy. Will end using it more on Project Cars for the PC, but it´s nice to have a PS4 compatible product

Yep! I've traded them in for children! <3

-edit-
DriveClub VR is pretty cool. I've tried setting up my PSVR on PC, but didn't have much luck with pCars. I didn't have the patience to work around the quirks. Oh well.

-edit-
DriveClub VR is pretty cool. I've tried setting up my PSVR on PC, but didn't have much luck with pCars. I didn't have the patience to work around the quirks. Oh well.
Wait for GTS in VR. You should be pleasantly surprised.

So immersive, you can taste the rubber and reach a transcendent state. You can lock yourself in another world. The world of GT.

Wait for GTS in VR. You should be pleasantly surprised.

So immersive, you can taste the rubber and reach a transcendent state. You can lock yourself in another world. The world of GT.

That's what I was hoping for, and it sounds great, but they've limited this feature to 1 on 1 races vs AI and a limited set of tracks (2, I think?). That sucks. I'm disappointed. I truly hope that GTS is the PS4 equivalent of GTPrologue or something, where more functionality comes in a later release.

P.S.
You had a way with your words there. Maybe you should be a writer, if you aren't already? :cheers:

Hi,

Honest Opinions please?

I know it's not the question you asked, but the G29 is already a competent wheel - personally I would try not to change it, but consider other things - particularly 4D (Rumble / Tactile).

I currently play Project Cars on PS4 and the rumble effects are outstanding and add massively to the realism and sense of immersion - I get a transmission thump in the back with each gearchange, engine rumble, kerb strikes, rumble strips etc. Read this excellent review by @Scaff - it might be an eye opener to an area of extra immersion.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/tactile-review-reckhorn-2-1-bs-200-kit.353088/

I know it's not the question you asked, but the G29 is already a competent wheel - personally I would try not to change it, but consider other things - particularly 4D (Rumble / Tactile).

I currently play Project Cars on PS4 and the rumble effects are outstanding and add massively to the realism and sense of immersion - I get a transmission thump in the back with each gearchange, engine rumble, kerb strikes, rumble strips etc.
The G27 with my CronusMaxPlus gives me the best response I've ever experienced in a racing sim. pCars on PC with my G27 doesn't seem to give me the feedback responses I get on PS4. I love it.

Read this excellent review by @Scaff - it might be an eye opener to an area of extra immersion.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/tactile-review-reckhorn-2-1-bs-200-kit.353088/

Thanks, I'll do that.

-edit-
That. Was. Very. Interesting!
I didn't even think of doing that. Will definitely be something to consider when I actually build a cockpit. Maybe I'll wait, on pre-ordering, because they won't even be locally available on Oct 17th here. I can see what people think about it and use my G27 in the mean-time.

Last edited:
If money is one of the components of your evaluation, I'd say it's definitely not worth it if it's your first steering wheel. Starting with a T300 is the ideal, imo. Good enough for all skill ranges for the price and works with PS4 and PC. If you want something that works with all platforms though, you might want to look into something else.

If money is one of the components of your evaluation, I'd say it's definitely not worth it if it's your first steering wheel. Starting with a T300 is the ideal, imo. Good enough for all skill ranges for the price and works with PS4 and PC. If you want something that works with all platforms though, you might want to look into something else.

PS4 and PC are good for me And this is my 6th wheel. My current best is a G27. Works well on all of my PS4 racers when coupled with a CronusMaxPlus. Not really sure how well the Fanatecs will support PS4 games if at all.

The G27 with my CronusMaxPlus gives me the best response I've ever experienced in a racing sim. pCars on PC with my G27 doesn't seem to give me the feedback responses I get on PS4. I love it.

Thanks, I'll do that.

-edit-
That. Was. Very. Interesting!
I didn't even think of doing that. Will definitely be something to consider when I actually build a cockpit. Maybe I'll wait, on pre-ordering, because they won't even be locally available on Oct 17th here. I can see what people think about it and use my G27 in the mean-time.

This sounds like best of options in current moment, imo...

I had two Logitech wheels, Fanatec RS3 with clubsport, now on T300/g27 pedals - last one provides me with clearly best feel (and FASTEST times 👍 ).

Trustmaster impresed me by being the only company that actually payed fees to Imerssion (patent holders for base of ff technology) and to platform holders - so their customers could keep using every old wheel on next gen consoles.

Others "clevery" directed all the blame on MS/Sony... like cheap bast***s, imo. But Trustmasters move quietly exposed them nicely.

I might have bit more understanding for Fanatec in some distant future, but I'll never buy any kind of equipment again from Logitech.

This sounds like best of options in current moment, imo...

I had two Logitech wheels, Fanatec RS3 with clubsport, now on T300/g27 pedals - last one provides me with clearly best feel (and FASTEST times 👍 ).
Really? wow! T300 with G27 pedals is your best setup? I guess maybe I should be thankful!

Trustmaster impresed me by being the only company that actually payed fees to Imerssion (patent holders for base of ff technology) and to platform holders - so their customers could keep using every old wheel on next gen consoles.

Others "clevery" directed all the blame on MS/Sony... like cheap bast***s, imo. But Trustmasters move quietly exposed them nicely.
Yeah! I've just heard about this to be honest, but I know Logitech has been forcing its users to buy new hardware, or at least, that's what the compatibility issues looked like to me, an excuse to do so.

I might have bit more understanding for Fanatec in some distant future, but I'll never buy any kind of equipment again from Logitech.
Yeah I'll stick to keyboards and mice when it comes to Logitech. They're not selling me another wheel.

Not even Logi mice and keyboards for me.

Also, for GT5&6 even just full G27 set up was faster for me then FanatecRS3/clubsport. T300/g27 pedals even a bit better.

It might be down to GT being optimised for Logi, but actually Fanatec directly (ab)used Logi's drivers on ps3, and had massive amount of in wheel options - but it was so huge and heavy, compared to nimble G series it was like driving a truck.

But today there are much nimbler Fanatecs as well 👍 I do like those!

I'm aware of the fact that people consider these to be starter wheels, but I don't know why, exactly.
That's why.
In my opinion Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel for PS4 is better than T-GT.The CSL has only one disadvantage,can be noisy.Both wheels have approximately the same torque,about 6 newton metre.CSL is a singel belt drive while T-GT is a dual belt drive.More belts/gears means less accurate force feedback and more friction.The T-GT has T-DFB which is an advantage but for me the pure force feedback which comes from the motor/driving mechanism is more important.

The T-GT has T-DFB which is an advantage but for me the pure force feedback which comes from the motor/driving mechanism is more important.

This has been the main factor in my interest in wanting to buy the T-GT for the past 24 hours :). I'm hoping we get a good pre-release review in October.

-edit-

What software did you use? I use Trinus PSVR, which uses the gyroscopes within the HMD to track your head movements, so you don' t even need a camera to use it. Was easy to setup, and basically tricks Steam VR into thinking that a Vive is connected. It has a free trial that shuts down every 15 minutes, so once you've confirmed that it is working, you can simply purchase the license, which is 10-15 dollars.

Back