Will there be nfsu type cars in gt4

  • Thread starter Thread starter tyzone_gt1
  • 56 comments
  • 2,235 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, and you don't think that would ignite the same "veterans against new members" conflict... :p
 
Conflict never goes without loss, but we don't want to lose the valued veterans. Quite a delicate subject indeed. What about if we all took no notice of threads like this and then the conflict would never take place. The veterans wouldn't get annoyed at the noobs and the noob sympathisers wouldn't attack the vets.
 
and a tumbleweed would roll gentily past...
 
how about people just stop being pricks in the first place and we won't have issues like this. I moderate and admin on four boards some game related and some car related. Easiest way to solve something like this.
Create punishments for those who are rude/flame baiting/etc. I dont' care whether it's old man fogey board poster guy or not. Everyone treated the same.
You'll still have issues everyonce in a while. But they clear up quickly.

I'm not telling you to not allow vets have their say when a "noob" does something stupid. I just mean that those vets need to do so with respect. JUST THE SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE. There are more than one way to convey your feelings.

And as a specific, I have something to say for the person Viper Zero.
That was really uncalled for. You had called him a reject, insulted his writing, and pretty much just harrassed him when he tryed to calm the situation down. He even apologized.
As for telling him about posts that are for nothing, you could have done exactly what you did....except with nicer wordking. Instead you chose to insult him right off the bat and have now alienated a new member who may now choose NOT to come to these boards. New members are the lifeblood of a board system. And it's up to the "vets" to show them the proper way to conduct themselves. Without the older vets to guide the new blood coming in, boards soon close do to frustration and inactivity from those unwilling to care about them anymore.
And as for his writing, had you thought that maybe his english wasn't very good? How old is this member? Is he 8? 10? maybe 17 or older but with little education?

This was NOT a flame against Viper. It's just a suggestion from a fellow "vet" who left these boards due to annoyance of this type of incident and who is now returning, to start anew.

S31Ender
 
Back to the original discussion, i'd like to know (this is just a question) why race cars like the ones features in NFSU are not 'welcomed' in the GT series... They are, after all, Race cars. Sure some cars are just nice looking, but most of them are track-ready... I hardly see the point not having them??? Or am i missing something? I though the GT series was about building up the ultimate racing game... Street racing is becoming more and more popular, and it wouldn't be surprised if at some point, it becomes partially 'legal' under controled enviroments...

I dont mean to brag, ***** or flame, and expect the same in return, but what is the big deal? I got friends with 'rice' cars, and they outperform a freakin' 911 and 360. Surely that's worthy of something in the racing world? Or is it purely discrimination because they like bright colours and motifs on the frame?

I'm so overally confused by this hate for NFSU/Fast and Furious type cars... i just don't get it.
 
Need For Speed Underground 2 is a great racing game, I would go as far as to say its not a complete arcade racer anymore, yeah you can refill your n02 by drifting and stuff but the tuning part destroys GT3. GT4 better have a in depth tuning system like NFS:U 2. You can adjust torque curves. But the best part about the game is playing it with a wheel. I get sick and tired of people bashing NFSU. Grow up already.

Gt4 Will have similar cars with the D1 race cars and the "TUNER" cars already shown. Some of you idiots dont even know what "rice" really is, just over use of a word. A riced out car has cosmetic mods, no power and performs poorly. Try google before using that racist word to discribe a car.
 
RedOak
Back to the original discussion, i'd like to know (this is just a question) why race cars like the ones features in NFSU are not 'welcomed' in the GT series... They are, after all, Race cars. Sure some cars are just nice looking, but most of them are track-ready... I hardly see the point not having them??? Or am i missing something? I though the GT series was about building up the ultimate racing game... Street racing is becoming more and more popular, and it wouldn't be surprised if at some point, it becomes partially 'legal' under controled enviroments...

I dont mean to brag, ***** or flame, and expect the same in return, but what is the big deal? I got friends with 'rice' cars, and they outperform a freakin' 911 and 360. Surely that's worthy of something in the racing world? Or is it purely discrimination because they like bright colours and motifs on the frame?

I'm so overally confused by this hate for NFSU/Fast and Furious type cars... i just don't get it.

The way I see it, street-racing cars are more concerned with flash than anything else. Ground effects (useless), bright colors & decals (useless), neon lights (useless). Plus, as I understand it, street-racing itself is illegal in most countries.

In the end, it's simply a totally different kind of racing. Just because something is "racing", doesn't mean it belongs in GT. NASCAR is "racing", but you don't see a dozen oval tracks in GT, and only three kinds of cars to race on 'em. In fact, I think there are more types of racing NOT represented in GT than the ones that ARE included.

But going back to your comparison about a souped-up ricer car beating a 911/360. Is that on the quarter-mile? Or on a four-hour road course race? Apples and oranges.

I agree wholeheartedly with what the folks above said.. if you want street-racing, get NFSU. If that's all you like, then GT ain't for you.
 
I think I remember reading an article a long time ago about those "tuned" cars in The Fast and The Furious. If I remember correctly, it said that some of the cars handled horribly and were actually slower than the stock ones? :confused: It was way too long ago so I don't even remember where I saw the article from, so don't ask me to find it :p
 
The S2000 from 2F2F was faster than all but the Evo 7. I have the Issue of Sprots Compact with the 2F2F cars being tested. The Skyline was slower mostly cuz the AWD was disable and it was ruing with heavy 19"s, but it doesnt matter since it was for a movie and all the cars in that were 10 sceond cars :). But its not like they were Honda Civics to start.
 
Don't forget the Blitz Drift Skyline, and the Silvia Drift car. Those are for drifting however. But close to what you're talking about.

BUT don't worry...


They're very powerful. They're no ricers.
 
Any car that can out run 911's and modena's is most likely not going to fall into the category of rice. The s2000 in 2F2F had an aftermarket supercharger, and therefore was the most powerful and the lightest. Labounti I agree that we need to ditinguish between rice and tuned. Personally I think any game which encourages you to rice out your car is not one that GT should be involved whatsoever to. I've never played NFSU, but from the little I've heard you can't tune your car until later in the game, only put on lights, a body kit and N20. I guess GT and NFSU are on different ends of thte spectrum of car games. As PD seems to want to push GT further and further into the area of full out Sim, adding riced out cars in any way would be counter productive. Basically what I'm saying is drift cars rule, leave the body kits home.
 
I'm talking about Underground 2, it s whole different game. This aspect can be mergred into GT, just the visual mods, different color new wheels is very bland. Forza has it and that alone gives it an advantage.

Buy the way there are GT4 Sema awards, ya know what that show is about? Pretty much everything thats in NFSU2.
 
Sema is an exhibition for all aftermarket car products, things like body kits and neons just happen to be fall under that umbrella. True tuning companys also fall under sema also, so GT4 is justified to include cars from it as they are to include the drifting cars and a car like the 400r from GT3.
 
Somehow I doubt that. I think SEMA is more associated with racing rather than ricing. Or did all those cars have ground effects, neon, and were owned by Vin Diesel/Eminem wannabes? Or were they finely-tuned racing machines owned by professional drivers? Again, apples and oranges. NSFU2 advertises itself as being about the "import tuner culture", which was described by IGN as "Yo! Know what I'm saying dawg?" And that.. is.. NOT.. Gran Turismo.
 
Sema is the special equiptment manufacturors association. Anything could fall underthat, from a company that produces high end dynos to the company that makes after market shifter balls. The name doesn't even have anything to do with cars. I guess PD went there because they knew that they would see a huge variety of cars and be able to pick the one they liked the best.
 
Viper Zero
See, this is the problem. You got rejects who think GT is about riced up automobiles. This is far from what GT is about and those who think this need a swift kick in the sack.

Done.
*Throws up at idea of these cars*

Please no, no NSFU/Fast and Furious cars! They just look really tacky and make the drivers into posers. Like Viper Zero said, GT4 is about pure racing, not the wannabe alternative. Play NSFU if that's what you want, but there's no room for this sort of thing in GT4. Hopefully stuff like NOS will be confined to drag racing.
 
Do you race?
Hopefully stuff like NOS will be confined to drag racing.

Either that, or there's the real-life downside.. that stuff tears up an engine something awful, so the car would require regular maintenance (with a price tag) to keep it up and running. And since you can't go to GT Auto during a championship, for example, it would be quite useless, since your car would crap out halfway through the tournament.

But I'd be happy if it were limited to drag races, as well. Otherwise, it's like having the "Boost" button from Burnout available.. and like many aspects of tuner culture, I don't find that welcome in my GT.
 
i dont mind if they put authentic body kits for some of the cars

like C-West, INGS+1 ones are designed to provide better airflow towards brakes, intercooler, airbox.

it also would be useful if we can install large ass GT wings and underbody diffusors for more downforce tuning.
 
Hyde
i dont mind if they put authentic body kits for some of the cars

like C-West, INGS+1 ones are designed to provide better airflow towards brakes, intercooler, airbox.

it also would be useful if we can install large ass GT wings and underbody diffusors for more downforce tuning.

I agree with that, but I think it would be the last thing on my list of modifications.

I don't think I want "large ass GT wings" though. :)
 
Well it was announced that wings will be part of the modifications in GT4, we'll just have to see if they're "large ass GT wings" :p
 
LaBounti
Buy the way there are GT4 Sema awards, ya know what that show is about? Pretty much everything thats in NFSU2.
You might note that the two "Best in show" awards handed out so far have had a near-stock appearance, with monster powerhouses underneath.
 
i am totally sick of the word 'ricer' badged to every Japanese car with a body kit. theres plenty of moded skylines etc that could smoke any ferrari. most Japanese cars look like absoulute **** stock thats why you put a body kit on, not just to look cool. most race cars have body kits dont they? why cant we put one on our cars?
 
I am totally sick of people freaking out about body kits. Did you read Hyde's post or mine. Most of the japanese cars that look bad stock are going to look bad when you throw on some stupid wide body kit. But, there are plenty of cars (skyline's, rx-7, silvia, supra's...) which can be accented by some nice fender bulges and a new front end. We want good body mods with functionality.
 
stumpydino
i wouldnt mind some modified cars in this, tho id like to do it myself, strange thing is that gt has left the toyota badge on it and it has a different front bumper (why?), they did get the rest pretty accurate tho
2_celi1.jpg

The bumpers are different becasue thats a newer bumper trial has made for there celica. (sighs) I wish i could drive this, dont let those graphics and bling bling wheels fool you, that thing can handle!! 👍

Trial http://www.trial.co.jp/trial-usa/
 
they still look bad but they look better.
 
LaBounti
Need For Speed Underground 2 is a great racing game, I would go as far as to say its not a complete arcade racer anymore, yeah you can refill your n02 by drifting and stuff but the tuning part destroys GT3. GT4 better have a in depth tuning system like NFS:U 2. You can adjust torque curves. But the best part about the game is playing it with a wheel. I get sick and tired of people bashing NFSU. Grow up already.

Gt4 Will have similar cars with the D1 race cars and the "TUNER" cars already shown. Some of you idiots dont even know what "rice" really is, just over use of a word. A riced out car has cosmetic mods, no power and performs poorly. Try google before using that racist word to discribe a car.


i STRONGLY disagree with you, NFS is game, it's fun for the people that play it, but it's just that, a game, Gran Turismo has never intended to be a game, but a simulator that appeals to all kinds of drivers, so far the GT series has never lived up to it's simulator tag, untill now, GT4 is for the first time a real sim, playing NFSU will entertain you, but it will not teach you real life behaviour of a car, or teach you how to handle a car at high speed on a track, learning a track (a real one of course) on GT4 and mastering it with a car, will actually teach you most of what you need to know about the REAL track.

NFSU is allright... for a game, but what i don't get is people like you, that compare a simulator, to a GAME, that's like apples to oranges.

I mean, come on man, if you're saying NFSU isn't a complete arcade racer, then what is?
it's ARCADE 100%, go play a real simulator and be amazed at the huge differences in "gameplay".
 
If you want NFS:U style cars, play NFS:U 👍

Stop cluttering the forums with useless topics such as this one, thank you very much.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back