Will we be able to add hp to the racing cars?

Hi everyone,

Do you guys know, anybody, or have found any info on it in the internet if there will be a possibility, like in GT3, to add hp to racing cars, and to tune cars (many of them) to nice 4-digit amounts of hp, more than that in GT2?

And, do you think it should be so?

Thanks,

well, adding a stage 4 turbo or stage 3 NA tune seems to be the norm for most of the race cars in the GT series. 4 digit hp numbers will almost surely be there. i dont know of any specific info on the net and as far as more or less racecar tunning than gt2, these little details will only be known when we take a fine tooth comb over our own compies of GT4. dec 17 baby :cheers:

You'll probably be able to do it, but nobody knows.

I remember I've never done that to any car in GT3.

...the cars come pretty much tuned and maxed out...which is why you cannot add MORE...because it's generally already there.

Hey in real life if you bought a race car you could remove the restrictor plates and add turbos. Why shouldn't you in GT4? I think they should prevent you from taking a 1300hp car to every race, only some unlimited races where your opponents have similar cars. Although I'm not sure the comp can handle controlling 100hp cars. I remember watching the preview of tahiti maze with my 1100hp skyline. The comp. actually spun out and crashed, on a straight!!

A restrictor plate is basically a plate that covers a section of the intake, restricting the flow of air into the engine. Most series have them in some form, the rules usually say that when the restrictor plate(s) is covered up the engine should stall. They are only on some race cars.

Hmm, yea imagine a new race series in R/L that would be unlimited, no rules exept the car can only be so big... kinda scary thinkin of what monsters manufacturers would make :ill:

xcsti
A restrictor plate is basically a plate that covers a section of the intake, restricting the flow of air into the engine. Most series have them in some form, the rules usually say that when the restrictor plate(s) is covered up the engine should stall. They are only on some race cars.

hmmm... its not the plate in the throttle body is it?..

actually there are some cars with restrictors in the intake pipe...
Like my mom's Dodge intrepid..

removed it and now the engine torque seems to have been boosted in the lower rpm range!

unlimited huh! group C back in the 80s is kinda like that. i heard for some speed channel thing that david hobbs said "some of the porsche 962s were pushing 1100hp at le mans, it was amazing." something like that.

Vette_Drift
hmmm... its not the plate in the throttle body is it?..

actually there are some cars with restrictors in the intake pipe...
Like my mom's Dodge intrepid..

removed it and now the engine torque seems to have been boosted in the lower rpm range!

If it were the plate in the throttle body, removing it would make no sense as you would lose control of the engine. They kind of work like having a small lpw flow exhaust, except on the other end of the system.

have any of you people who sit around and tune cars to the max ever thought about how ridiculous your cars are? 1300 HP...who drives that? i understand that once in a while people like to max out cars even in real life (1350 HP Skylines, 1200 HP Golf R32s, 1200 HP Supras) but come on...cars should be balanced, not overkill. i definatly think that adding HP to the racecars in GT should not be allowed...Tha_con, capnlarge, and drjoe are right...it just makes the cars unrealistic....why are all of you so obsessed with SPEED? try balance, realism, handling, thats what racing is about, not who can stuff insane amounts of power in their car. As a gearhead and race-a-holic, i have seen a lot of this kind of stuff...sure F1 tries to develop more and more power, but it is coupled with handling, balance, and they actually have a scope to it all, unlike taking a Skyline, stuffing the biggest turbo you can find and think it's some hot ****.

Some of oyu may think i'm over reacting and I DON'T WANNA MAKE ANYONE FEEL BAD OR DISLIKE ME...i just wanna try to remind all of you what racing is about. keep a level head and play realistically!

yeah i agree that an increase in hp should result in in increase in overall car handling abillity. but i still think that a 1400hp supra (akira supra) is so awesome and ive seen it on a track and it handles awesomely. i think that the street cars (not racing) shouldnt be able to be tuned unless the nessasary items are there. i think that before a stage 4 turbo is able to be bolted on it must require a full engine overhaul, like in real life and a chasiss and suspension upgrade to the level of power output. ps i hope like crazy there is turbo smoke from the wastegate opening

Most race series have engine restrictions because of safety. If someone wants to use an 1800 hp car against 300 hp AI cars let em...but they aren't really learning anything worthwhile in the process.

In GT1 and GT2 you could build 1000 hp Skyline, 3000GT and Supra race cars by doing up a road car and doing the Race Modification.
The Race modification was removed in GT3 so they decided to give HP boost to the Race bodied cars.
So it probably depends if race mods are in or out.
If you have enough credits to pay for big HP then why not use them if that is your way of having fun in GT ? Personal choice is half the appeal of playing GT.

I don't see why it wouldn't be in, seeing it was a step in a ne direction after GT2 to GT3 which allowed mods. Why would they go back?

actually i always found it funny in GT games when you could upgrade racecars even more. aren't they already moded like hell. thats why they are race cars. i'm still kinda undecided on the subject. i like moding the race cars but i rather have realism. i don't know!

well have you ever heard of some one moding a nissian R390 LM racecar in real life. by the way where do they get these HP increases for the racecars after you mod them since its never been done to the racecars in real life. another example who in real life has moded a toyota GT-one race car. you see what i'm saying about realism.

nightcreature84
well have you ever heard of some one moding a nissian R390 LM racecar in real life. by the way where do they get these HP increases for the racecars after you mod them since its never been done to the racecars in real life. another example who in real life has moded a toyota GT-one race car. you see what i'm saying about realism.

I agree with you man it is kinda stupid. BUt I would like to see us being able to modify cars to like 2000 HP for DRAG RACING ONLY! Or like 8000 HP on a funny car if they have one.

whats unrealistic about tuning a gtone just because they havent done it before doesnt mean you cant actually do it. that is realism.its your choice.

I thought I heard of times where teams maybe add more horsepower to cars or drop in new engines. Going on that assumption, I'd have to say that it is possible to add more horsepower to race cars. A race car is still a race car. You still have the grippy tires, the lightweight body. And what's that American tradition? Oh, yeah... "More power is always better." Don't assume that people are going to mod up a Nismo GT500 Skyline with a Stage 4 Turbo and ride the walls. Unless races restirct this from happening, I'm sure they are as legal as anything.

I won't tune up any race cars in gt4. It is so stupid to make 1000 bhp from car that is already 600 bhp for example le mans cars. And if you put for example put racing muffler and air cleaner to Shelby Cobra in gt3, awesome american engine sound disappear.

Does anyone know is one BHP (horsepower) same as one PS?

I doubt many of you will over kill your cars becuase of the new point system, which is now based on many other factors besides coming in first in order to win the series.

Back