Will we be able to add hp to the racing cars?

Sure an some engines can be made to have 1000+hp, and you could mod a race cars engine to give it and extra 100-150hp...

But the thing is just how reliable is that engine now??? Increase in hp normally means the higher probability something will give way in it.

As there is no damage, either physical or 'virtual'(where a performance decrease could be programmed to simulate a lost cylinder or something) in GT4, we should leave the increase of racing cars hp outputs alone.

The new PS3 and an eventual GT5 maybe able to handle this scenario, then a player can gamble to whether the engine that they're modded to extra hp will last a race. Maybe, we should leave it until then...

hellnback
Sure an some engines can be made to have 1000+hp, and you could mod a race cars engine to give it and extra 100-150hp...

But the thing is just how reliable is that engine now??? Increase in hp normally means the higher probability something will give way in it.

As there is no damage, either physical or 'virtual'(where a performance decrease could be programmed to simulate a lost cylinder or something) in GT4, we should leave the increase of racing cars hp outputs alone.

Agreed totally! - If PD do allow Race cars, and huge horsepower increases for Skylines, Supras etc then they should impliement a 'reliability' degredation issue like the 'Oil change' in GT3 where the more miles you do without spending money on oil changes - the lesser horsepower your car has. This could be done by having the higher tuned a car is, the quicker your power decreases with the milage you put on it. You could then build your power back up by spending money on a engine rebuild - 20,000 credits instead of 500 for an oil change. This is much more realistic and would mean that even on a ten lapper a Supra (modified road version, not JPGT) thats starts the race with 1200bhp could end it with maybe 640bhp? - this is probably what would happen in reality.

Mr P510
If a racing car in real life has X amount of bhp,and it's in GT4 then thats how it stays for me. Granturismo=Simulator.

Totally agree, even IRL in most classes of racing, engines are usually developed to such a level that if one was to stay in the rules (for that class) a huge improvement in power would amount to 1 or 2 percent, most times a fraction of a percent. I have heard of few road racing categories that would suddenly allow massive new bolt on components that would give a car a huge advantage and allow it to race with others in the category which were unmodified. Which is what you would have in GT as the AI cars would be unmodified.

hellnback

THats why I said removing the restrictor plate. doing that would not affect the reliability badly. Most endurance cars are more reliable than your average everyday car, because they have to sustain high revs for long periods of time. The tunings should equate to sprint setups, where they do sacrifice a bit of reliability, unless PD includes a 24hr race.

in GT2 u could tune the GT-One´s engine up to 975hp, but this was the "road" car---with no difference in contrast to the race car except the painting!
....yeah it would be cool to tune cars which ARE even race modified(and thus tuned-up to a maximum level)and are tuned of course!!!;>
....but a GT-One or 787B with more speed(these cars are fast Without any tunind, too!)--->that would mean MORE DOWNFORCE so u would have to make the GT-One´s rear wing BIGGER or what?....yeah tuning race cars might be cool but not realsitic...

GT-One Lover
in GT2 u could tune the GT-One´s engine up to 975hp, but this was the "road" car---with no difference in contrast to the race car except the painting!
....yeah it would be cool to tune cars which ARE even race modified(and thus tuned-up to a maximum level)and are tuned of course!!!;>
....but a GT-One or 787B with more speed(these cars are fast Without any tunind, too!)--->that would mean MORE DOWNFORCE so u would have to make the GT-One´s rear wing BIGGER or what?....yeah tuning race cars might be cool but not realsitic...

you can adjust the down force with the same size wing. As they aren't already adjusted for full down force.

I usually leave the race cars stock for a while. I'll get a few different tires for them, and then set the suspension up to my liking. Then, I'll race them with some of their competition to see what its like. And thats fun, for a while. But, it gets to a point with me, that i get bored with them. Thats when I go into "Personal Time Attack Mode" with my cars. I just start taking all the fast cars to a certain track, and seeing what the absolute fastest lap I can pull is. Thats fun for me. Once you race so much in the game, you get bored with it a bit. Thats when I'll add all I can to every car, and just see what it'll do. I mean, if I want, I can just remove the Stage 4 and have it back to normal.

Hilg

I say put the HP option on race cars in there. In GT3 I would do the full tune but would not install the parts for racing at times to make it more challenging. Only time I really did the full tuning option was for straight line times at the test track or high speed runs. For the people who love mad horsepower, make it available. You don't HAVE to upgrade you know....

jake11375
You don't HAVE to upgrade you know....
Exactly. The more options the better, because they are just that, OPTIONS. If you want to, do it. If not, don't. But the more choices the better I say. It would be nice if they had a HP limit on the races again like in GT2. That way, you could tune your XXX car up to XXXXhp for having fun and what not. But, then when you wanted to actually clear some races, and have some competition, you had to lower it back to stock levels. That would make the racing better, but still leave you the option of fun.

Hilg

Back