Will we be seeing an offline custom single event/championship creator in GT6?

As a point of reference: How long did it take you to create this ONE page, and is it interactive... ?

Plus, can it access EVERY car in the game.

Maybe if we have some read THAT answer, they will understand a bit more of what Kaz/PD are up against.

Actually, a lot of that code is in use in the game now.

In the Garage, we can not only tune our car, but access almost every item in the Parts Shop, buy and install them.

When selecting events, we can access our Garage, and even get only those cars appropriate to the race listed. Then in the Event Menu, we can once again access the Parts Shop, buy and install most upgrades.

A lot of this work is already done. It just needs to be copied over and optimized to this new menu system, with the new code necessary to make it full featured. Of course it's that "full featured" stuff that's going to take work, but they did say we would definitely be getting something like this... eventually. It would be nice if "eventually" happened before GT7, but I'll take what I can get. ;)

Just think of the beautiful wagon/shooting brake series that could be created and raced at these tracks:

Trial Mtn
Spa
Rome
Brands. Hatch
Red Bull Ring

Qualifying + Standing Start

All sim options ON. Tuned so all cars are even on the straights.

Sports Hard or less for the player, Racing Med/Soft for the A.I.

All wagons welcome in this earth shaking battle.

Last edited:
... PD continues with their bittersweetness ... ("pitstop" without answers, redbull ring without 24h)
at this pace we'll have an answer for this question only at 2015.
...and if its meant to maintain this slow pace, any question takes so much time to be answered that not even the problem of "communication" as really been solved.

I stopped working on this since I last posted the pics but I finally finished it! I will make a post with more screens this week explaining the options you have, here are the screens:

COPY 0.png GENERAL SETTINGS 0.png GENERAL SETTINGS 1.png SAVE 0.png SAVE 1.png TRACK SELECTION.png

I almost forgot! the picture for the event is a GT5 photomode taken by GTPlanet user
The R!CE Guy I've found surfing on the net, sorry I didn't asked for permission to use it
if you have any problem with it tell me and I change the picture!

Last edited:
I stopped working on this since I last posted the pics but I finally finished it! I will make a post with more screens this week explaining the options you have, here are the screens:

View attachment 184918 View attachment 184920 View attachment 184922 View attachment 184924 View attachment 184925 View attachment 184926

I almost forgot! the picture for the event is a GT5 photomode taken by GTPlanet user
The R!CE Guy I've found surfing on the net, sorry I didn't asked for permission to use it
if you have any problem with it tell me and I change the picture!

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!!!! Where, how, why?

Please tell me this is real!

(lots of nice screens)
Boy oh boy, I wish you worked for Polyphony. The only other thing I can think of I'd want to see is a points assignment tool. Well, and one more, a Bot A.I. Tuning Tool, letting you adjust each one's skill and aggression, and possible other factors such as endurance.

Actually I was going to include a screen for bob, and it was going to have individual difficulty and you could choose the personality of the bot, just like GT5 B spec, here as one of the early screens when I started doing the UI, it's from last year and it is a little messy since I stopped working on it:

GENERATOR OLD BLUE 3.png

I made a looooot of different styles of for the UI, when I was almost finished (or so I tought) something new came, looking at the old screens i am really happy on how much I improved using photoshop.
What do you mean by point assignment tool?

I have no idea how coding works, I wanted to do an animation for the UI, with sounds, the buttons have three different states, one when you pose the cursor over them, one when you push them and when is pressed they have an inner glow, but as I said unfortunately I have no clue on how to do an animation nor how to implement it in the game.

Wow... you really have thought of everything! :D:tup:

What do you mean by point assignment tool?
I guess that wasn't very clear, sorry. By that I mean, determining the points won by position at race end. Like, suppose your "league" decides that there will be a 10 point spread, dropping by one point per position, 10, 9, 8, 7... to 1 for tenth place, and the rest get 0. 10 to 1 linear.

Others might want something with a bit more of a curve to it, so higher positions get more points, especially the winner, and last place still gets one point. So some use a 20 to 1 spread, or 30, 50 or 100 to 1, which is the most popular. You could select a heavy curve to highly favor podium finishes, a slight curve to make things more even, or a linear spread to make it very fair. The first might run like 100, 75, 60, 50, 45... the second, 100, 85, 70, 60... the linear one, 100, 95, 90...

Last edited:
Wow... you really have thought of everything! :D:tup:

I guess that wasn't very clear, sorry. By that I mean, determining the points won by position at race end. Like, suppose your "league" decides that there will be a 10 point spread, dropping by one point per position, 10, 9, 8, 7... to 1 for tenth place, and the rest get 0. 10 to 1 linear.

Others might want something with a bit more of a curve to it, so higher positions get more points, especially the winner, and last place still gets one point. So some use a 20 to 1 spread, or 30, 50 or 100 to 1, which is the most popular. You could select a heavy curve to highly favor podium finishes, a slight curve to make things more even, or a linear spread to make it very fair. The first might run like 100, 75, 60, 50, 45... the second, 100, 85, 70, 60... the linear one, 100, 95, 90...

That's a very good idea! If one day we get the event generator we could share events between players and ideas like this are very good to make events unique and stand out, by the way here is another style for the event generator, based on gt 1-2:

EG GT 1-2.png

While I still prefer the polished menu screens you designed above, I have to say that the orange and black motif of the earlier GTs is very nice. 👍

Mini Race Car Championship anyone?

Cars allowed:

Mazda Roadster Touring Car
Lotus Motor Sport Elise '99
Lotus Elise Race Car '96
Lotus Elise 111R Race Car '04
Lancia Stratos Rally Car '77
Toyota Superautobacs Apex MR-S '00
Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) Race Car '95
Honda Mugen Motul Civic Si '87

All tuned to the 500-530pp range. Sports Medium or less for the player(s), Racing Medium tires for the A.I. (A.I. Difficulty 10)

Tracks:

8 laps - SSR5 (Reverse)
6 laps - Brands Hatch GP Circuit (Afternoon, weather 50%)
5 laps - Suzuka (Morning, weather 30%)
11 laps- Autumn Ring (Evening, weather 30%)
7 laps - Apricot Hill (Night, Dry)
9 laps - Cote d'Azur
6 laps - Circuito di Roma (Reverse)
6 laps - Nurburgring GP/F (Evening, weather 20%)
4 laps - Ascari (Evening, Dry)
8 laps - Deep Forest (Reverse)

Practice - Qualifying - Race / Grid Starts / WTCC Points system

Tire wear / Fuel On, Slipstream Real, Grip off track Real, all damage On, Rubberbanding OFF.

$20k per win
Grand Prize: Honda S800 RSC Race Car '68 and $160k

Finally... No matter... I still don't understand how they do to give us that kind of stupid starting grids. Sort, is one of the first thing you learn at school... That's just woeful to see how they are using their brains.

Waiting for an offline custom single event/championship creator in GT6? Probably out of their minds. They live in another world/paradigm.

I stopped believing that they could meet our expectations, even the most obvious ones.

Finally... No matter... I still don't understand how they do to give us that kind of stupid starting grids. Sort, is one of the first thing you learn at school... That's just woeful to see how they are using their brains.

Waiting for an offline custom single event/championship creator in GT6? Probably out of their minds. They live in another world/paradigm.

I stopped believing that they could meet our expectations, even the most obvious ones.
The spread out starting grid if that's what you're referring to, is a function of the limitations of the PS3. It can't handle 16 cars in close proximity, especially premium cars, without massive frame rate drops. I believe it's also the reason why the grids in the game have cars with such wildly varied performance, to get them spread out so the PS3 doesn't have to render them all at once in close proximity on the track. As a result, you can't have custom races either because people would be trying to opt for standing starts with 15 other premium cars and the framerate would drop down into the teens most likely, then you'd have the internetz full of videos of the horrible frame rates, and people raging endlessly.

So they take the hit on the crappy game design for now, but expect most or all of this to be resolved on the PS4. PCars lead man Andy Tudor, said in an interview the other day that they'll have 55 cars on track at LeMans, and we're assuming he meant offline. Online probably much less.

I know that.. But in arcade mode you can only race against 9 IA cars.. So why? They can found varried perfomance cars in a same class. Sometimes that's just ridiculous.. Suzuki Escudo, Toyota 7, in the night, no headlight... Really?? :scared: Use the TS030, and race against few poor GT cars, Tajima (:banghead:), Chaparral 2J... And a UFO Toyota Minolta in the middle of nowhere.. :rolleyes: Scandalous...

In Offline carrier mode, we have races with full 15 GT3/GT500/GT300 AI cars.. So that is possible, even if the AI try to "clear the field".

I've been thinking about this the last day or so, and I would like to add a thought:

What if, after we finish an offline A-spec event, we could return to that event and modify it for our own interest?

I'm not sure it would work to turn a 2-lap beginner event into a 24 hour race, but it would be neat to change the competition, add some cars, add some levels to the AI, etc.

I'm not always good with coming up with my own layout for an event generator, so it would be extremely (!!!!) nice to have a starting point! :)

Another useful thing would be to have races where some cars will have delays on when they start (eg: a Corvette ZR1 will start 30 seconds after the lead car, a Corvette C1). This will mean that you can see how much of a headstart you would need to give to different cars on different tracks.

Also elimination of slower cars in cup events would make a fun competition.

A feature from a few other racing sims I enjoy is to make your own grid and car choice for the ultimate dream race or something to display the potential of one car versus another. A 16 car brawl, a duel, or maybe more creative car battles?

Example: In similar pp, will we see a well tuned Corvette beat it's new age rival: the Viper? This also opens to tuners, letting the mostly precise AI test their modified cars instead of super variable human hands.

And I don't think a stock vs stock car battle would interest much. I was thinking about the favorited cars being selected, along with the normal selection.

Just wondering if any plans are to be seen towards this. I am happy to see input being made on our voices.

EDIT: Hope you mods don't mind a few additions. I am aware of 'one question per topic', and looking underneath, the magic conch shell people have spoken, and how about more elaboration?

- An exemplary way of getting this in is within an Event Creator thread, quoted here. Credit goes to @Tenacious D for pointing it out, and @research for making it (simplified by a bit).

- Make us earn credits for attending it. If not, maybe adopt a betting system to select a car and get rewards for it's finish position, scaled with their grid location and the event's average PP amount?

- Maybe do some sort of community online sharing tool, so you can share your favorite races. But not without some limiting. It'd be too tiring to see the hundreds of Honda Civics or EVO VS STI tourneys possible. Have the community get a say on what goes where.

- Some would mention the PSP release of Gran Turismo having these as its career mode. It's a great concept, and that can be used as a base.

MOAR EDIT: @masterrugalm made a nice thread regarding how he envisions this to exist, and more. CHECK IT OUT!
This is amazing! I hope Kaz sees it...

I've been thinking about this the last day or so, and I would like to add a thought:

What if, after we finish an offline A-spec event, we could return to that event and modify it for our own interest?

I'm not sure it would work to turn a 2-lap beginner event into a 24 hour race, but it would be neat to change the competition, add some cars, add some levels to the AI, etc.

I'm not always good with coming up with my own layout for an event generator, so it would be extremely (!!!!) nice to have a starting point! :)
Or you could just have a dropdown list of races in the Career Mode, contained in the Event Generator, containing the basic parameters of the race, but with everything adjustable. I highly doubt the Career Mode would be made adjustable, it's not PD's style to give us that much flexibility.

Back