Will you accept GT7 without Sport Mode?

FUNanywhere

(Banned)
India
India
I know its early but well heard GT7 has started production or is planned. An early feedback is always great thus the thread.

So as the title says will you accept GT7 without Sport Mode?

Personally with all flaws of the penalty and SR system, my answer is No. I won't accept GT7 without a Sport Mode.

No matter what career mode you put in, its an AI only. Not as thrilling as Sport Mode races.

What are your thoughts?

With the current state of Sport Mode, It's a definite yes. Used to enjoy Sport Mode but lately the field has been toxic. Even in the B/S rating, I've been punted and rammed off the track in every race particularly the FIA ones.

Unless they come up with a better penalty system and implementing damage, I won't miss Sport Mode if it were not to return in GT7.

With the current state of Sport Mode, It's a definite yes. Used to enjoy Sport Mode but lately the field has been toxic. Even in the B/S rating, I've been punted and rammed off the track in every race particularly the FIA ones.

Unless they come up with a better penalty system and implementing damage, I won't miss Sport Mode if it were not to return in GT7.
I second this, sport has gotten pretty bad, the choices of Gr and tracks in dailies by PD isn't helping either.

"Sport Mode" was in GT6. It was the daily race and it will likely be in the next iteration as well.

Though, judging a game that will likely release three to four years from not on the features of the current game is immensely myopic. Would you have guess GTS would turn out like it has based on what GT6 offered?

I not only expect and welcome more Sport Mode, I hope they expand it in GTS rather than waiting for the next iteration, whatever it may be called.

It's so wierd? that been SrS since day two (easy to achieve) and gained Dr with about 300 Sportraces and never felt like there isn't real racing. Ofcourse some mistakes on others and myself too but usually fair and good fights.

Of course I do pay attention to avoid too tight situatations where troubles comes on track and still manage to win races too.

So GT Sport 2 for me too thank you.

I not only expect and welcome more Sport Mode, I hope they expand it in GTS rather than waiting for the next iteration, whatever it may be called.

What I'm waiting for.👍

The emphasis for GTS is the daily and FIA races but they need fine tuning and promoting drastically to get the numbers up. Only 6% being regulars makes it look (to me) like that mode is failing. I know it has its fans but there's 94% who'd disagree with them. The lack of choice has seen me leave them behind and I'm a huge fan of online racing.

If they double up on races, we'll probably see reduced grids for a while but the extra choice might lure other people in to fill them. They've got the game but need prodding in the right direction. It may even calm things down a little in the interim.

To the OP's question. Of course I'll buy and play it. If I have to load another game up for online racing though, I will.

Only 6% being regulars makes it look (to me) like that mode is failing. I know it has its fans but there's 94% who'd disagree with them.

I mean the vast majority of that 94% is either Level 1 or 2, so I don't think that percentage is quite a fair assessment.

If it has a track creator, livery editor, greater track selection, greater car selection (34 versions of the NA Miata is just one Miata, IMO, PD!), and some fun online modes like shuffle racing I'll buy it for sure. I'll buy it anyways because I've had every major release since 2, iirc.

I mean the vast majority of that 94% is either Level 1 or 2, so I don't think that percentage is quite a fair assessment.

If only 6% have done 20 races or more, it leaves a potential 94% left untapped and/or uninterested. If the sport mode's range was increased to try and get that interest, even a couple of percent more is a huge increase to the current player base.

For a supposed esport title, they need to work a lot more on getting some of those people involved.

As mentioned the amount of people who play Sport Mode is very low. If it's not in GT7 it won't be missed by the masses. In its current state I can live or without it.

Yes. I don't really care all that much for Sport Mode. I'm more of a chill guy who buys and tunes cars, and hangs out in Free Run lobbies with others. So yeah, I won't miss Sport Mode if GT7 was to launch without it.

If only 6% have done 20 races or more, it leaves a potential 94% left untapped and/or uninterested.

Right, my point is, look at the other statistics, look at the trophy completion statistics, you'll see that people aren't really playing the single player either:

Only 76% of players have won an offline or online race

Only 36.5% have hit Level 15, something which only takes around 5 hours of gameplay

Now for comparison, lets look at GT5:

Only 68.5% won a single A-Spec race

Only 46.7% got their National B licence, something that really didn't take much effort at all

The 6% statistic isn't out of people who actively play the game, because the vast majority of the players stop playing less than 5 hours in... forever.

Out of the active player base, I'd argue around a third or half are playing (maybe not enjoying, granted) sport mode. I would say that's a decent success.

Right, my point is

...and my point is...:P

When I bought the game, I struggled badly with the lack of grip but the game is now a totally different animal physics wise. Add in the offline races that people asked for, the extra cars and tracks, plus the news of a lot more to be added in the games lifetime. With that evolution, even if a small % of people who tried a race or stuck at it long enough to reach level 15 come back, the numbers could look a lot healthier overall.

They'll look at Sport Mode and see the same hit and miss selection of races when really, it should be the main aspect of the game and should receive the most attention. I don't care how they do it. Make it a lot more lucrative, increase the race choice, allow tuning, waive PS+, something! Make it attractive enough to get people trying it or at least tempt them more than they are now to try it in the future.

I know PD are happy. They've got the cash off a lot of people who will probably never play it again but if their idea is to push GTS as an esport title, they need to be ramming it down our throats to get the numbers up.

Let's not get hung up on 94%. I just want sport mode promoted more and possibly get some of those 94% looking at it again.

I haven`t played in sport mode, no interest, I just like driving about etc etc..So it`s fine by me, GT7 with no sport mode.. :)

You've got to be kidding!! It's the best part of the game, no better feeling than winning against real people. Just don't get too stressed when you get rammed off as it happens often. Pick yourself up, dust yourself down and get back on the track :-)

no better feeling than winning against real people

100% agree. After I "tasted" this, I can't motivate myself to play against KI. The good thing is, in SR=S rooms almost nobody rams you intentionaly its nearly always because of lack of knowing what the car does. And thats for me way less worse

I think (and this is just my opinion) the outcry at the beginning is going to be the reason sport mode will get little attention from now on, including the next full release.

I think (and this is just my opinion) the outcry at the beginning is going to be the reason sport mode will get little attention from now on

Yes I agree. In the beginning the races were always chaos. We needed to go through a learning process. Now the races are much more cleaner, but too many people turned their back to sports mode. At our local forum we organize race events, but except of this, I can't even motivate to lobby racing with "strangers". Because it's about nothing, there is nothing to lose, so for me there is no thrill. Other DR/A drivers in random lobbys are very rare, but in sportmode you are puted with those of your skill together and it's about losing DR, so thats for me way more adrenalin.
But I know of course, there are many guys who are ultimate fast and do not sport mode-racing (so they have DR/E) but lobby-racing. But their amount in % is low I assume, and so its very unlike to meet them in lobbys randomly

Latest Posts

Back