Will you DELETE your save and Restart you GT5 career?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TeddyBear-420
  • 41 comments
  • 5,248 views
Messages
1,473
Messages
Teddy_Bear-420
i was unhappy that i had every car over 1,000,000 cr. I have waited 5 years for this game. I felt like i abused the system & ruined my experiance. I had every car but i didnt earn them, so i felt nothing about any of them...all the cars 20 mil cr...but i wasnt proud i had them. I have just deleted my save to start over... this time no dupe, no free gifts,no cheating with over powered cars.

i think its the people like me that finished the game super fast do to exploits that complaim about nothing to do & not enough events. this is because I/ we dont need to do them to buy the cars because we got them for free.


My question do you feel good about your career in GT5?
 
Last edited:
i was unhappy that i had every car over 1,000,000 cr. I have waited 5 years for this game. I felt like i abused the system & ruined my experiance. I had every car but i didnt earn them, so i felt nothing about any of them...all the cars 20 mil cr...but i wasnt proud i had them. I have just deleted my save to start over... this time no dupe, no free gifts,no cheating with over powered cars.

i think its the people like me that finished the game super fast do to exploits that complaim about nothing to do & not enough events. this is because I/ we dont need to do them to buy the cars because we got them for free.


My question do you feel good about your career in GT5?

Doesn't apply to me. I finished all of A-spec other than a few endurance races (which I will do once you can save). I didn't use an over powered car for one single race. I also only have 3 B-spec races left, and Im finished with all of the special events.

I didn't start duping cars till after all of that. I didn't want to keep repeating races, and I just wanted to drive and tune all the races cars on different tracks. In order to do that, I still had quite a bit of credit grinding to do to get my funds up. And no, I didn't just do Indy over and over again either.

I myself am still content with just tuning and testing cars, racing online, and doing the seasonal events when they come around. Still wish that A-spec mode was much bigger though.

I think your biggest mistake was using over powered cars the whole way through A-spec.
 
I've actually bought all my cars myself (and almost started to cry when I realised how lame the P4 330 is after paying 20 mil for it), so no need for me to delete my save game! Phew.

Although I've duplicated some paints, so I should probably spend all those and repaint my cars with legally won paint chips if I want a clean conscience.
 
It appeared that I have started my career from scratch and I never often got any trades I expected. I been constantly grinding my levels where an X2010 is around the corner, I hope. You made it this far, why start over from scratch?!
 
Why not just start a new game on another PSN ID?
 
It appeared that I have started my career from scratch and I never often got any trades I expected. I been constantly grinding my levels where an X2010 is around the corner, I hope. You made it this far, why start over from scratch?!

i was lv 35 A-spec, lv 40 B-spec, all PSN trophies i can earn, i had cars that i didnt earn, i want to feel better about my garage.... 99% of my cars where free
 
Are you kidding me? I've gone to extreme measure to backup my system just to make sure I don't have to re-do all the time I've already put in.
I've actually bought all my cars myself (and almost started to cry when I realised how lame the P4 330 is after paying 20 mil for it), so no need for me to delete my save game! Phew.
Dude, you need to find a good tune for it. It's like my favorite car to drive now.
 
Why not just start a new game on another PSN ID?

i thought about that but.... i want to stay Teddy_Bear-420, i dont want to play on another account. but very good idea!!
 
I did delete my career and start again, but I had not got too far into it before realising that I was not proud of my skills but instead was spending too much time screwing about duping or blasting a-spec with overpowered cars.

Thankfully a big seasonal gave me the option to start again, buy a 20k car, win and progress to level 20 in 5 races with 1m in the bank. Then I could get stuck into A-spec with good cars but not overpowered. It is also making me far more selective about what cars I invest in. I am not aiming to own all 1000cars, just the 30 or 40 headline ones I love.

Am now progressing slowly but surely through, earning my new toys the hard way and loving every minute of it.

Not sure I would have had the guts to restart if I had got to level 35 or higher though!
 
Are you kidding me? I've gone to extreme measure to backup my system just to make sure I don't have to re-do all the time I've already put in.

Dude, you need to find a good tune for it. It's like my favorite car to drive now.

i loved that car.... but i didnt buy it, it was free..lol. this time i will take the time to tune it once i buy it for 20 mil cr
 
i was unhappy that i had every car over 1,000,000 cr. I have waited 5 years for this game. I felt like i abused the system & ruined my experiance. I had every car but i didnt earn them, so i felt nothing about any of them...all the cars 20 mil cr...but i wasnt proud i had them. I have just deleted my save to start over... this time no dupe, no free gifts,no cheating with over powered cars.

i think its the people like me that finished the game super fast do to exploits that complaim about nothing to do & not enough events. this is because I/ we dont need to do them to buy the cars because we got them for free.


My question do you feel good about your career in GT5?

Yes I feel good about my career, I finished both A and B spec, except for Nürburgring 24h endurance A-spec that requires me level 40 to do it, I'm planning for it this week end though. I got all cars and I traded around 20 times especially for last cars i was looking for, it was such a pain to find and buy them - opening UCD and all showed was cars i already got - but I will restart all the game with my 2nd account, won't delete my save in my main account, proud to keep it where it is and finishing it 100% soon. 👍
 
Are you kidding me? I've gone to extreme measure to backup my system just to make sure I don't have to re-do all the time I've already put in.

Dude, you need to find a good tune for it. It's like my favorite car to drive now.

Huh... I was told somewhere else NOT to tune it because I'd just be ruining it. So mine is untuned. Maybe I should try it out again, do you have any good tuning tips?
 
Huh... I was told somewhere else NOT to tune it because I'd just be ruining it. So mine is untuned. Maybe I should try it out again, do you have any good tuning tips?

sports package...

-Weight stage 1/ 2 if i want more( this cant be undone)
-Engine Stage 1/ 2 if i want more( this cant be undone)
-Sport ECU
-Sports Intake Manifold
-Sports Air filter
-Sports Exhaust
-Sports Exhaust Manifold
-Catalytic Converter: Sports
-Fully custom Transmission( set to top speed reached on track)
-Single Plate Clutch
-Sports Flywheel
-Carbon Propeller Shaft
-LSD ( important if you understand how to set it to tracks & help fight under/over steer.
-Fixed Sport Suspension
- Sport med/soft tires
 
A friend of mine has done the exact same thing use you, he wiped all his Gt5 game play for the same reason as your self, he didn't have all the cars etc but he did have most, but like you he did not really relate to them because he did not earn them if he wanted a car mates of his would just copy and send it to him job done he flew through the game this way but then started to feel no achievement and like I say the cars in his garage meant nothing to him, now he has started over he can see the other side of playing Gt5

But Im happy with my progress, im not that far through it really, but that said I only use the right cars for the races IE power/bhp/weight/tyres to match the AIs and I buy cars as and when I can afford them through game play , Im saving at the moment for the M3 GTR Race , I`ll get there in the end I enjoy playing the game so to me it makes no odds when I finish it or when I buy my cars I`ll get them in the end :)

But we all do things in different ways 👍
 
i thought about that but.... i want to stay Teddy_Bear-420, i dont want to play on another account. but very good idea!!

Teddy_Bear-420a is probably still available.

Yeah, I wouldn't delete my first save. I started a 2nd account just to play the game differently, and that's the best way to go IMO...unless you can't trust yourself not to gift cars between the accounts! I do a bit of that, but not much. I use my first account as my car collecting account, and don't worry about spending my credits for cars I want to buy. I use the 2nd account to save up for the expensive cars I want and to re-run the races with more of a challenge, trying different lower powered cars.

^This is the right way to do it, so everyone should do it like I do.:cool:
 
Teddy_Bear-420a is probably still available.

Yeah, I wouldn't delete my first save. I started a 2nd account just to play the game differently, and that's the best way to go IMO...unless you can't trust yourself not to gift cars between the accounts! I do a bit of that, but not much. I use my first account as my car collecting account, and don't worry about spending my credits for cars I want to buy. I use the 2nd account to save up for the expensive cars I want and to re-run the races with more of a challenge, trying different lower powered cars.

^This is the right way to do it, so everyone should do it like I do.:cool:

Im now Teddy_Bear-STIG...
 
I can say most of the cars ive got ive been gifted but i dont dupe so ive lost cars that i wish i could have back now :( just have to grind for them again i guess
 
And you kept your original account? Now, don't be tempted to gift that 787B over to your new account to complete the Clubman Cup!

If you haven't already bought the first car, I recommend buying the Cappucino (the one that can be RM'd). Then, you can RM it later in your career. It's fun to beat the much bigger, more powerful cars with that one.
 
The only car I have that I didn't earn is the RedBull X2010. That was my one and only trade (I gave a Merc Touring Car for it, which I have recently bought back from the online dealer).

I can't drive the X2010 (I don't have quick enough reactions!!) except when I grind Like The Wind for cash. I don't feel bad about doing that.... it just saves a bit of time. I would win easily anyway in cars I have earned, like the Bentley 8.

I do use it on BSpec where I can, but B Spec isn't really about grooming drivers for me.... it's about earning cash!

In some races, like the Ring on GT Allstars, I have used "overpowered" cars that whoop the opposition. It was either that or get stuck at the level and become frustrated.

In short, I don't think the occasional "cheat" is a bad thing if it helps you continue to enjoy the game.
 
Well, as was the case with GT3 and GT4, I'll eventually start over on GT5. However, it won't be to reasons such as yours.
 
I started trading when I reached level 28 A-spec and with the exception of the F2007, I have traded for cars I wanted to own rather than ones I needed to complete an event. All my trophies (accept for the Ferrari seasonal) have therefore been golded with cars I won as prizes or bought.

I have not traded for the x2010 as this is something I really only want to have if I have earnt it. Once (or if) I manage to gold it (and the trade limit is not in place) I will consider trading for different colours, but that will be it.

I am not trying to preach as I honestly think it is up to each individual to decide how they want to play and progress so they get what they want out of the game, but for me I felt that trading for cars I wanted to own that I could not afford (without grinding) or never come up in my UCD cheated no one, but trading for cars I had not earnt (x2010) or just to gold an A-spec event would be cheating myself.

As a result, I am happy with my progress and with my garage even if I have acquired approximate 20 cars for free so I have no intention of deleting my save.
 
i think its the people like me that finished the game super fast do to exploits that complaim about nothing to do & not enough events. this is because I/ we dont need to do them to buy the cars because we got them for free.

I haven't duped a thing, not even paint. I haven't used insanely overpowered cars or anything, and I've finished just about everything except the A spec enduros. The game is just too easy and short regardless of how you play it. If I were to dupe, exploit, etc it would be to get some cars to use in time trials, having fun, or online, not to make the main game easier.
 
I love my game. I am lvl. 35 and when I come home from work my beloved Bob should have reached lvl. 35 and I get my most wanted x1. I have never traded og duped a car, and my garage is about 200 cars.

So I am proud of my game. Its been a lot of fun:-)
 
Huh... I was told somewhere else NOT to tune it because I'd just be ruining it. So mine is untuned. Maybe I should try it out again, do you have any good tuning tips?
True, don't go adding turbos, reducing weight, or that other nonsense. Just adjust the things that are included in the car (suspension, LSD, transmission, brakes).

Try one of these tunes. I think it's what I used for mine. Car is fantastic.
 
i was unhappy that i had every car over 1,000,000 cr. I have waited 5 years for this game. I felt like i abused the system & ruined my experiance. I had every car but i didnt earn them, so i felt nothing about any of them...all the cars 20 mil cr...but i wasnt proud i had them. I have just deleted my save to start over... this time no dupe, no free gifts,no cheating with over powered cars.

i think its the people like me that finished the game super fast do to exploits that complaim about nothing to do & not enough events. this is because I/ we dont need to do them to buy the cars because we got them for free.


My question do you feel good about your career in GT5?

I'm level 31 A-spec, 29 B-spec. I got together very early with a group of like minded individuals and we pretty much had a factory level production of duped cars running. I have about 450 cars. The rest probably a similar number. We didn't trade. We simply gave out cars to each other like candy and pooled our resources to help each other.

I have absolutely NO remorse what so ever. And I would do it all again. There is no such thing for me as 'earning' ANYTHING in a video game. I look at GT5 as a racing sim and not as an RPG.

And for me, the game is only JUST beginning and I suspect I'll be playing it for a long time. Because for me the goal of the game is NOT to get to level whatever or to buy an X1 or see whatever 'movie' is waiting at the end. For us, it's all about racing online. And now we have the cars to do it. In fact, we're only really scratching the surface of our organized league events. I could care less about A-spec or having a career or earning credits or XP. My 'career' is racing online. And the time I spend doing it.

I've done all the license tests. I do the seasonal events. I've done most A-spec events. And I won't repeat them. Offline for me, with the current state of the AI holds little appeal and is pretty much dead. I really wouldn't care if PD introduced more off-line events because it's not how I play the game. But it would be nice to have more tracks through DLC. However, the track editor does have interesting possibilities.
 
Back