Will you DELETE your save and Restart you GT5 career?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TeddyBear-420
  • 41 comments
  • 5,248 views
I'm level 31 A-spec, 29 B-spec. I got together very early with a group of like minded individuals and we pretty much had a factory level production of duped cars running. I have about 450 cars. The rest probably a similar number. We didn't trade. We simply gave out cars to each other like candy and pooled our resources to help each other.

I have absolutely NO remorse what so ever. And I would do it all again. There is no such thing for me as 'earning' ANYTHING in a video game. I look at GT5 as a racing sim and not as an RPG.

And for me, the game is only JUST beginning and I suspect I'll be playing it for a long time. Because for me the goal of the game is NOT to get to level whatever or to buy an X1 or see whatever 'movie' is waiting at the end. For us, it's all about racing online. And now we have the cars to do it. In fact, we're only really scratching the surface of our organized league events. I could care less about A-spec or having a career or earning credits or XP. My 'career' is racing online. And the time I spend doing it.

I've done all the license tests. I do the seasonal events. I've done most A-spec events. And I won't repeat them. Offline for me, with the current state of the AI holds little appeal and is pretty much dead. I really wouldn't care if PD introduced more off-line events because it's not how I play the game. But it would be nice to have more tracks through DLC. However, the track editor does have interesting possibilities.

This is a great example of playing the game the way YOU want to. The game can be played many different ways, none are right or wrong, and that's a good thing.

I've never played online, traded or duped. I enjoy playing the game MY way and I'm happy other's have the opportunity to play it any way they want.

Just have fun. If you don't in GT5, play a different game...or better yet, go play outside!
 
let me just say im having a better play through then when i first bought the game... i now appreciate my cars.... i excitement is back
 
Yeah, I wouldn't delete my first save. I started a 2nd account just to play the game differently, and that's the best way to go IMO...
Yeah, this method works for me, too. One account is 31/31, the other is 27/21. They don't share cars, because I like the way a game develops, and an outside car suddenly being dropped into my garage changes the development. So last night, both accounts bought the red Furai. Stupid, I know. lol

Both of these games I leave the cars pretty stock, but I think the next game I start, I'll use lesser cars with more parts added.


This is a great example of playing the game the way YOU want to. The game can be played many different ways, none are right or wrong, and that's a good thing.
Totally agree. This game was built to be enjoyed in a lot of different ways. The way he plays isn't the way I play at all, but it's awesome that we can choose a way that suits us. And when I decide one day that I want to try the game his way, I know who to ask for advice.
 
Last edited:
No, I not gonna delete it. There are too many of time invested. start a new account is the only option if I have what you feel.

I'm aspec-34, bspec-38. I am boring with the event but not the driving. There are so many car to drive. I'm now still trying to collect all the car available. I dupe or trade for all the 7 figure price tag car while the rest I buy it.

F2007 is the 1st and only expensive car I buy in the game. But regret after just found out it can't be use to compete with other car. then I trade it for X2010 but it was a scam. I lost the hard earn F2007 just like that. after that i just learn thing like back up save or the so call 'duping'.
 
Never will I delete my save. The only time I'll start over is if something happens that caused my save, and the three back ups I have for it, to disappear. And that is extremely unlikely. Yeah, I duped a lot but I waited too long for many of my favorite cars to show up in the UCD to start over again. I haven't even gotten all of my favorites yet. There is no way I'm doing it again at my own will. 👎
 
I only do the rubberband grind, cause always being on small money is my only issue with gt5. My cars all come directly from the dealers, and I love every one of them. No, I think I wouldn´t start all over again. Mainly because done golding the Vettel challenges in 4-5 days, but costed me 5 years of my life :D
 
Why not just start a new game on another PSN ID?

This is me, ha ha. Right now I've got like eight different games, each with its own PSN ID. Yea, I'd say this is good advice for the OP. Don't get rid of your game, just start a new one under a different ID. PS3 supports 16 different IDs.
 
Tell me why should i do that, when i have all the cars and 99% completed, im not stupid
 
I have been 'honest' in my GT5 career -- no cheating, no duping, no rubber bands or keyboards -- but does that make me feel any better about it? I really can't say either way because I have only done the career once, in one way. But based on your opening post, I probably should feel good about it. A friend loaned me the F'07 Ferrari for some seasonal events and just after sending it back, I learned about duping. At the time I said "D'OH!" but now I feel it worked out the way it should have. Bob is grinding credits for me in the Formula GT but that's not cheating, it's just a very selfish and abusive relationship. :sly:
 
I had the exact opposite experience. Because I was so strapped for cash when I first started playing, I never wanted to spend money to downgrade, and as a result won too many races with the same overpowered cars. In my case, MORE cars and MORE cash would have made for a more challenging first playthrough.

I've started 2nd accounts since then to play through in different ways though.

The problem isn't too easy access to cars, it's the lack of A-Spec race restrictions.
 
Yup! I did it last night.





I just wish it had been on purpose. :(
 
Back