Will you fix the incorrect top speed physics?

• Thread starter YZF
  • 61 comments

YZF

Lithuania
Lithuania
YZF_LT
High powered cars are doing 30-50 km/h higher top speeds than they should (compared to reality and GT5). This is totally unrealistic!

Are you aware of this issue and do you plan to fix it?

Thanks

Update with evidence, latest game version 1.15

Mercedes Benz SL55AMG (default settings, stock)

GT5_GT6_SL55_AMG.jpg

Ferrari Enzo (default settings, stock, except transmission*)

GT5_GT6_Enzo.jpg

*As the stock transmission was hitting rev limitter, i added longer gears (only), for both cars.

Vanquish_GT5_vs_GT6.jpg

More tests: GT5 vs GT5 tuned vs GT6:

Top_Speed_GT5_GT6.jpg

"640 HP Enzo in GT6 has the same top speed as 920 HP Enzo in GT5"

More stuff:

GT5_GT6_Real_Life_Vanquish.jpg

Audi_R8_V10_BMW_M5.jpg

Corvette_ZR1_Ferrari_612.jpg

Ford_GT_Ferrari_458.jpg

Gallardo_560_Honda_NSXR.jpg

Mclaren_MP4_12_C_Murcielago_670.jpg

And some real life footage.

Enzo

Sl55AMG

UPDATE WITH MORE DATA:

Not only top speeds, but higher speed acceleration is inaccurate as well (which influences top speeds, ofcourse). Testing acceleration from 200km/h (125mph) to 300 km/h (185 mph):

Mercedes SLS AMG

0-100 kph: 3.8 sec -vs- 3.9 sec (real life)
0-200 kph: 11.3 sec -vs- 11.7 sec (real life)
0-300 kph: 28.0 sec -sv- 42.2 sec (real life)

Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SV

0-100 kph: 3.5 sec -vs- 3.2 sec (real life)
0-200 kph: 10.4 sec -vs- 10.3 sec (real life)
0-300 kph: 24.3 sec -vs- 29.7 sec (real life)

Corvette ZR1

0-100 kph: 3.9 sec -vs- 4.0 sec (real life)
0-200 kph: 10.3 sec -vs- 11.5 sec (real life)
0-300 kph: 23.8 sec -vs- 35.4 sec (real life)

Lexus LFA

0-100 kph: 4.0 sec -vs- 4.1 sec (real life)
0-200 kph: 11.2 sec -vs- 12.0 sec (real life)
0-300 kph: 26.3 sec -vs- 50.6 sec (real life)

More info and sources on this thread:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/example-of-motec-data-analysis.320038/page-2#post-10251168

Last edited:
Today the new 1.09 patch was released with some 'physics changes'. Unfortunately the top speed issue was not fixed.

As the guys, who voted for Camber issue, finally got the fix, maybe they could give some 'Likes' for this issue to be fixed as well? :) We need more exposure here..

I have added some screenshots with direct comparison to the first post.

I have managed to find SL 55 AMG top speed from real life. Added to first post. You can clearly see that GT5 is within the 'acceptable range', however GT6 is way off.

YZF
Today the new 1.09 patch was released with some 'physics changes'. Unfortunately the top speed issue was not fixed.

They did note that the top speed of FR's were adjusted, are those any better? I haven't tested it myself.

Wasn't it in the update notes? I read that too somewhere

Quote from the news post:

Adjustments to the physics simulation model
The physics simulation model of “Gran Turismo 6” has been updated with the following changes:

• The dynamics of the car on surfaces with cornerstones and bumps have been improved
  • The effect of the tyre geometry has been changed (mainly for the “Camber Angle” option)
  • The handling of some rear heavy cars has been improved;

That's all regarding the physics update...

I found it...It's in here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-update-1-09-undocumented-changes-in-op.311572/

I'm not sure how accurate that is...anyone?

Those undocumented changes aren't reliable... the screenshots in the first post where added after 1.09 update, and you can see that this is way off as it was before. SL55AMG is an FR car, and it still does unrealistic 360+ with stock transmission and ~370km/h with updated transmission. So no, not fixed....unfortunately

Yes, indeed. I wonder if they know it and can't fix it easily or if they don't even have a clue what's going on... ?

(PD could say something to it's fans instead of sitting silently without any word)

If it's a matter of physics engine, this would require certain tweaks to the numbers and pretty much it. I would guess..

Last edited:
I hate to see racing car with max down-force being faster on Monza or Spa
tracks being known for low to medium down-force setups

maybe every thing is linked on road and race cars
aerodynamics seems to have an effect vertically (from top to bottom)
but not horizontaly (from front to rear)

I have to say this really kinda has been ruining the game for me. I still want to fire GT5 up some times instead of this. I mostly race stock cars and the cars mostly affected by this are in my favorite class to race. All the new corvettes, the mercede's, and most other 450-650hp cars are hitting well over 215 mph. Most high hp cars go much faster at higher speeds in this game than in previous GT games (more like any game) and in real life. High speed tracks like le mans or ssrx are much easier with these cars .

Im fairly sure the last time I drove the MacLaren F1 road car it Vmax'd at about 210mph, which is a car proven to do near 240mph IRL. And the gear ratios where all wrong too. Correct me if im wrong with that though, it was quite a while ago!

I think the game has gotten downforce mixed up with drag. Fitting a flat floor will in many cases increase downforce, but it will also SIGNIFICANTLY reduce drag, especially on a car not fitted with undertrays, yet if you fit a flat floor to a car your seemingly limited to 186mph or 300kph. But if you have no aero fitted whatsoever, your only speed limit is how much gear your car can pull, as opposed to aerodynamic drag.

Flat floors DO create drag..... But, yeah, the new aero model is rather interesting. We shall see.

It varies car to car. A car without a complete undertray will benefit from a flat floor/diffuser and will decrease drag, as an open rear bumper will often act like a parachute, and all of the parts underneath the car will create turbulence. A car that has undertrays and effectively already has a flat floor but then has a diffuser fitted will more than likely create more drag. The drag that the 'flat floors' on this game create is over exaggerated though.

But, yeah, the new aero model is rather interesting. We shall see.

Interesting? I would just say - unrealistic. That's all...

If GT6 was just a racing game - then it may be 'ok', but as it touts as 'the real driving simulator', I think this is a serious flaw

:)

the top speed physics I'd like implemented, is a 100x tighter wheel , and can't change direction like I do at 40km/hr, when travelling at near top speeds

Back