Will you go to XBone if Standard cars are officially announced for GT7?

• Thread starter Fat Tyre
  • 414 comments

Will you go to XBone if Standard cars are officially announced for GT7?

• Yes, I had enough of PD. This way I can play Forza and Pcars.

Votes: 29 8.8%
  • No, I am still loyal to Sony. I'll get a PS4 and play Pcars.

Votes: 43 13.0%
  • No, I don't care about Standard cars being in the game. I love GT, will still get GT7 regardless.

Votes: 214 64.7%
  • I would love to go XBone for Forza but its lower performance compared to PS4 is holding me back.

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • No more consoles for me, I will only play on PC from now on.

Votes: 37 11.2%

• Total voters
mhhuwu7.jpg

:lol: Still looks funny to see this in a 2013 game.

I´ll buy a PS4 when I´m buying next gen. And probably pick up GT7. I´m not buing a new console because of one game. Feel that PS4 is better suited for me than the Xbox-one.

"Will you go to XBone if Standard cars are officially announced for GT7?"

I already bought a One for Forza in November. I don't have to be limited to one franchise, though. I played FM2, FM3, FM4, and Horizon on 360 as well as GT5 on PS3. I didn't get around to GT6, however, because I wouldn't mind playing it but GT is too underwhelming to care. If PD can't dramatically change things to improve the series for GT7, I probably won't care for that either. They can more or less keep the physics, but pretty much everything else needs to be a dramatic departure from the dull, uninspired mediocrity of Gran Turismo, and outdated car models are utterly unacceptable; no two ways about it.

I'm not really grasping how the two concepts are even related. I mean, I get the "Either GT or Forza" choiced being forced for this hypothetical, but just because I'm probably fed up with PD's nonsense doesn't mean I'm not going to buy the console the next game would be on; nor does PD screwing up mean that I'm automatically in love with everything Microsoft/Turn 10 are doing and the system they are doing it on.

GT is (or was, at least) an important reason for me to choose Sony systems in the past (the PS3 over the 360, for example), but it wasn't even in the Top 5 so the loss isn't too great.

There is no "No, I pledge no loyal allegiance to any" or "I will own both regardless" options, so I made no choice.

For me, no. From what I've experienced of both series, like much in this world, they both have their +/-. While I'm no fan of the the standards in the GT series nowadays, GT still has things that I enjoy about it. Right now, I'm on the bench watching these two series evolve for better or for worse.

The standard cars wouldn't completely put me off, if the rest of the game is great and a step forward from GT6, with plenty of new Premium cars I would still love to get it.

But I want an Xbox One regardless. The only thing stopping me right now is the price and lack of games, I'd rather hang on until at least FH2 is out. As for GT7, it probably won't be out for at least another year so won't worry about the PS4 for now.

:lol: Still looks funny to see this in a 2013 game.

No it's just downright disrespectful and depressing if anything :( and yet people are still :bowdown: to a future game that will include it only on :gtpflag:

I understand that some people will play the game even if standards are there, but again it's like taking a Ferrari paying for it brand new fresh off the lot someone just puts mud all over it.

That's how much I feel PD is insulting me. Give me 600-800 cars. Spread evenly across all brands like Lambo having 20, Ferrari 20, Ford 20, etc etc.

Wow, these answers are very specific.

I don't like Forza and I'm becoming increasingly disillusioned with PD. If standard cars are in GT7, I won't buy it. That said, I already own a PS4. I wouldn't say I'm "loyal to Sony" at all, but I still bought one. In the past I bought PlayStations because of Gran Turismo. This time, I bought one because I liked the hardware more than the competition. There is only one game company I'm loyal to (look at the avatar for a clue).

This question is a hanging curve, especially in a place that isn't as fed up with Standard cars as some people hope.

I'll just get a PS4, if GT7 is good enough I'll go for it regardless of standard cars. I'll get PCars or whatever piques my interest. The world isn't black and white.

Can you add another option please?

I will not xbone due to lack of support for my current steering wheel
At this point, neither Sony nor MS really has anything to brag about in the wheel support department do they?

At this point, neither Sony nor MS really has anything to brag about in the wheel support department do they?

I did read somewhere that PS4 games are able to add support for wheels, and that Drive club will be doing that. . Nothing confirmed until it happens though.

I did read somewhere that PS4 games are able to add support for wheels, and that Drive club will be doing that. . Nothing confirmed until it happens though.
At the moment the only PS4 supported wheel is the Thrustmaster T80, available in a standard and a DriveClub edition. Force feedback is provided by:

supp_bungee_cords.jpg

At the moment the only PS4 supported wheel is the Thrustmaster T80, available in a standard and a DriveClub edition. Force feedback is provided by:

supp_bungee_cords.jpg
Thy stole them from the MadCatz wheel that went so well with Vrally

Buying an XBONE is the most unreasonable waste of money you could imagene.
Only Iphone made of gold could become bigger waste.

I love GT series,and there's no better racing game in the world.
Honestly,forza 5 for the "next gen" can't beat GT5.
The only reason it looks interesting,is that because it's the same forza 4,but because of XBONE they can math more polygons.

Standart cars,what's bad about this?
I think it's not very important part of the game.
Game should be enjoyable first:)👍

The only reason it looks interesting,is that because it's the same forza 4,but because of XBONE they can math more polygons.

Fanboy much? :lol:

Well, i'll be getting an Xboner in November, I have no choice, the Halo Master Chief Collection comes out in November so as usual I will end up owning both next gen consoles. Deffo sticking with GT, PD has always managed to raise the bar when moving to a next gen platform, I expect no less for GT7. We have no idea how the standard cars are going to be intergrated . I think the worry is if there is a big hike in graphical fidelity ( which there should be ) how can they possibly drop in the untouched standards? I really think all the standards will be touched up like the remastered standards in GT6, there really is no other option.

You do realize that staying on one console for one game is silly, right? I don't know how people can stick to that when theres so many great games out there. Why not be part of both worlds, that's what me and probably others are doing.

OK this is simple really. I am just wondering how many people were going to wait for GT7 to be released to get a PS4 and now are considering going XBone since Standard cars are likely to be featured in GT7.

Yes I know I could have gone with a simple Yes/ No type answer but there are so many variables...:)
Put me down for unlisted option:
Wii U and PC
:lol::rolleyes:

You do realize that staying on one console for one game is silly, right? I don't know how people can stick to that when theres so many great games out there. Why not be part of both worlds, that's what me and probably others are doing.
Yeah,i do,and i'm just telling my opinion here.:lol:
PS4 has sweet and awesome titles i'm interested in,XBONE hasn't,I was looking trough it's games,and even played forza 5 a little...nothing interesting for ME.

Yeah,i do,and i'm just telling my opinion here.:lol:
PS4 has sweet and awesome titles i'm interested in,XBONE hasn't,I was looking trough it's games,and even played forza 5 a little...nothing interesting for ME.
Okay, so it looks like you and I will be in the same book when I say this, but opposite. :sly: In opinion, Sony's games aren't in any interest to me either, even DriveClub. pCARS is all I need for PS4.

In regard to racers, I'm riding a lot on pCARS since it will be the only sim on Wii U.

People's opinions on it seem to suggest I will be okay. :D

Where's the "I'll inevitably own both consoles" option? Game series aren't wives - I'm not pledging undying allegiance to any.

Latest Posts

Back