Will you still play GTPSP after GT5 comes out?

• Thread starter 200MphFord
  • 57 comments
Thisguy70
Simple question which demands a simple answer. I know when i get GT5 the first thing I'll do is tranfer all my cars from GTPSP to GT5 so i can run the Ford GT and GT40 around Le Mans til the universe ends and time ceases to exist. What about the rest of you? When do you think you will need a break from GT5's supposed awesomeness and pick up GTPSP again?

Only when I'm on the move and/or on holiday without my PS3. Oh, and when I'm missing some of the great tracks that doesn't make the cut (Citta, Amalfi, NY, Cathedral, old Chamonix, et al) :grumpy:

I just got back into playing GTPSP this weekend in prep for GT5 release, if im on the go to uni or work or something, i will probably whip out the PSP and go for a whirl on Suzuka, or Nurburgring

^^Not possible.

I will, only when I'm on the go, and GT5 will be out of reach.

I'm definitely done with ad hoc party though. We'll just play in GT5 instead.

^^Not possible.

I will, only when I'm on the go, and GT5 will be out of reach.

I'm definitely done with ad hoc party though. We'll just play in GT5 instead.

That stinks. Guess like the dual shock motion controller, remote play is just another market gimmick that Sony doesn't follow through with. :grumpy:

I'm pretty sure Remote Play was just for media?

Anyways, I'll still be playing time-to-time. I have long bus rides to and from college.

Yeah i figured most people would be playing on the go. The only thing i enjoy in GTPSP is Time Trials. I love trying to beat my previous times.

I find of course it will be fun for a while, but GT5 has a simulation mode. So, that rubs it in GT PSP's face.

Just to clarify - any jailbroken PS3 can play games on a PSP via a little editing of the PARAM.SFO and using Remote Play. It's actually quite simple, but a DS3 would be way better to use as a controller than the PSP. Honestly, it's mainly a gimmick to play PS3 games on a PSP.

I'll still play GTPSP, mainly because it's still such a nice game. I'll mainly be working on giving myself a large enough car collection full of my best cars to justify being able to transfer it to GT5.

However, I do not possess a PS3. So, I will patiently and diligently wait until December 25th (Christmas) or June 19th (my birthday) to recieve my PS3, then go gran GT5. Until then, I rely on gameplay videos.

I will on long car rides, vacations, or when I'm at my mom's house.
But I probably won't, and I'll find something else to do. I've easily been around the Test Course 1,000 times (NO JOKE!). I think it's a good game, but I've literally played the crap out of it.

Still gonna play GTPSP. Still playing GTPSP. I'm waiting for the GT5 prices to go down here in the Philippines. I don't want to pay around 3 grand for a game. (Convert to your own currency lol)

I still play when away from home. I am not longer grinding for credits to get those last 30 non-sharable expensive cars in all colors. But I still enjoy picking a car I have not raced (much) and taking it for a lap or 2 around the Ring.

I still play it too.

Attacking the Nordschleife is still a good timewaster.

No doubt about it 👍
Driving in GTPSP while you travel, with a route that shake you aaaaaall the time is the most impressive feel you can get in the Ring... in a place so distant like mine :).

A big hug.

Eager Snake.

I think the whole point of GTPSP was for all the reasons people are still playing it, myself included. PD knows that we don't have all the time in the world to stay home and play GT5 all day, they do know though, that there is plenty of time between work and home, on holidays, while people are out and about in general. I myself play GTPSP on the train to and from work, simply because its fun and the best racing sim on a handheld ever!

I'm not going to be playing GTPSP a lot if i get the ps3 and GT5 for christmas. Well simply because i just cant find any cars that i like and don't have already. And also i miss that tuning you can't do in the GTPSP. And finally it's not so grat feeling driving without the steering wheel. Though i have to admitt it's still great fun driving the formula 1 cars as scenery goes past very quickly and you couldn't watch it anyway as you need to concentrate on the driving.:dopey:

Back