Win a Trip to the NISMO Festival in Japan with GT Sport's FIA Championship

Is there an ulterior motive in this, Nissan looking for drivers to recruit?

Is there an ulterior motive in this, Nissan looking for drivers to recruit?

This always been how it worked since GT Academy as I remember with Nissan being the main partner/sponsorship. Just look at Lucas, Jann and other GT Academy winners until now they are still intact and closely related with Nissan and drive for Nismo racing team. I guess this is actually GT Academy but now it is called GT Sport Cup instead.

This always been how it worked since GT Academy as I remember with Nissan being the main partner/sponsorship. Just look at Lucas, Jann and other GT Academy winners until now they are still intact and closely related with Nissan and drive for Nismo racing team. I guess this is actually GT Academy but now it is called GT Sport Cup instead.
That i know, was thinking more towards pure e-sports. But nonetheless they are both successful in motorsport now.

This is not GT Academy. Also, all previous GT Academy winners aren't necessarily tied to Nissan anymore, even the very fast ones. This is just what you read there : free trips, Nissan merchandising and meeting people.

The Nissan GT Sport Cup Europe competition takes the top 12 Nissan drivers in Europe from June, July and August and brings them to the final round of the Blancpain GT Series Endurance Cup in Barcelona in September.

The 36 gamers and an additional 12 last-chance qualifiers, who can qualify on-site at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, will compete in the ultimate Nissan-powered PlayStation Gran Turismo Sport battle.

09:33

Looks like it will be streamed on Nismo TV. September 28th-30th.

This is June, July and August next year, right? Because if not, there's no point in announcing this (from Nissan side) after the fact.

This is June, July and August next year, right? Because if not, there's no point in announcing this (from Nissan side) after the fact.

The ad is for the event on September 29 at Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya.
There will be 12 wildcard entries available for people who attend the competition during the Blancpain GT Series Endurance Cup final round

The ad is for the event on September 29 at Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya.
There will be 12 wildcard entries available for people who attend the competition during the Blancpain GT Series Endurance Cup final round

But it says:

"Here, you’ve got a little more leeway: in June, July, and August, the top 12 Nissan drivers across Europe will all qualify. That’s 36 spots available, and all 36 will head to the final round of the Blancpain GT Series Endurance Cup in Barcelona in September."

If it's this month, and the article refers to the past June, July and August, people are already decided and qualified. It's not up for grabs if it's in the past.

Last edited:
But it says:

"Here, you’ve got a little more leeway: in June, July, and August, the top 12 Nissan drivers across Europe will all qualify. That’s 36 spots available, and all 36 will head to the final round of the Blancpain GT Series Endurance Cup in Barcelona in September."

If it's this month, and the article refers to the past June, July and August, people are already decided and qualified. It's not up for grabs if it's in the past.
Pay attention, that article was posted in June

For clarity, 12 fastest drivers (that meet the additional terms and conditions found on the Nismo website) from the wildcard comeptition held at Circuit de Catalunya-Barcelona on 29th September will take part in the main competition that will be livestreamed on Sunday 30th September. So people can still qualify if they are willing to travel to the circuit to compete.

Back