WipEout Omega CollectionPS4 

• Thread starter Parker
  • 336 comments

I beat Zico. :D

WAIT you can use the FURY class ship to get the trophy? I have been trying so hard to do it with the regular one, and I have gotten within 0.02 seconds of the time. The FURY class ship might help a bit.

WAIT you can use the FURY class ship to get the trophy? I have been trying so hard to do it with the regular one, and I have gotten within 0.02 seconds of the time. The FURY class ship might help a bit.
The Fury ship definitely has a better advantage, most especially thrust and handling, but handling isn't that much as it has been raised from 60 to 65. The "Beat Zico- HD" trophy is actually very easy if you have the knowledge and experience of doing it in the previous game (WipEout HD on PS3) and if you know Anulpha Pass very well.

The Fury ship definitely has a better advantage, most especially thrust and handling, but handling isn't that much as it has been raised from 60 to 65. The "Beat Zico- HD" trophy is actually very easy if you have the knowledge and experience of doing it in the previous game (WipEout HD on PS3) and if you know Anulpha Pass very well.
The HD ship is easier in my opinion. A lot more bounce for the barrell rolls. Hence why I can get a sub 30 in that but not quite for the Fury.

The HD ship is easier in my opinion. A lot more bounce for the barrell rolls. Hence why I can get a sub 30 in that but not quite for the Fury.
I just got the trophy, only just. I was surprised because stuffed up a couple of times on that particular lap and then pretty much accidentally beat the time :lol:

I never actually did that trophy on PS3 for some reason, so this was my first time trying, and boy was it tricky for me! It took we way less time to get the 2048 version, don't know why.

I just got the trophy, only just. I was surprised because stuffed up a couple of times on that particular lap and then pretty much accidentally beat the time :lol:

I never actually did that trophy on PS3 for some reason, so this was my first time trying, and boy was it tricky for me! It took we way less time to get the 2048 version, don't know why.
Congrats! :D

I've not tried the 2048 variant yet, mostly because I haven't played any 2048 at all. :lol:!

Congrats! :D

I've not tried the 2048 variant yet, mostly because I haven't played any 2048 at all. :lol:!

At first I sort of shared your sentiments about the handling on 2048, but after giving it a go, I got used to it very quickly, and I am now able to switch between the games without any loss of speed. It is slightly different to HD/FURY, but it is just as satisfying to me. The 2048 campaign is slightly more in depth, and the ship selection is too, and some of the tracks are better designed in my opinion. My biggest problem is that there are only four teams, but they do each have four ships that are unique, so its alright. I just miss Assegai... :(. I implore you give it a proper shot, as I thoroughly enjoy them both.

At first I sort of shared your sentiments about the handling on 2048, but after giving it a go, I got used to it very quickly, and I am now able to switch between the games without any loss of speed. It is slightly different to HD/FURY, but it is just as satisfying to me. The 2048 campaign is slightly more in depth, and the ship selection is too, and some of the tracks are better designed in my opinion. My biggest problem is that there are only four teams, but they do each have four ships that are unique, so its alright. I just miss Assegai... :(. I implore you give it a proper shot, as I thoroughly enjoy them both.
That is my next destination in all honesty, Fury is a nice expansion but after finishing HD Elite last night, I'm going to try and wrap my head around 2048! :D

The Pure tracks played in reverse are taking some time to get used to. Also, does anyone know the loyalty livery unlock points?

The Pure tracks played in reverse are taking some time to get used to. Also, does anyone know the loyalty livery unlock points?
4000 for the first alternative skin (HD) and 8000 for the second one. Chrome ships still unlock when you finish either the HD or Fury campaigns, with the same criteria for Zone Battle ships by completing any campaign cell in Fury.

If you get 2000 loyalty points with any team, you'll unlock the Tigron ship.

Meh, I actually dislike that Tigron ship. At first, I didn't know it's place in the game, because it looks like an inferior Triakis. Looking at its stats, and how it performs, it seems like it was made to dethrone Icaras as the first choice for speed.

On another note, it seems like while the soundtrack isn't great, there are some gems among the soil mounds. "Obsidian" has become my favourite tune, as I'd been waiting for trance to make its way back into the series since Wip3out. Racing on Zone mode with it pulsing away in the background exhilirates me incredibly.

I should get my PS4 this weekend, and I'll download WipEout early next week. Sadly, I don't think I will be committing anything like as much time to WipEout Omega as I did with WipEout HD (my poor RSI-infested thumbs/hands couldn't handle a return to those 'Elite/Phantom' days!) but I will be playing it with my nephew in the future so I need to keep the old skillz up to avoid being humiliated by him and his chums. First thing I will do is upload all my MP3s onto the PS4 and re-create my old WipEout music playlist, which included several Rush tracks :) - also 'Tour De France' by Kraftwerk and 'Crockett's Theme' from Miami Vice :cool:

If you managed to 'Beat Zico' in WipEout HD, you should know Anulpha Pass better than your own face.

So, which campaign is it hardest to get all golds on elite difficulty, HD or FURY? I feel like some of the FURY events owe themselves to random "BS" that can cause somewhat unavoidable losses...

So, which campaign is it hardest to get all golds on elite difficulty, HD or FURY? I feel like some of the FURY events owe themselves to random "BS" that can cause somewhat unavoidable losses...
Fury, because of the annoying AI in Zone Battle mode, and sometimes, even some of the Detonator events.

For me, completing the entire HD Campaign with all Elite Gold Medals is like Hellfire WZ's "Elite AI My Arse" videos all over again.

Basically I have a feeling that all of the Campaigns (2048, HD and Fury) are somewhat easier compared to the original versions, especially when trying to Elite Pass or get the Elite gold medals on their events.

I also have another question: Considering that I Elite Passed everything in the 2048 Campaign (including all A+ Class Challenges), I'm stuck in Rank 47 and need to get to Rank 50 quickly, even with the fact that there are no more events left to play. How do I rank up quickly, or do I just simply have to grind?

...I also have another question: Considering that I Elite Passed everything in the 2048 Campaign (including all A+ Class Challenges), I'm stuck in Rank 47 and need to get to Rank 50 quickly, even with the fact that there are no more events left to play. How do I rank up quickly, or do I just simply have to grind?
Doesn't online count toward this?

Also yes, it does seem somewhat easier than the original. I felt it was more down to improved airbrakes and generally a better controller.

Yeah, not having to play on a cramped Vita certainly helps.

I'm still not sold on 2048, it feels more like Mario Kart than WipEout.

Is it just me or is the autopilot broken in 2048? I can recall a number of times where the autopilot has slammed me into the middle of a skillcut fork, flown me straight into mines/bombs; and the frequent side-shifting over weapon pads? What's up with that?

Doesn't online count toward this?

Also yes, it does seem somewhat easier than the original. I felt it was more down to improved airbrakes and generally a better controller.
You don't get XP by playing online, sadly...

the 2050 campaign,,.... those time trials times are not even funny,... fastest ship i got is a qirex (90 speed)
I still need more than a second to beat it, but i can not find that second (and i have that on 3 time trials in 2050 :irked: )

Fury and HD are finger in your nose,.. but 2048 is pretty hardcore,.. :mad:

any suggestions?

the 2050 campaign,,.... those time trials times are not even funny,... fastest ship i got is a qirex (90 speed)
I still need more than a second to beat it, but i can not find that second (and i have that on 3 time trials in 2050 :irked: )

Fury and HD are finger in your nose,.. but 2048 is pretty hardcore,.. :mad:

any suggestions?
Hmm, from what I can see, 2048 feels slightly easier to me... But I haven't got that far in its campaign yet. What difficulty were you playing the HD campaign on, just out of interest? :)

no idea what difficulty ,, i had them all gold on ps3....
Only the timetrials i am having problems with,,.. up to 2050 no problemo,... then the difficulty spike went up a lot :rolleyes:

Welp, How can I manage to Elite Pass everything in the 2048 Campaign, get to Rank 50, get all Elite Gold Medals in the HD and Fury campaigns, unlock all alternative skins, earn 100000 loyalty points for AG Systems and earn 98% of all the trophies in four days after release?

Someone please tell me, maybe the difficulty of the Omega Collection is way too easy, even in the hardest difficulty...

Last trophy I need is to kill 50 ships online, but even though I won some online events (2048 Combat events, where I killed around 20 ships, I think), it doesn't show on the statistics.

no idea what difficulty ,, i had them all gold on ps3....
Only the timetrials i am having problems with,,.. up to 2050 no problemo,... then the difficulty spike went up a lot :rolleyes:
Okay, I think the way it works in 2048 is a little different to HD. I think the "Elite pass" medals are the equivalent of beating the "Elite" difficulty events in HD. You can change the wipeout HD difficulty when you are in the mission select screens by pressing square. The default difficulty (most likely what you were playing on) is medium difficulty, but you can change to novice or elite.

So basically, the "Elite pass" medals are supposed to be the biggest challenges in the game, with the regular passes supposedly being about as hard as the events you were playing in HD. Hopefully this makes any sense at all :lol:

Welp, How can I manage to Elite Pass everything in the 2048 Campaign, get to Rank 50, get all Elite Gold Medals in the HD and Fury campaigns, unlock all alternative skins, earn 100000 loyalty points for AG Systems and earn 98% of all the trophies in four days after release?

Someone please tell me, maybe the difficulty of the Omega Collection is way too easy, even in the hardest difficulty...

Last trophy I need is to kill 50 ships online, but even though I won some online events (2048 Combat events, where I killed around 20 ships, I think), it doesn't show on the statistics.
You might be just really good at the game ;)

I don't see how the difficulty can be considered way too easy when you've clearly played a lot of the previous games? I'm the same but I'm under no illusion this is an easy game. Experience just adds up. 👍

Welp, How can I manage to Elite Pass everything in the 2048 Campaign, get to Rank 50, get all Elite Gold Medals in the HD and Fury campaigns, unlock all alternative skins, earn 100000 loyalty points for AG Systems and earn 98% of all the trophies in four days after release?...
You want a challenge, start on the photo mode and aim to get a few decent action shots from Eliminator ;)

Last edited:
Here's another problem, me attempting the 50 Kills trophy, maybe it doesn't seem to count towards 2048 mode? It's because I don't see the kill count increased whenever I play a 2048 Combat event online, where obviously, I get to destroy some ships.

It only says that I have killed 10 ships so far (doing HD Eliminator events online) and nothing else.

Although the trophy states that you have to "destroy 50 ships in online Eliminator or Combat events"...

You know, the stupid decision to keep 2048's ranking system is so frustrating.

I've done every event elite pass and like @GBalao888 I'm still a good few levels off. Who would ever want to grind in a WipEout game?

Made even worse by how monotonous and BS the A+ challenges are for minimal reward.

2048 pales in every way to HD Fury.

Back