WipEout Omega CollectionPS4 

• Thread starter Parker
  • 336 comments
You're weird :) I'm actually enjoying 2048 more than redoing the HD or Fury campaigns. To me though, it's utterly fresh as I'd never played that game before, having spent far too long on HD/Fury.
:D

There's no such thing as too much time in HD Fury!

2048 on the other hand...

UPDATE:

I have finally found this odd, yet useful trick to help level up your rank in 2048...

(Do this for exactly one hour to get 60000XP, then repeat if you're okay with it)

I did this twice since I was stuck in Rank 47, and then two hours later, I was already in Rank 50 then Elite Passed the Pir-hana Prototype Challenge.

After that, I had 98% of all the trophies, just needed the 50 Kills trophy, where I was worrying so much about since I thought that kills from 2048 Combat online wouldn't count despite the trophy mentioning about 2048 Combat mode, requiring to kill a total combined number of 50 ships online, be it on HD or 2048. Turns out it does work, and now I finally have the Platinum trophy.

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 10.48.43 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 10.49.11 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 10.50.09 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 11.05.40 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 11.06.19 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 11.06.48 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 11.07.09 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 11.07.31 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 11.07.59 AM.png

Last edited:
Nice to see the Zone gold trophy is a bit (a lot!) easier - I never did get Zone Zeus in WipEout HD, despite coming quite close (zone 72), so Zone 65 here should be easy in comparison.

In other news, I got my PS4 installed last night and bought WipEout - it is downloading as I type, so hopefully it will have downloaded by the time I get home from work 👍

UPDATE:

I have finally found this odd, yet useful trick to help level up your rank in 2048...

(Do this for exactly one hour to get 60000XP, then repeat if you're okay with it)

I did this twice since I was stuck in Rank 47, and then two hours later, I was already in Rank 50 then Elite Passed the Pir-hana Prototype Challenge.

After that, I had 98% of all the trophies, just needed the 50 Kills trophy, where I was worrying so much about since I thought that kills from 2048 Combat online wouldn't count despite the trophy mentioning about 2048 Combat mode, requiring to kill a total combined number of 50 ships online, be it on HD or 2048. Turns out it does work, and now I finally have the Platinum trophy.

View attachment 653315 View attachment 653316 View attachment 653317 View attachment 653318 View attachment 653319 View attachment 653320 View attachment 653321 View attachment 653322 View attachment 653323

Thanks for this, that Rank 50 requirement is total BS. That's basically what's stopping me getting a platinum as I don't anticipate issues with any of the other trophies.

Thanks for this, that Rank 50 requirement is total BS. That's basically what's stopping me getting a platinum as I don't anticipate issues with any of the other trophies.
Well at least it's better than grinding, have you tried it out already?

You know, the stupid decision to keep 2048's ranking system is so frustrating.

Made even worse by how monotonous and BS the A+ challenges are for minimal reward.

I could never understand why they did this. It would've at least made sense if you could earn XP in Racebox, but you can't.

Well at least it's better than grinding, have you tried it out already?
I'll give it a go after work. 👍
I could never understand why they did this. It would've at least made sense if you could earn XP in Racebox, but you can't.
It really is an odd decision, there's no benefit to keeping the system in place. Feels like an oversight more than anything. Especially when you consider the original 2048 had an entire online campaign to help you level.

Actually, what you can do is you can set up sub accounts on the PS4 designated as the "primary" system. Those sub accounts can use any games installed on that machine. Then you can play the game on a secondary PS4 at the same time using your main account. You can never have 2 secondary PS4s using the game but you can have the primary using a sub acct and a secondary playing using the main acct.
Is there any significant disadvantages of not having my own PS4 set up as the primary?

Last edited:
The airbrake button configuration is one way to discern WipEout veterans from the players being introduced to the series for the first time through Omega Collection HD. I fall into the former category, and reverted the configuration back to the L1/R1 buttons as soon as I got the game, because it's what I grew up with. That being said, to those of you playing with the default configuration, how is it to control your airbrakes with analogue buttons?

Last edited:
The airbrake button configuration is one way to discern WipEout veterans from the players being introduced to the series for the first time through Omega Collection. I fall into the former category, and reverted the configuration back to the L1/R1 buttons as soon as I got the game, because it's what I grew up with. That being said, to those of you playing with the default configuration, how is it to control your airbrakes with analogue buttons?

They were R2/L2 in HD on PS3 as well. That was 10 years ago.

So whilst I wait for 2048 to auto-grind its way to level 50...

Which events are harder to elite pass; the A+ challenges or the Pir-Hana prototype challenge?

So whilst I wait for 2048 to auto-grind its way to level 50...

Which events are harder to elite pass; the A+ challenges or the Pir-Hana prototype challenge?

I'd say the A+ challenges. The Pir-Hana Prototype challenge is kinda tough but definitely doable. However, the A+ challenges are straight-up brutal: the AI is truly merciless in these races, and that's coming from one who got Elite Passes on all of them.

I'd say the A+ challenges. The Pir-Hana Prototype challenge is kinda tough but definitely doable. However, the A+ challenges are straight-up brutal: the AI is truly merciless in these races, and that's coming from one who got Elite Passes on all of them.
Oh yeah, they are seriously evil :lol:. I just managed to clean up the last A+ elite too, and I was hoping the Pir-hana challenge wasn't going to be as stressful :lol:

Is there any significant disadvantages of not having my own PS4 set up as the primary?

As long as the person using the PS4 that is designated the primary makes sure they only use the sub account on that machine, then no not really as far as I can recall. Myself and my 2 sons all have our own PS4 (long story, lol) and the one my older son has is the primary. I can't use the ps4 if my younger son is using his. One or the other of us gets logged out since 2 machines can't be logged in to the same account at the same time. However, my older son uses his own sub account on the primary machine so he never gets booted...

I've had the game two nights now and I'm enjoying it a lot. Although I don't have a 4K TV (yet), it still seems like an improvement on the PS3 game, particularly in the sound department - the sound would be improved even more if I had my old Wipeout playlist though, since the in-game music is already starting to annoy me. I'm enjoying 2048 a lot because I've never played it before - it seems pretty hard, and the tracks are definitely more varied and confusing - also the action in Eliminator mode is just crazy. I'm going to aim for the Platinum trophy as I never managed it in WipEout HD - Zone Zeus was just out of reach, so I'm hoping it is slightly easier in this game on account of being 'only' Zone 65 that is required; though Zone mode in 2048 seems challenging. I got the feeling that the game as a whole is slightly faster than before, but may be I am just out of practice/getting slower; some circuits seem a bit more forgiving, like Chenghou and Ubermall, and I've even managed a 'perfect lap' at Zen speed around a couple of 'normal' circuits (e.g. not the 'easy' one that I always used in WipEout Fury).

So this sold more than DiRT 4 in the UK. Surprised by that.
this is exactly the choice I made between these exact 2 games. and a good choice too. I like what they did with the wipeout collection 8)

*p.s. price thing not a factor for me, as I paid 35euro (actually 2x20e cards) to PSN for this digital while I can get dirt4 digital for ~same on the other console.

My workmates were mocking me for having what I can only describe as 'Playstation shoulder' yesterday - it may have been totally unrelated to my recent acquisition of a PS4 and WipEout Omega Collection (though I highly doubt it!), but I developed a pain in my right shoulder about lunchtime yesterday and it was most likely due to the marathon PS4 session the previous night. It's better today, but it may be wise to take more/longer breaks while playing in future.

I pretty much quit playing Gran Turismo because of a serious pain in my thumb which I ended up getting treatment for, but it has never fully gone away - while I don't blame Playstation entirely for causing it, it certainly didn't help. WipEout is, if anything, even tougher on the hands than GT (well, it is if you play like me!) - and I do notice when my hands start to get tired... I didn't, however, feel anything in my shoulders until the next day. I did play it for about 4 hours solid though (with short breaks), sitting in the same position the whole time - at my age, that is (apparently) not a good idea.

A slightly lucky way to get an Elite Gold at Sol 2 after a pretty untidy last lap.... I got a last second Turbo coupled with a fortunate bounce off a building before crossing the line in 1st place :P

In other news, I'm sorry to say that I have discovered that WipEout is not the perfect game - the Bronze medal looks more like gold to me.... apart from that though...

Last edited:
:D

There's no such thing as too much time in HD Fury!

2048 on the other hand...
I'm a bit worried about the 2048 campaign right now - I may just need to practice, but at the moment I am nowhere near getting some Elite passes. Last night I got the Mach 1.5 trophy (equivalent of 'Zone Zeus' from the original) and it was MUCH easier - it only took me three attempts before I hit Zone 68. I also golded the Meltdown tournament on my first attempt, winning by 15 points - I remember this being a bit of a struggle in WipEout HD, so either I have improved or it is a bit easier than before.

Unfortunately, the 2048 trophies appear to be way harder than the HD/Fury campaign - Zone mode is hard, not least because I can't see the track in some places on certain speed classes... the white 'glow' of the track makes it practically invisible, and although I can easily pass these events, I'm currently nowhere near Elite passing them.

Unfortunately, the 2048 trophies appear to be way harder than the HD/Fury campaign - Zone mode is hard, not least because I can't see the track in some places on certain speed classes... the white 'glow' of the track makes it practically invisible, and although I can easily pass these events, I'm currently nowhere near Elite passing them.

Disabling motion blur might help with the visibility issue a bit.

I'm a bit worried about the 2048 campaign right now - I may just need to practice, but at the moment I am nowhere near getting some Elite passes. Last night I got the Mach 1.5 trophy (equivalent of 'Zone Zeus' from the original) and it was MUCH easier - it only took me three attempts before I hit Zone 68. I also golded the Meltdown tournament on my first attempt, winning by 15 points - I remember this being a bit of a struggle in WipEout HD, so either I have improved or it is a bit easier than before.

Zone mode in 2048 is a farce in this remaster. They've severely ruined the chilled out vibe of the mode by making it really bright with that glow effect at short distances. Baffling decision, really.

Re-visited HD Fury after dominating the Omega Collection, and yet both of them are somewhat very similar (since the Omega Collection is obviously a re-master), I managed to make a comparison between the two from what I observed and from my experience of playing the two games:

Much easier in terms of progression (this isn't really the case with the trophies, but rather, possibly the AI and requirements to win everything, even at the hardest difficulty, yet the A+ challenges are quite something in terms of difficulty, it's still pretty damn easy.)

Handling of the craft is so much better (Is it the controller or is the physics somehow improved?)

Weapons seem to behave differently compared to HD Fury (Missiles are less accurate, rockets and cannons being more tricky to aim and the Quake not causing as much kills in Eliminator mode compared to HD Fury)

Last edited:
So, in these last two days I cleared both the HD and the Fury campaigns, and I've gotten my hands on the HD and Fury chrome liveries. Now, time to grind XPs on the 2048 campaign to unlock the Pir-Hana Prototype... Yikes.

So, in these last two days I cleared both the HD and the Fury campaigns, and I've gotten my hands on the HD and Fury chrome liveries. Now, time to grind XPs on the 2048 campaign to unlock the Pir-Hana Prototype... Yikes.
That shouldn't be a problem. There's a fast and easy way which can be done instead of having to repeat events just to grind.

Back