WipEout Omega CollectionPS4 

• Thread starter Parker
  • 336 comments
Redout is a lot of fun. Even on the lowest out of four speed classes (I'm one event from starting on class II in career) it's very fast - up to 900+ kph just in class I - and the tracks (I have two environments unlocked so far) are long, beautiful and very colorful. I've seen there's some real fancy stuff coming up later with no-atmosphere racing on one of Jupiter's moons, and I think the latest DLC pack is on Mars (I don't think that one is included in the console versions, though they do include all the other DLC that was previously released on PC).
The graphics have simplified geometry - you can even see the large polygons of objects - but it's in my opinion a very good looking game when everything is moving at blistering speeds and lighting and visual effects are definitely not low fidelity.

Handling feels fast and responsive but with less sense of weight than WipEout. I'm terrible at describing physics and handling differences - even when I can clearly feel them - so I will leave that to someone else.

Quick SUmmary of Redout

+
  • Fun
  • Fast
  • Diverse tracks and the no gravity levels add an extra level
  • Physics overall are great
  • Noticeable difference in ships
  • Upgrades are diverse
-
  • Platted the game in less than 10 hours, only just reaching class 3 events in career. So perhaps half way through the career
  • Graphics are great in motion but can be a bit B grade up close
  • Was too easy to build the funds to buy everything needed
  • Didn't have a need to utilise whole variety of upgrades available
  • Events are too easy.
I would say it is worth buying. But only when the price is 50% off or less. I didn't end up keeping the game once completed as I know I'd pick up most/all wipeout games before coming back to it.

Wipeout's now £15.99 on UK PS Store, or £12.99 if you have PS+.

(from 4/10/2017 01:00 am to 18/10/2017 11:59 pm)

Last edited:
did you guys try radial g racing revolved??

really barebones game on ps4, but quite enjoyable,.. if its 10 bucks or less buy it!!

If anyone still plays this, there was an update to it that included just "Miscellaneous bug fixes"

Although there are now a set of ships for each team that I've not seen before, nor have I a clue on how to unlock them.

WIPEOUT™ OMEGA COLLECTION_20180419162009.png WIPEOUT™ OMEGA COLLECTION_20180419162034.png WIPEOUT™ OMEGA COLLECTION_20180419162119.png WIPEOUT™ OMEGA COLLECTION_20180419162125.png WIPEOUT™ OMEGA COLLECTION_20180419162131.png WIPEOUT™ OMEGA COLLECTION_20180419162137.png

If anyone still plays this, there was an update to it that included just "Miscellaneous bug fixes"

Although there are now a set of ships for each team that I've not seen before, nor have I a clue on how to unlock them.
When the VR support was first mentioned, I seem to recall they said a set of ships would be available for unlocking within VR - that's not to say they won't be unlockable to the rest of the game at some point.. There were two updates, the PSVR patch and a bug-fix etc not long after.

Guys the update was for adding VR support.

Which by the way, single handedly makes me want a PSVR set.

That was the update before, this one just fixed some bugs and appears to have added the new ships.

I can also attest that Wipeout in VR is simply awesome, its easily the benchmark for VR integration into a racing title, and the flagship VR title on PSVR.

That was the update before, this one just fixed some bugs and appears to have added the new ships.

I can also attest that Wipeout in VR is simply awesome, its easily the benchmark for VR integration into a racing title, and the flagship VR title on PSVR.

I can imagine that’s true. I plugged a set of headphones in last night for the first time and played some GTSport and Wipeout, and even just the immersiveness of that made Wipeout ridiculously more thrilling than usual...which is pretty thrilling to begin with!

I've set about getting everything unlocked in this great game. Such a work of art really.

I wish they would update it so that we non-VR folks could have the VR style cockpit views (static of course) though.

R5
wipEout VR is really making me want PSVR, it looks so cool.

It is - that video doesn't even come close to doing it justice. You can listen to everybody yelling from the rooftops about Wipeout VR, but until you experience it for yourself you'll have no idea how utterly and entirely awesome it is.

The only Wipeout game I really ever got into was Pulse on the PSP, but I forgot how fun these games are. The gameplay in Omega Collection especially feels so smooth. The one thing that is a bit weird to me is how the games and events are organized separately with different progressions, I jump around a lot between the games anxiously because it feels weird playing through them fully one after the other. It's still a ton of fun though. And the music is great too.

I really hope this game gets a fully fleshed out sequel on the ps5. I can only imagine the possibilities. I just don't know if omega collection got the attention it needed to green-light a new game. :(

Apologies for resuscitating an ancient thread, but someone streamed an attempt to reach Zone 400 on Sol (2048) tonight:

Absolutely insane stuff! :eek:

And it was done in VR. Even as the iron gut that I am, I still recognise significant the mental achievements that were required to prevent a carpet pizza event.

My son is playing Wipeout Omega on PS4 has 4000 loyalty points on a team but Tigron isn't unlocked, anything else to check / try?

My son is playing Wipeout Omega on PS4 has 4000 loyalty points on a team but Tigron isn't unlocked, anything else to check / try?
I've had a look at Wipeout Central and a thread on Wipeout Zone concerning Tigron and both have conflicting information on how to unlock the ship. According to Wipeout Central, Tigron should be unlocked after collecting 2000 loyalty points for any team, but members of Wipeout Zone have said 1000/1500 loyalty points or 5 gold medals (15 regular medals).

Been a while since I first unlocked Tigron, but this playthrough suggests that earning 5 gold medals in HD Fury campaign is the way to do it (at 7:35, he briefly shows Feisar with 1785 loyalty points before using Assegai (680); Tigron unlock is at 16:13):

Another playthrough; Tigron unlocked with 5 gold medals using AG Systems (1420 loyalty points):

I think Wipeout Central needs to update their information...

Last edited:
I've had a look at Wipeout Central and a thread on Wipeout Zone concerning Tigron and both have conflicting information on how to unlock the ship. According to Wipeout Central, Tigron should be unlocked after collecting 2000 loyalty points for any team, but members of Wipeout Zone have said 1000/1500 loyalty points or 5 gold medals (15 regular medals).

Been a while since I first unlocked Tigron, but this playthrough suggests that earning 5 gold medals in HD Fury campaign is the way to do it (at 7:35, he briefly shows Feisar with 1785 loyalty points before using Assegai (680); Tigron unlock is at 16:13):

Another playthrough; Tigron unlocked with 5 gold medals using AG Systems (1420 loyalty points):

I think Wipeout Central needs to update their information...

That worked! Thank you from a happy 11 year old boy.

This seems interesting, someone must've gone through a glitch to race vintage ships from the AGRC in the modern timeline of the FX350.

Was very impressed with the customers dedication to have the car done out in the Wipeout team livery and full kuods to the game developer for agreeing to the project.

This will be my first livery project in Gran Turismo 7 once we have the game and I have been able to purchase the BAC Mono

Back