Wipers

  • Thread starter Thread starter dabest2500
  • 19 comments
  • 3,034 views
Messages
3,490
Messages
dabest2500
Just noticed today that the back ones don't work :)
No problem though, the rear view mirror is always clear, you never see smoke or water in it anyways...
:D
 
Yah, it is kinda weird, especially since sometimes you can see the wiper at the bottom of the window, and it doesn't move. But really not tha tbig of a deal, especially since it took you so long to notice.
 
I love how you can turn them on and off when it's dry, but soon as it rains they turn themselves off and on and you have no control over them. What's the point?
 
In my real car there are seperate controls for the windscreen wiper and the rear window wipers. Clearly the control in GT5 controls the windscreen. :sly:
 
you think thats weird/random,my little brother can play 5times better with the wipers turned on..and im not making that up
 
The wipers on standard cars don't work either

I don't think PD is gonna put in the work (however simple) to make them work when you'll never really use them anyway.
 
I don't think PD is gonna put in the work (however simple) to make them work when you'll never really use them anyway.

No cockpit view means it will have zero effectiveness. Although it looks moronic to see cars fly down straightaways with no wipers on.
 
Also, I don't think there is any animation where the driver actually turns the vipers on. They just magically turn on.
 
In my real car there are seperate controls for the windscreen wiper and the rear window wipers. Clearly the control in GT5 controls the windscreen. :sly:

Then there should be one for the rear.
 
The importance of windscreen wipers should not be underestimated. I remember my favourite airplane in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002, it was a special 737 download model which had controls for pretty much everything you could imagine. Even windscreen wipers. They didn't make any difference because the rain back then didn't accumulate on the windscreen but the awesomeness of putting them on was great!

I agree that the automatic wipers in GT5 is an assistance that I would rather want to control myself. It's just a small thing, but measured in awesomepoints it can make a big difference.

In GT6, can we hope for dirt and insects accumulating on the windscreen? Then we could have a reason for turning the wipers on even when it's not raining :)
 
The importance of windscreen wipers should not be underestimated. I remember my favourite airplane in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002, it was a special 737 download model which had controls for pretty much everything you could imagine. Even windscreen wipers. They didn't make any difference because the rain back then didn't accumulate on the windscreen but the awesomeness of putting them on was great!

I agree that the automatic wipers in GT5 is an assistance that I would rather want to control myself. It's just a small thing, but measured in awesomepoints it can make a big difference.

In GT6, can we hope for dirt and insects accumulating on the windscreen? Then we could have a reason for turning the wipers on even when it's not raining :)

In GT6, they'll put oil problems with cars in the game, with blue clouds coming out the back (or front, if you smack a wall).

Then, when some tool notices the oil on their screen, they're gonna go for the wipers.


Cue about 1,539,621 new users on the forum complaining that their game glitched and the wipers made them not see anything.

Forget the fact that it happens in real life, or that they could use another cam, but there'll be those people appear in droves of that happens, mark my words.


Or you could be a man and throw a bucket of water from the pits...:sick:
 
The wipers don't make sounds in GT5, which is unrealistic.
 
I don't like the wipers because they don't swipe the water as they move across the screen. In other words they don't do anything, so we might as well not bother with them :)
 
I don't like the wipers because they don't swipe the water as they move across the screen. In other words they don't do anything, so we might as well not bother with them :)

Indeed, the wipers look so unrealistic in their movement. The water droplets just seem to dissapear as the blade passes over, rather than the blade actually moving them. It just looks weird.
 
I wonder why they kept the rearview mirror completely clean anyway, you should be able to see the slats on the Murci:D
 
The wipers don't make sounds in GT5, which is unrealistic.

Yeah, I personally would have loved to drive around with them on in dry conditions if there would have been sound!
 
Back