Wish there was more gameplay for me.

  • Thread starter Thread starter CarreraGT97
  • 34 comments
  • 2,546 views
Messages
34
Scotland
Seafield
Messages
CarreraGT-97
I've just started playing Gran Turismo 6 for most of the day today but I feel like I'm going to complete it within a week. I played it for about 3 hours and I'm already halfway through national B. Especially as the honda fit I get at the start of the game has got me this far because of the really easy races and currently own two cars on the game so far. Once I complete the Career mode on it, I haven't got much else to do. This is because I'm restricted because I can't use chat which stops me from being able to use any of GT's online features like online races. I'm only 16 and other games I have don't need to use chat if you don't want to which is why I can go online on them. It's a great game, I just feel like it's going to finish to quickly.
 
It'll take you longer, but not much longer.
Each level gets more series. Each series is longer as the levels go up.
 
I have no complaints. I'm just enjoying the game. Try not to burn through it and it will add longevity.

Took me 8 months to beat Modern Warfare and I have no complaints about game length. 1 year for GTA 4.
 
as long as you ignore the license tests until AFTER you finish all the races in that class, then it will take you some time. I blazed through the game and I only finished 10% of I-A class races. :indiff:
 
With three hour daily sessions, then you'll have Gran Turismo 6 for a while. I've had it for a week now, and progress has pretty much gone to a halt now that I reached I-B. It's definitely not a long career mode, but it's nice enough. And I haven't had to repeat a single race s far.

My only gripe is that there could be more one-make events or other types of events considering how many cars the game has.
 
as long as you ignore the license tests until AFTER you finish all the races in that class, then it will take you some time. I blazed through the game and I only finished 10% of I-A class races. :indiff:

Then you haven't blazed through the game, you still have 90% of the IA races left.

I did all the novice and National B races in order then did a few in National A to unlock the test and move to IB and did the same and again in IA just so I could unlock all the races and see what was there as well as where the best paydays were and where I could drive the cars I wanted to drive and maybe get a bit of a challenge.

After I had did that I went back and ran the rest of the races a few here and a few there and ran some of them several times with different cars.

I think i have ran the Red bull Jr Championshio about 6 times already, a pretty good race, cool car, doesn't take long and pays $$$$
 
I do wish there were more events outside of career mode, but career mode I think had the perfect amount of events. Not too much so that most people can't finish it like in Forza 3+4, but not so little as in GT5 where you can never find a good event for a particular car.

There will be a lot of events added though through seasonals, and I'm guessing through patches like for Red Bull event. So I think we should wait and see. PD say they are going to be releasing a lot of content through DLC, so they have the opportunity to really prolong the life of the game.

Also you could also always redo career mode races in differant cars. My favorite thing to do in GT is exploring new cars and trying to find which ones I really enjoy, and I love redoing races in different cars and find some really great cars to add to my favorites.
 
I redo a lot of them as well, I like taking in other cars and see how they do, maybe even run the race several times and make small tuning changes to the car between races to try and get better lap times, better total race times. I also like going into the races where the AI uses race cars driving either a hopped up muscle car or a super car just to see if I can eek out a win. It can be difficult to get the win but can also be a lot of fun and you can earn a lot of credits before you know it. Also helps that they have added some cool new tracks. I am really enjoying running on Brands Hatch, Mt. Panorama and Willow Springs, have had lots of cars on those tracks already
 
I've just started playing Gran Turismo 6 for most of the day today but I feel like I'm going to complete it within a week. I played it for about 3 hours and I'm already halfway through national B. Especially as the honda fit I get at the start of the game has got me this far because of the really easy races and currently own two cars on the game so far. Once I complete the Career mode on it, I haven't got much else to do. This is because I'm restricted because I can't use chat which stops me from being able to use any of GT's online features like online races. I'm only 16 and other games I have don't need to use chat if you don't want to which is why I can go online on them. It's a great game, I just feel like it's going to finish to quickly.

This is a racing game so it has quite a bit of re-playability in itself already. The Red-Bull events have also demonstrated PD can add off-line events and championships on the fly, and I still keep my fingers crossed for a fully fledged user event creator which could address your issue forever.

On the other hand, in game chat should not refrain you of going online, having no mic can be noticed and you can always use texting in the lobbies. Racers usually have team radios, they don't chat with each other.;) Just make sure you find the good places, and if your behaviour is ok you should be ready for some great moments that no language barrier could slow down...:cheers:
 
it's too short in my opinion. there is maybe 15-20 hours of race time in a career mode if you do each race only once whereas you have over 75 hours in the endurance races of gt5 alone. and that's using the x2010! you can spend over 110 hours doing nothing but A-spec, using the x2010 in every race possible. and never repeat a race. if you use competitive cars, you're looking at upwards of 200 hours! as of now, i have completed all the S class races an am working on the I-A races i skipped. i could easily have all races done by 50 hours if i stop grinding and buying million credit cars purely for hot lapping. i wont, but i could.
 
You don't have to go through all the races in one go. I have about 280 stars and most of the time so far I have spent taking photos, driving online or tuning (but mostly photos).

You don't really need the chat online, it doesn't stop you from playing online. I barely used the chat in GT5 compared to the time I spent online. I don't have a microphone either. Your driving style and car speaks for you. You can always use the PS3s own chat system if you want to say something to someone.

Just do what you like doing.

We 'might' see some (longer) endurances when they introduce the new B-spec (from GT4). The B-spec will work as a secondary, 3rd etc driver for you.
 
There are also lots of "mini games" in a race simulator. Like collecting all the cars you want, offline single races and time trials, plus we're all assuming PD will push out a new seasonal once a week like gt5 did, so there's always new single player content coming.
 
One word: Online.

In GT5, 95% of the time I played I spent it online. There's simply no comparison in racing against the CPU and racing against other people.
 
I would say that GT6 is slightly lacking in races (as was GT5) when I think back to GT4 and all those one make races in the various garages etc. However, with the promise of lots more content (hopefully enduros etc), we may well be looking at double the content by the end. For me, I have been playing most days for 3 hours a day since I got the game on the 7th: I have golded and completed everything up to IB level; at IB level, I just have the kart races to complete; at IA level I have kart races, Rain masters races to complete as well as both coffee breaks (one have silver but want gold) and 4 of the licences need gold achieving; at S level, I have all the missions and coffee breaks to do and half the races left. So, not that much overall left to do but it will probably take me the same length of time to complete and gold the remaining events as it has to get this far. I also have, I think, 9 Goodwood challenges to complete as well. Am really waiting for more harder seasonals as I have golded all of them pretty easily so far and I'm just an average driver.

Overall, I would have liked more but I am not complaining...there is plenty to do and plenty more to come. If I get bored, I can always go back to GT5 for a bit (lost my saved game a week before GT6 release so had started again) or, more likely, create a new profile and try and complete the career with buying as few cars as possible or only buying cars under a certain pp or price bracket etc....the possibilities are endless. Of course, it helps that GT is the only PS3 games I play!!
 
This is a racing game so it has quite a bit of re-playability in itself already. The Red-Bull events have also demonstrated PD can add off-line events and championships on the fly, and I still keep my fingers crossed for a fully fledged user event creator which could address your issue forever.

On the other hand, in game chat should not refrain you of going online, having no mic can be noticed and you can always use texting in the lobbies. Racers usually have team radios, they don't chat with each other.;) Just make sure you find the good places, and if your behaviour is ok you should be ready for some great moments that no language barrier could slow down...:cheers:
When I login to PSN and then go on gt6 is says the communication between players relies heavily on chat being enabled. Which is why it won't let me online. Chat is disabled because I'm under 18.
 
If you have all 573 stars you're either: single/no-kids, soon to be divorced due to neglecting the wife, don't have a day job, or your wife is switching off races with you. All jokes aside, I put in a good 50 hours already and it looks like I'm halfway through International A. The vast majority of people purchasing this game will finish it in about a month if they play it every night. I don't see how that is too short.
 
Last edited:
Is it just me or when I was on City trials on national b. On the finish line of the London circuit, it froze. Has this happened to anyone else?
 
When I login to PSN and then go on gt6 is says the communication between players relies heavily on chat being enabled. Which is why it won't let me online. Chat is disabled because I'm under 18.

Are you running a sub-account with some form of parental restrictions? :confused:
 
Considering you are allowed to post on this forum, I would recommend you simply ask for that annoying restriction to be lifted.
 
Look at the thread your stats. On guy is at 97% with 113 hrs put into it. Youve a long way to go!
 
...............................
 
Last edited:
*Off-topic* moved to private
 
Last edited:
...............................
 
Last edited:
*off-topic* moved to private.
 
Last edited:
...................................
 
Last edited:
I don't think the game is to short. I have played many games which I really liked that took less time to complete and they were story mode games so once you complete them they loose a lot more of the appeal than a game like GT.

I do wish that there were more 2 lap races on the 12 mile layout of Nurburgring in various types of cars but what I would really like is a way to generate a race in Career mode that will pay similar credits to the existing career mode races based on distance and difficulty. There are many different cars I would like to run on some of the tracks for a few laps while earning some credits but the races there at the moment do not lend themselves to these cars.

I am just fine with not having the endurance races, sure they had lots of hours to game completion time but I really have no interest in going around the same track in the same car racing AI for hours and hours. Especially when I cab be in front in the first few laps after that it is just boring
 
When I login to PSN and then go on gt6 is says the communication between players relies heavily on chat being enabled. Which is why it won't let me online. Chat is disabled because I'm under 18.

My daughter is 13 and she has no problem playing games online using a headset or the mic on the camera. Even in EA games.

Unles,s there is a particular reason your parents blocked you from using chat?
 
Back