II-zOoLoGy-II

(Banned)
United States
F YOU
original.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5981680/the-witcher-3-announced-first-artwork-revealed

http://www.gameinformer.com/

Wild Hunt Trailer

Some preliminary info supposedly contained in the article, courtesy of a NeoGAF user Indigo Cyclops with a Zinio subscription (my subscription is via the App Store, where this issue isn't available):

World supposedly 20% bigger than Skyrim's
30-40 minutes to cross world on Horseback
New streaming technology (CDRED Engine 3)
Geralt's Memory is restored
No chapters/acts
Dude is ****ing DONE fighting for everyone else
Everything from solving MYSTERIES to slaying monsters
Coming out on "all top-of-the-line" consoles - I'd say that confirms next-gen is in.

For those who didn't play Witcher 2, here is the opening cinematic. It should get you interested:

Last edited:
Ok, I wasn't interested in Witcher 2 at all, but now I see it's on offer on Steam, I have more than it now costs in my Steam wallet from selling unnecessary Team Fortress 2 trinkets, that opening cinematic was awesome and everyone says it's great.

I think you've won this round, sir.

I obviously can't comment on Witcher 3 having not been that interested in the previous two, but one thing I can say is I hope they're not working on both this and Cyberpunk 2077 at the same time... I need that (Cyberpunk) in my life ASAP.

I got Witcher 2 but I've never been able to get into it. The graphics give me headache and I don't like 3rd person view. I'll give it another try though since it's meant to be good.

It does look great. I haven't played the other witcher games as I don't have a PC, but I could be interested in this, if it hits the PS4.

Last screen looks bloody fantastic.

I went back to Witcher 2 (PC version) and while the graphics look good, the gameplay is quite rigid, clunky movements, wonky camera, corridor gameplay, feels really dated. Witcher 3 looks to be more fluid and dynamic, hopefully.

Witcher 2 big battles are quite underwhelming, use basic old fashioned game design layout much like MGS4.

^^Agreed, at the time of development it was a PC exclusives with no limitations but they seem to spend the most time on graphics. The Console gameplay of Skyrim was obvious on PC but Witcher 2 had no excuse.

I just could not get into The Witcher 2. I tried but as mentioned above, it had a lot of problems. Especially with navigation and backtracking. So hopefully those are resolved in TW3.

A fact sheet for Witcher 3 released today
http://www.psmania.net/2013/06/new-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-facts/

Dynamic, fluid and rooted in traditional RPG systemsThrough a series of new features, players can merge their skills with Geralt’s developing combat acumen:

● The number of attacks, parries and other combat moves has been greatly increased and rendered fluid with 96 new action sequences, compared to 20 in The Witcher 2.

● Three different sets of movement animations let Geralt adjust his stance to match the dangers he faces.

● Players enjoy complete control of Geralt in combat as there are no QTEs or scripted timing attacks.

● A new camera system, superior even to that utilised in the Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2, shows fights in all their glory while keeping the focus on what the player needs to see.

● Geralt’s character development visibly affects his behaviour in combat: obtaining a Swordsman skill might increase attack animation speed, while a Mage ability could turn the Igni Sign into a torrent of blue flame.

Use your brain, they’ll use theirs

Combat is realistic, dynamic and rewarding, featuring smart enemies and living battlefields:

● Each of the 80 monsters Geralt can encounter has its own habitat, strengths and weaknesses.

● Improved crowd AI means enemies communicate with each other in combat, coordinating their efforts to surround Geralt or deploy combo attacks.

● Monsters and other foes do not scale with the player: beasts that crush players with a single swipe at the outset become sword fodder by the game’s end.

● Enemy morale shapes with their actions: opponents flee or fight more cautiously when scared, attack recklessly when desperate, and beg for mercy on their knees when defeat is inevitable.

● The environment is a factor in combat, and Geralt can use it to his advantage: he might destroy a hive to unleash an angry swarm of hornets on a foe, or cast the Aard Sign to bury a group of thugs beneath a toppled stack of barrels.

There's a lot more info in the link, I only quoted one piece. Sounds very promising

This could be the game that has me buying a PS4. It looks really nice. I'll wait on reviews and impressions of people playing it before taking the plunge.

Back