Witcher 3

Your 760 doesn't cut it, sadly...
index.php

As you can see, it's at the bottom of this graph. You can still the enter the competition, if you want. But you'll have to upgrade your GPU asap. Although, you can drop the settings to improve performance. Witcher 3 offers a couple of options so you can fine-tune. I imagine if you drop everything to Low-Medium at 1080p you'll get more than 30 fps. But that would be close to console-grade experience.

Your CPU is fine, and it should hold up. It might suffer a little bit once you arrive in Novigrad but you should be okay.

Wow OK...it runs Fallout 4 and PCars very smoothly though perhaps I'm just not overly fussy! Don't need something way better than console, just marginally better on my PC could clinch it, but I think I will just go for the PS4 or Xbox for safety's sake. Haven't long had the 760 and can't really afford another update now. Thanks for the benchmark though :)

Wow OK...it runs Fallout 4 and PCars very smoothly though perhaps I'm just not overly fussy! Don't need something way better than console, just marginally better on my PC could clinch it, but I think I will just go for the PS4 or Xbox for safety's sake. Haven't long had the 760 and can't really afford another update now. Thanks for the benchmark though :)

Like I said, if you drop a few settings, you'll probably get a nice experience. The 760 is definitely better than what consoles can offer. Might have to leave Hairworks off as that can dunk performance (though NVIDIA GPUs handle it a bit better than AMD GPUs).

Finally managed to download Blood & Wine along with Hearts Of Stone.

I've decided to start from the beginning and work my way through. I did stop for a while but back to it now. It's such a great game and one of the best I've played in a long time.

@Magdelayna have you played it yet?

Thinking of going on another playthrough after getting a 1070. Sadly I can't use the saves I have since they're already NG+ and starting over from scratch is a little jarring

Finally managed to download Blood & Wine along with Hearts Of Stone.

I've decided to start from the beginning and work my way through. I did stop for a while but back to it now. It's such a great game and one of the best I've played in a long time.

@Magdelayna have you played it yet?

Im still unsure whether i would like it as im not a big fantasy fan...the graphics and scale does look appealing though. How much emphasis is on the RPG side...is it like Skyrim?

Im still unsure whether i would like it as im not a big fantasy fan...the graphics and scale does look appealing though. How much emphasis is on the RPG side...is it like Skyrim?

It's heavy RPG which dominates the play through. However the writing and voice acting it's some of the best I've seen for a game.

It's heavy RPG which dominates the play through. However the writing and voice acting it's some of the best I've seen for a game.

Yeah i think il give it a try,playing the game on an exploratory kind of way,having read your earlier posts about side missions and just basically the hunt. Not sure how much of the main quest i will do...im not a 'big boss' fan hehe.

Yeah i think il give it a try,playing the game on an exploratory kind of way,having read your earlier posts about side missions and just basically the hunt. Not sure how much of the main quest i will do...im not a 'big boss' fan hehe.

It's the only game I've gone back to. 1 I really enjoyed it, 2 I didn't finish it and with the expansions it looks like a whole new game.

The side quests and markers on the map take some time and even secondary quests have superb writing.

The larger creatures and monsters are not too hard, they all can be taken down with a little prep time beforehand.

It's the only game I've gone back to. 1 I really enjoyed it, 2 I didn't finish it and with the expansions it looks like a whole new game.

The side quests and markers on the map take some time and even secondary quests have superb writing.

The larger creatures and monsters are not too hard, they all can be taken down with a little prep time beforehand.

Well im downloading it from the store - should start it tonight. First RPG ive bought since The Story Of Thor on Megadrive in 1995 haha.

Will give my initial feedback soon.

Is there any way of replenishing your health without food or drink? My mission game save starts on quarter health and i have a load of dogs to kill while in that shield in that caves...the one where you freeze if you step outside it.

Anyway of getting my health back up?
@Sprite

Is there any way of replenishing your health without food or drink? My mission game save starts on quarter health and i have a load of dogs to kill while in that shield in that caves...the one where you freeze if you step outside it.

Anyway of getting my health back up?
@Sprite

Sorry Adam for the delay. You meditate and that should help if it lets you.

Can't meditate during that phase. and you still have another fight after that that is even tougher. I used crossbow + shield to minimize the dmg. I had to reset once in there tho and level a bit before coming back, it's a hard succession of fight if you're not prepared. My suggestion : load a save just before entering the cave and do some more side quest and exploring.

On another note I just arrive in Skellig and God this place have some cool spot :) Love it

Can't meditate during that phase. and you still have another fight after that that is even tougher. I used crossbow + shield to minimize the dmg. I had to reset once in there tho and level a bit before coming back, it's a hard succession of fight if you're not prepared. My suggestion : load a save just before entering the cave and do some more side quest and exploring.

On another note I just arrive in Skellig and God this place have some cool spot :) Love it

ok thanks,yeah i had to load a save about an hour before that quest. I just had nothing to get my life back up - im surprised how tough that is so early on - it does say its a few levels above my LVL.4 though hehe. I thought id done it when i killed that Golem. It doesnt help that the game mechanics make you move forward automatically when fighting the dogs - its hard to stay inside the shield and not freeze. As you said the crossbow looked a good bet.

How long does the basic shield last? Is it a limited time or until you get hit?

Sorry Adam for the delay. You meditate and that should help if it lets you.

Yeah,im not sure you can meditate all the time.

On a side note,what a great game - such a vast,rich,immersive world....its a game i will dip in and out of for the next year or so im sure. The characters and voice dialogue is top notch - great humour and sarcastic moments aswell.

Regarding the main quest,its probably going to be too tough for me judging by these early ones,even though i want to follow the story with Ciri etc. im more of a casual gamer,im not really a fan of big boss after boss.

I do like the aspect of preparing yourself before the big battles though,with oils,signs and stocking up on food...obviously something i need to do more of!

The game reminds me of the old Commodore 64 top-down RPGs in atmosphere...some elements havnt changed such as collecting different foods and potions.

The lighting is some of the best ive seen,you can enjoy some epic sunrises!

@Magdelayna yeh it's a fantastic looking game. Trust me sticking with the main quest is a good thing.

I usually do a part of the main quest then head off and do some Witcher Contracts or scavenge hunt, once I've done everything on my list my level will allow I do a load of the ? and chill.

Then after a while I go back to the main story and do some more. Some of the places you see especially later on is great.

@Magdelayna This part was really hard for me too, I struggled a lot the first time but it's good to learn fight mechanics, evasion move etc.. It will be very hard without any food. I didn't encounter anything as hard later on and I'm level 23 now. Shield last until you're hit. Try the different sign and how to use them with efficiency. Don't forget to equip anything that is worth it and look if you don't have any oil you could use.

After watching the Netflix trailer for the upcoming show and hearing about all the awards and acclaim this game has received, I bought The Witcher 3 complete edition on PS4 off the PS Store for $15. I've never played any of the Witcher games or read the books so I'll be going in blind.

The only other RPG I have played is Fallout 4 which I got completely hooked on. I'm hoping to dive into the game in a few weeks after I complete a certification exam for work.

Been playing this more, i was still at the early parts, wasn't so into it before but it's clicking now and having lot of fun.
Maybe i was too stressed and not taking time, but i like most of it right now, checking inventory, upgrading, using all you have in your potions etc and signs. Having fun in combat, nice looking lighting and environments and caves.

Latest Posts

Back