With GT7 could Gran Turismo become a playable encyclopedia for cars ?

That the marketing department is aware of the Pokemon-esque appeal of the game to some players?

It is a truthful fact, that a big part in playing Gran Turismo is to try to collect your favorite cars and to drive them.

And before the gameplay that's what appealed me when I started to play GT5.

I think I'm not the only compulsive car collector playing Gran Turismo....

Yea

Why would you even play the game if you can't even collect nor drive the cars you wanted so much

That would be pretty boring if you ask me
Probably cuz they want motorsport format, which means you're given a car to use for one race season; which puts it on odds with car collecting format.
Though how about collecting cars being limited to cash?

Probably cuz they want motorsport format, which means you're given a car to use for one race season; which puts it on odds with car collecting format.
Meh just save that stuff for those who want to race online themselves

They won't matter that much to those who don't or rarely engage in that kind of activity

Which is why it is good if people can have many options on how they would want to play theirs in their very own ways as long as they ain't cheating in doing so

Yea

Why would you even play the game if you can't even collect nor drive the cars you wanted so much

That would be pretty boring if you ask me

That's why I'll check the car list of Gran Turismo 7 before considering buying it, and even buying the PS5.

If it is still 4 or 5 years late on recent road and race cars I'd probably stay on PS4 with Project Cars 2 and 3 and Formula 1 2020, because it was the main disapointment I had with GT Sport.

But there's a chance I'd be satisfied with the cars' list in GT 7.

That's why I'll check the car list of Gran Turismo 7 before considering buying it, and even buying the PS5.

If it is still 4 or 5 years late on recent road and race cars I'd probably stay on PS4 with Project Cars 2 and 3 and Formula 1 2020, because it was the main disapointment I had with GT Sport.

But there's a chance I'd be satisfied with the cars' list in GT 7.
I wouldn't buy it if it lacks road cars

A balance between the two should be great

Throwing in some concept cars would be also good like it was in the predecessors

And yes the recent models they put in shouldn't be outdated as much as possible

For instance i can't imagine if they choose a 2015 mustang over the refreshed 2018 model

I wouldn't buy it if it lacks road cars

A balance between the two should be great

Throwing in some concept cars would be also good like it was in the predecessors

And yes the recent models they put in shouldn't be outdated as much as possible

For instance i can't imagine if they choose a 2015 mustang over the refreshed 2018 model
I can imagine this. Think about when they start modelling cars for the next games. GT Sport was due 2016. Came out 2017. We got cars from about 2011-2015. That includes the race cars. Many models were still in their first cycle from when GT6 was out.
Took a while to get the Fit and Demio. Those are current shape, but "old" year models.

Okay. The Mustang GT. IF PD started modelling a 2016 or 2017 model, chances are we're not getting a 2018 and/or newer.
We DID get a 2016 911. It would probably have to be something special to be a current, say 2020, car. A GT350 or Super Snake.

We got the ZL1 Camaro '18. Again, something a bit special in the game's mid-life.
Anyway, it's possible we'd get the new fascia Mustang GT, for Gran Turismo 7. I'd like the Gr.3 car replaced with either the MARC II V8 Mustang or DJRTP Mustang GT. :sly::gtpflag:

Though how about collecting cars being limited to cash?

Racing drivers can still buy and collect cars, you know? He might not buy his Mercedes F1 car but Lewis Hamilton has a collection of road and race cars he has bought with his earnings, as do all other drivers. You don't think he and other drivers would have a collection of 300 cars if it was feasible in the real world? I certainly would. Plus in the early days of racing you do buy your own car that you modify (you know, like the classic GT format), or you can just buy a road car and take it racing.

You seem to continually confuse a desire from people like myself in racing over everything else as a lack of interest in road cars. You're very much mistaken. Racing =/= exclusively pre-made race cars. Racing =/= no interest in road cars.

Racing drivers can still buy and collect cars, you know? He might not buy his Mercedes F1 car but Lewis Hamilton has a collection of road and race cars he has bought with his earnings, as do all other drivers. You don't think he and other drivers would have a collection of 300 cars if it was feasible in the real world? I certainly would. Plus in the early days of racing you do buy your own car that you modify (you know, like the classic GT format), or you can just buy a road car and take it racing.

You seem to continually confuse a desire from people like myself in racing over everything else as a lack of interest in road cars. You're very much mistaken. Racing =/= exclusively pre-made race cars. Racing =/= no interest in road cars.
I mean obviously, racing drivers like Hamilton are in, well, real life, not a video game, there are much more "features" to do in real life compared to any video games. Like of course they can use any of their earnings for, anything they want, which includes collecting cars, but even then real life isn't only limited to cars for what to buy, unlike video games that are limited to what genre it covers. And for collecting cars, not only racing drivers do it, other type of wealthy people also do like other kind of athletes such as Mayweather or Ronaldo. Also, their car collections aren't necessarily a part of racing (I know people like that collects supercars but...), which is what racing game covers.

And for below, obviously not, people can be both (or even dislike both), having interest on either and also accept both. Just that in your case you seem to only tolerate something (like in GT), if it's motorsport-related, like the criteria of good track, or good reason for wanting a track to return is only if the track isn't "useless for racing", or that each GT events should all be based on something existed in real life motorsport, either fully or loosely, or that because rally cars aren't designed for normal circuit you forbid them to be used there even in game, You also call out on those that show an interest in non-motorsport aspect, like menus, car immersion feature like car wash, or wanting various type of cars to try (where GT, as an automotive appreciation, is all-encompassing, where car number is... needed).

I mean obviously, racing drivers like Hamilton are in, well, real life, not a video game, there are much more "features" to do in real life compared to any video games. Like of course they can use any of their earnings for, anything they want, which includes collecting cars, but even then real life isn't only limited to cars for what to buy, unlike video games that are limited to what genre it covers. And for collecting cars, not only racing drivers do it, other type of wealthy people also do like other kind of athletes such as Mayweather or Ronaldo. Also, their car collections aren't necessarily a part of racing (I know people like that collects supercars but...), which is what racing game covers.

And for below, obviously not, people can be both (or even dislike both), having interest on either and also accept both. Just that in your case you seem to only tolerate something (like in GT), if it's motorsport-related, like the criteria of good track, or good reason for wanting a track to return is only if the track isn't "useless for racing", or that each GT events should all be based on something existed in real life motorsport, either fully or loosely, or that because rally cars aren't designed for normal circuit you forbid them to be used there even in game, You also call out on those that show an interest in non-motorsport aspect, like menus, car immersion feature like car wash, or wanting various type of cars to try (where GT, as an automotive appreciation, is all-encompassing, where car number is... needed).

Are you going to claim to know my favourite ice cream flavour next? You seem to think you know a lot about me but you really don't.

With regards to the thread title....

No.

There are tens of thousands of different cars that have been manufactured since the Patent Motor-Wagen, Gran Turismo will never cover even a small fraction of these cars. I mean, it's my ultimate wet-dream for the franchise... but even if you classed the non-playable museum content it's not going to be much more than a beginners guide to small number of cars, with even fewer playable.

If PD do what Rock Star have done, with GTV, let's say PD keep the licencing from past cars... it's doable to keep making new editions like an encyclopaedia.

I think if the car list of GT7 included every single car from every GT game to date plus a bundle of new additions (Estimated around 1,800 cars) would in my opinion be the ultimate car roster for an automotive encyclopedia and would be a dream come true.

I think if the car list of GT7 included every single car from every GT game to date plus a bundle of new additions (Estimated around 1,800 cars) would in my opinion be the ultimate car roster for an automotive encyclopedia and would be a dream come true.

I've noticed your reply just now and I admit it is a fine dream having that amount of playable cars in a game.

What I was meaning about encyclopedia, is actually the very first meaning of that word telling the entire history of cars decades by decades, with some playable events driving the most iconic cars of each era. That also is a dream which could actually be an additional game mode added some times later during Gran Turismo 7's lifespan.

Relevant, old format I know:

*First astronaut looking at GT logo* “So it’s a car encyclopædia?”

*Second astronaut pointing gun at first astronaut* “Always has been”

At the very least, I hope GT7 exposes me to more cars, brands, and people I never would've known about otherwise. On that note, I hope the Vazirani Shul comes to GT7, especially given its somewhat unusual connection to GT.

Back