With so many features in GT4 How long do you think it will take for you to beat it?

• Thread starter pimp racer
  • 49 comments
Will there is gonna be a whole bunch of features in GT4 SO how long do you think it will take to beat? For me I would say about 5-6 months maybe more.
BTW I am not gonna be on GTPlanet.net for about 3 days because I will be gone to Atlanta SIX FLAGS!!!

5-6 months! It's gonna take me at least 1 year and a half to complete everything in the game. Plus experiencing with photo mode.. A long time. I won't waiting anxiously for GT5 as I am anxious for GT4.

usernamed
5-6 months! It's gonna take me at least 1 year and a half to complete everything in the game. Plus experiencing with photo mode.. A long time. I won't waiting anxiously for GT5 as I am anxious for GT4.
Oh damn i forgot it comes out in november or somewhere in the time DAMN its gonna take long then.

^ the mode that allows you to take photos of your cars, about the only feature i know that´s been officially confirmed for GT4....

Sounds like a cool mode.... but how long would this take me... between 5-7 months depending on how much sleep i want to sacrifice.

Until GT5 appears, with online mode in GT4 👍

In Fact ill probably never complete it, if online is good enough :)

Im still playing GT3, my goal wasn't to reach 100% I'm playing with cars on complex string and improving my skills, Its not about 100%, I Have like 200 hours of playing time in gt3 and I'm still not bored!

I have driven GT 3 since it came and still do.. 100% 4523907 km and still not bored..
I cant wait until GT4 i want the game now:(
Run around the Nürburgring will be cool , hopefully in a Ferrari

The GT games are endless meaning it is up to the user to experience what they want. Sure their are thoes out there that will attempt to get the fastest car and then basically kill each and every race. Hopefully horsepower limits will be back and this will make that harder. I guess that I can see how some find the joy of attempting to find the quickest way to win the game. It will be very interesting over xmas to read the path and progress that everyone takes ( wait I will busy racing online ). When I get my copy of GT4, I will for sure be taking at least one day off from work. If the makers of GT4 wanted two they could even make differnt sim mode versions, perhaps one where you can never win the same car, then perhaps one like GT2 where you can win the same car endless times. With online mode and photo mode, especially when users start making online race clubs ( much more so then now ) where they post replays, pictures, maybe other things. The GT4 experience will be very rich and fullfilling and long lasting.

I think this game is to explore all the dynamics of the cars and even race with your friends more than betting their set up races in the game.

I don't think I'd ever reach 100% but I'll be learning the drifting techniques for this new game once I get it...

Drifing on GT3 was easy, now it's time for GT4... so far prologue has proven that I need a lot of practice to get the cars drifting

Artz

I'd say it'll take about 6-8 months(guessing)with a substantial start.I'll be doing at least a 24hr stint the first go. 👍

Div is back
Im still playing GT3, my goal wasn't to reach 100% I'm playing with cars on complex string and improving my skills, Its not about 100%, I Have like 200 hours of playing time in gt3 and I'm still not bored!
I put like a million hours into GT2 then a few into GT3 :lol:

greenlightning
When I get my copy of GT4, I will for sure be taking at least one day off from work.
I am 14 so i got a lot of time and only have to worry about school :lol:

When i got GT3 my brother and I played it for about a week, with at least 15 hours game time each day. We broke the brand new wheel i'd bought too! Got a good way through the game though (at least a third). So i guess it's a good thing that the game's not coming out before or during the summer holiday :D

This is one thing that worries me about GT4. Next year I'll be a junior in highschool and that is really the hardest year so there won't be too much time for me to play it. With so many new modes being confirmed by PD I'm starting to wonder if I'll be able to finish the game at all.

haha...

I actually had to force myself to stop gaming last year to finish high school, I deleted the game exe's from my computer (after uploading them to my FTP for safe keeping) and ensured every individual component of my consoles was disconnected so it'd take enough time to reassemble that I'd remember I was meant to be studying.

Then, there was that maths test that didn't count so I answered some stuff then drew Tribes 2 pictures for 2 hours...

GT3, I'm still only 99% done. I won't ever get 100. It took me about 2 and a half years to get this far I think, in terms of time actually winning races that counted. I expect to complete as much of Simulation mode as possible before touching MP, there's no way I'm going to venture into the world of OLR until I'm exceedingly sure of myself and my car.

I still play GT, GT2, GT3, GT:C and Prologue, so at this rate it looks like its going to be forever.

The thing I love about the GT series, as Div said, is that its not just about 100% or getting all golds. Its about driving.

My only problem is if my wife sticks to her word and accidently drops the PS2, because in her words "I love cars too much". Still I can live with that (just as long as the memory cars don't go with it. :sly:

let's see... 5 months til the first official release date + 4 months of unexpected delays + 1 month drooling over the ring + who knows b/c no one has any idea how many races, series, enduros, contests, time trials, tracks, or anything else about the playability of the game = another waste of a thread unless poking fun at the matter ;)

Depends on three things.
1) If Half Life 2 is half as good as they say it will be, then that will keep me going for a few months.
2) If it's any good. If it's a massive let down like GT3 was, then I'll get bored within a few months.
3) If the online mode is really cool, then I'll just end up playing that all the time.

But my best guess is sometime during very late 2005 AD.

Cheers

Jamie

j8mie
Depends on three things.
1) If Half Life 2 is half as good as they say it will be, then that will keep me going for a few months.

Assuming it's ever released.

phantasm's on a roll lately.

Well if you watched the conference from E3 the vid is posted on here, the spokesperson said that they are not joking that users could spend as much as a year just in photo mode! And the fact that there are about 15 new modes (seen from the video and what the presentation shows) I think it will take more than a year. please no negative feedback. im just posting what the video shows. Hope this helps :)

j8mie
2) If it's any good. If it's a massive let down like GT3 was, then I'll get bored within a few months.
Massive Letdown ?.. How can GT3 be a Massive Letdown ?..

Did I miss the schoolbus this morning ?...

Flerbizky
Massive Letdown ?.. How can GT3 be a Massive Letdown ?..

Did I miss the schoolbus this morning ?...

I just didn't think it was anywhere near as good as everyone made out. For me it was a case of the hype outliving the game itself. I just found more wrong with it, than right. Sure you've got loads of cars to drive, and the game itself is massive. But having rubbish AI to compete against, was the biggest let down. It felt like the game was living in the 1980's. The AI in Street Fighter was better.

I really do think if the AI is as bad as GT3's, then GT4 sales will suffer. But PD are lucky in that they have a massive fan base already in place, which almost guarantees them making their money back.

Eagle
Assuming it's ever released.

phantasm's on a roll lately.

I'm thinking it will. If you want to talk about a game that will never be released. Look no futher than Duke Nukem Forever :lol:

Cheers

Jamie

Gt3 dissapointed me
Not enough new tracks, it suffered with rubbish AI after PD hyped it up, saying it would be intelligent e.t.c, it had no great sense of speed, and it didnt really feel very realistic, oh yes and some of the comps were boring as hell.

Still only on 53%

Latest Posts

Back