With so many features in GT4 How long do you think it will take for you to beat it?

• Thread starter pimp racer
  • 49 comments
I honestly don't think GT4 will live up to expectations. There is just TOO much hype. I'm not going to say it will be bad, that would be stupid, I just strongly doubt it will be as good as we (well some of us) hope it will be.

Which is why expectations are generally a bad thing.

Everything has flaws. GT4 will have flaws, it will lack a plethora of things we all wish it would have. It'll be the best game we've seen so far. We should be happy enough with that.

I think based on the game straight up it will be fantastic... what most will have trouble with is measuring off the built up amazingness of the game in their own mind and the reality of the final product. It probably won't live up to many addicts' level of anticipation and expectations... but if you step back and look at the game compared to what other options are out there you'll know you have the cream of the crop nestled in the tray of your ps2.

It's made me think of when GT2 came out and how amazing it was for PS1... i mean that game set the bar so high for the gen 1 consoles... we know Kaz is as passionate if not more than the hardest-core GT fan... and i know he'll want his last ps2 mark to raise that bar even higher... only to be eclipsed by what comes out on ps3.

GT4 will be judged ultimately on how good the Online racing part of it is. at the end of the day, after everyone has won all the cars they want, and completed all the licence tests and race series that they want to complete - it will be the online racing that will keep us coming back for more. With out this feature GT as a series would be dead-in-the-water.

I would normally agree to such a statement, but given the levels of fanatacism still displayed for GT3 and even earlier GT titles, I think GT4 will last the distance with or without OLR.

For me, the new physics engine, combined with the new steering wheel plus the new found sense of speed which all actually combine to give a very good sense of actually driving a car, already means that im enjoying Prologue far more than i ever enjoyed Gt3.
Add to that the combination of the multitiude of tracks and cars, with new tuning options, the return of classic vehicles and second hand vehicles, i already know im going to enjoy it far more than GT3.

Of course the icing on the cake would be a completly reworked AI engine, to give me something to race against in single player mode, and the creme de la creme will be if they can do great things with the online secton.

Everything else will just be a bonus.

To be honest GT3 - with more cars and more tracks (plus online option) would suit me fine, its still a fantastic game, i've simply exhausted all i want from it.

GTXLR
For me, the new physics engine, combined with the new steering wheel plus the new found sense of speed which all actually combine to give a very good sense of actually driving a car, already means that im enjoying Prologue far more than i ever enjoyed Gt3.
Add to that the combination of the multitiude of tracks and cars, with new tuning options, the return of classic vehicles and second hand vehicles, i already know im going to enjoy it far more than GT3.

Of course the icing on the cake would be a completly reworked AI engine, to give me something to race against in single player mode, and the creme de la creme will be if they can do great things with the online secton.

Everything else will just be a bonus.

my thoughts exactly! the new physics engine is alot better than in GT3 i think and is a joy in itself. this one major improvement makes prologue more enjoyable than GT3 for me aswell :D

I didn't spend enough time on Prologue to appreciate it, I took an NSX around Tskuba I think and was rather underwhelmed.

Eagle
I would normally agree to such a statement, but given the levels of fanatacism still displayed for GT3 and even earlier GT titles, I think GT4 will last the distance with or without OLR.
Exactly,also with hopefully another 5 or so months dev time PD will have a legendary game for the market.I honestly think whatever it turns out like,it will exeed my expectations in every way.

Dorifto
This is one thing that worries me about GT4. Next year I'll be a junior in highschool and that is really the hardest year so there won't be too much time for me to play it. With so many new modes being confirmed by PD I'm starting to wonder if I'll be able to finish the game at all.
**** SO will I damn this is gonna suck @$$ have you enrolled into any programs such as collagete(SP?) or IB.

Well I am banking on completing GT4 in about 3 maybe 4 years :-) I had a little baby boy who for some reason is taking up a lot of my time so I may get 30 mins to 1 hour of game play 3 times a week if I am lucky and "her indoors!" does not bug me too much.

:-)

Brookie670
Well I am banking on completing GT4 in about 3 maybe 4 years :-) I had a little baby boy who for some reason is taking up a lot of my time so I may get 30 mins to 1 hour of game play 3 times a week if I am lucky and "her indoors!" does not bug me too much.

:-)

Tell me about it Brookie, these young 'whipper-snappers' who lock themselves in their bedrooms all night playing on their PS2's etc - don't know they're born!

When you're lucky to grab a handful of hours a week on GT - you don't waste it driving on the Yaris championship!

LOL yeah Yaris racing WTF....

Still the only gmes I get any time for are GTx and Pro Evo 3 (with correct teams hack :-) )

and then the young bucks on here complain about school, wait till ye have to earn a living then 17 hrs racing a day on GT won't seem so fun anymore hehehehehehe

They aught to try working for a living - then see if they have the time/energy to get 'gold' in all the licence tests!

Latest Posts

Back