Without honor

• Thread starter Sele1981
  • 46 comments
Sele1981
What the hell is up with the seasonal events? Why is PD rewarding the people who use all these kiddy driving aids? Just look at the Pagani huyora event. I made a 1:39 lap without any driving aids, only abs on 1. And then I check the online rankings and see that #1 has a 1:33 with all that kiddie driving aids on.

I always thought a sim is to master a difficult car without driving aids and the reward would be to get faster lap times. But PD is doing the opposite, no matter if these driving aids are really available in real life too.

Where is the challenge? Where is the honor? With this crap we don't need an driving sim, we could also play need for speed...

I hope so much for project cars and hope they do it all right.

What the hell is up with the seasonal events? Why is PD rewarding the people who use all these kiddy driving aids? Just look at the Pagani huyora event. I made a 1:39 lap without any driving aids, only abs on 1. And then I check the online rankings and see that #1 has a 1:33 with all that kiddie driving aids on.

I always thought a sim is to master a difficult car without driving aids and the reward would be to get faster lap times. But PD is doing the opposite, no matter if these driving aids are really available in real life too.

Where is the challenge? Where is the honor? With this crap we don't need an driving sim, we could also play need for speed...

Pretty sure the Huayra (that's how you spell it) has all these "kiddie driving aids" in real life too, so it's not unrealistic. If the car didn't come with them, it would be nigh undriveable. Of course, it doesn't have SRF (which frankly is a bit cheaty), but other than that...

Their time doesn't really affect you. You both got the same reward - you did it to your standard and they did it to theirs.
I always thought a sim is to master a difficult car without driving aids
A sim simulates. Nothing more or less.

What if the car it was simulating actually had those driving aids? What if the only way to turn traction control off on the real Huayra also turned ABS off and you're driving a difficult car with driver aids you shouldn't have?

Live and let live. They get their prize money and special paint, you get yours.

First, I know, the people who are on the top places are fast! Way way way faster then me! I did not say that I am fast! And they would be also fast without that using aids!

Probably only people who play Racing Sims on PC understand what I mean. I want a ****ing Racing Simulation. No game that helps me in corners, holds the car on the straights and so on... When I want that, I also can play Need for Speed or Forza :D Yeah I had Forza 4 and it is an Arcade/Sim mix and GT has at least way better physics.

But I know, GT is for the main public player. And most of them dont use a driving wheel. So I understand that PD makes the game more acessable and easier. But why do they reward the people who use driving aids with better lap times? When I remember correctly, in GT5 you were always slower when you activate an driving aid.

These TT's are there to test all AGES and all TALENTS that is why they are all different....Well obviously i must be a 43 yo kiddie because i use them WHEN they are there and when they are not makes no difference to me, sure i'm no alien and don't care where i finish on a leader board...A challenge within a challenge do you want fame and glory or satisfaction knowing you slugged it out the hard way........I can see your point with what you guys want, But you have to please all TALENT no matter how old we are or what we use or how diverse we are for it is all us that BUY them..

didnt see what you wrote above...

Get a group of Pals and run the seasonals to your own group rules.

There are a couple about - in this section of GTP too.
One runs Bone stock cars for the seasonal event. (This could prevent the exploitative set ups.)
Another is an Anti SRF faction ("(SRF) is a bit cheaty" Quote of the month!) -

"Soft" events lets all drivers have a shot at Gold. If you find hitting Gold too easy - then make it harder. Don't tune the car. Maybe slap on a grade of tyre harder.

The same aliens that can get top times with aids on, can get top times with them off. As PD decides to turn off SRF when they like. Regardless they are fast with or without aids. Why not turn aids on and see if you can hit the top times. If you cant, your as just a good of driver as me.

Never mind read 4 posts up.

You want honor? Race with your friends in a LAN tourney with rules set... oh wait they didn't add that feature :/ I really don't care for adds in seasonal events. I never try for best and just try to unlock new paint chips, but in online tournaments or GT Academy it does matter.

I get your point Sele1981 and to some extent I agree. I guess the answer would be to have two distinct leaderboards, one with driving aids turned 'on' and one with driving aids turned 'off'. Unfortunately that's never going to happen so we have to make the best of what we are given. Some of these real life high power cars would be undriveable without some sort of driver aid.

I prefer my driving sim to be as realistic as possible. I use a wheel, turn all aids off where possible and use the bumper or driver cam view. I can understand more arguments about the use of the PS3 controller pads as being kiddie aids and 'without honour' (or honor) - I have yet to drive any real car with a pad (although maybe that's just a matter of time).

You want honor? Race with your friends in a LAN tourney with rules set... oh wait they didn't add that feature :/
Hook your consoles up to a switch and run the switch to the router. So long as no-one else joins the lobby and the internet connection stays stable, you have a lag-free LAN.

Why do we need to start this pointless debate all over again?:banghead: Either play the game as it is, or don't, its your choice :cheers:

Yeah man ok after I created this post, I realized again, GT is for the mainstream. So they must allow driving aids. And especially for the gamepad drivers (event though I also only use ABS with a pad). Its ok. I was in a "GT gets more and more a real sim" enthusiasm. But it does not. So I hope for Project Cars. And even though they also will have driving aids in the game, I hope that you get faster lap times without that aids, how it should be.

I also heared that Sebastian Vettel is whining because the F1 cars are too difficult to drive this year. He wants back the old F1 cars where the cars almost drive itself. Thats not Motorsport for me. Senna, Montoya, Villeneuve, that was the time of real Motorsport. Traction controll and ABS is ok, the rest sucks...

Hook your consoles up to a switch and run the switch to the router. So long as no-one else joins the lobby and the internet connection stays stable, you have a lag-free LAN.
GT6 is P2P? That's actually pretty cool (somewhat)

Who cares how someone else plays the game? I've never understood this gripe or argument
It's not that someone cares how someone else plays the game, it's that they bought what they thought was a simulator (it's on the box) and most of the TT's for the last year have arcade driving aids available. In the first two years of TT's in GT5, that simply wasn't the case so there's been a real switch lately from simulation focus in TT's to arcade. Sortable leaderboards like @Milouse did for GT5 would fix everything as you could just measure your best time with your combination of aids against everyone else in the same circumstance.
Yes you can compete against yourself or your friends but that doesn't resolve the fact that you can't compete with the world even up without using SRF.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...r-super-lap-london.306746/page-7#post-9577219
You're spittin' in the wind, friend!

It's not that someone cares how someone else plays the game, it's that they bought what they thought was a simulator (it's on the box) and most of the TT's for the last year have arcade driving aids available. In the first two years of TT's in GT5, that simply wasn't the case so there's been a real switch lately from simulation focus in TT's to arcade. Sortable leaderboards like @Milouse did for GT5 would fix everything as you could just measure your best time with your combination of aids against everyone else in the same circumstance.
Yes you can compete against yourself or your friends but that doesn't resolve the fact that you can't compete with the world even up without using SRF.

Thanks, finally somebody who understands me :)

Even though my point is, why PD rewards people who use driving aids with faster lap times. I dont care what aids people use. It bothers me that an arcade gaming style gets rewarded with better lap times. It is the other way in every other SIM I know, where the developers reward poeple who turn off aids with better lap times because using driving aids makes you slower in other games.

Last edited:

abs on 1 is using driving aids anyway.

Totally Agree with you mate, I support you at 100%.
For the ABS 1 also because you can't brake properly in this game without ABS. I mean before GT6 I was on Forza 4 and I was able to drive without abs even on the controller, this is impossible on GT even with a wheel.

I agree, and I disagree.

There is reason enough to have driving aids when the physical parts of the game itself are creating a disconnect between you and the car.

Let me explain what I mean.

In real life I own a Lotus Exige. With my hands on the wheel, feet on the pedals, and eyes on the road, I do not have many of the issues that I have in this game. Much, but not all of the cause is the interface. The controller, the steering wheels, they will have to get MUCH better in order to serve as a true connection to a car in a game....and then the weaknesses of the game will be readily apparent.

Until that happens, this mechanical disconnect will always require aids to get the best (truest) driving experience.

The same is true of the opposite.

If you were to hook up a DS3, or one of the popular steering wheel set-ups in my car in real life, and try to drive it, you'd have a similarly terrible experience.

Simulation for the common man is simply a LONG way off, even the top simulators in the world have issues with creating a real connection.

So, let them be them, and you be you. Don't play the game for them, play it for yourself.

For the ABS 1 also because you can't brake properly in this game without ABS. I mean before GT6 I was on Forza 4 and I was able to drive without abs even on the controller, this is impossible on GT even with a wheel.

I'm sorry, but... no. ABS 0 is very much doable with a wheel, and though difficult with a DS3, it can be done... if you're a masochist. All it takes is time to fiddle with brake balance, and practice.

I'm sorry, but... no. ABS 0 is very much doable with a wheel, and though difficult with a DS3, it can be done... if you're a masochist. All it takes is time to fiddle with brake balance, and practice.

Ok let's make a race this weekend. You with ABS 0 and me with ABS 1 and I sure I will be faster of 2s each a lap. Normally without ABS your braking is more efficient if you know how to brake, this is not the case in GT.

Ok let's make a race this weekend. You with ABS 0 and me with ABS 1 and I sure I will be faster of 2s each a lap. Normally without ABS your braking is more efficient if you know how to brake, this is not the case in GT.

ABS 1 is faster, but not that much faster, with practice it's possible to get within 0.1-0.2 seconds of the top times. Just look at the people (mostly just Ti-tech) getting into the top 20 on the GTA TTs, only 0.17 off the fastest time in R2.

ABS 1 is faster, but not that much faster, with practice it's possible to get within 0.1-0.2 seconds of the top times. Just look at the people (mostly just Ti-tech) getting into the top 20 on the GTA TTs, only 0.17 off the fastest time in R2.
That is the problem and my point, normally without ABS and practice you have to be faster and this not the case in GT !

That is the problem and my point, normally without ABS and practice you have to be faster and this not the case in GT !

Agreed, ABS off doesn't work properly in GT6 (or ABS on for that matter), was just pointing out that there isn't a massive difference between the two :)

Back