Without honor

• Thread starter Sele1981
  • 46 comments
Ok let's make a race this weekend. You with ABS 0 and me with ABS 1 and I sure I will be faster of 2s each a lap. Normally without ABS your braking is more efficient if you know how to brake, this is not the case in GT.

You said ABS 0 is impossible. I said it wasn't. It still isn't. But OK, I'm always game for a friendly race. 👍

I'm not that fast in general.

Totally Agree with you mate, I support you at 100%.
For the ABS 1 also because you can't brake properly in this game without ABS. I mean before GT6 I was on Forza 4 and I was able to drive without abs even on the controller, this is impossible on GT even with a wheel.
You obviously haven't driven without ABS lately in GT6. With standard and not racing brakes (on street cars) it's quite easy to drive without ABS with a little practice. Setting a BB of 3/2 for example would mean you might never lock the tires unless you are turning sharply and using full braking force. Higher settings allow for some lockup and full braking power. Without ABS I can be within a few tenths of my best ABS times, and sometimes just as fast.

You obviously haven't driven without ABS lately in GT6. With standard and not racing brakes (on street cars) it's quite easy to drive without ABS with a little practice. Setting a BB of 3/2 for example would mean you might never lock the tires unless you are turning sharply and using full braking force. Higher settings allow for some lockup and full braking power. Without ABS I can be within a few tenths of my best ABS times, and sometimes just as fast.
You clearly didn't understand my point ! Without ABS normally you have to be faster and more efficient not "as fast", This is the 3rd time that I'm saying this ( read previous post please before to reply ) ! Stop trying to argue everybody know that weaknesses of Gt are the brakes and the Clutch !

Last edited:
That is the problem and my point, normally without ABS and practice you have to be faster and this not the case in GT !

I would say that is incorrect.
ABS is a system & there are many different types in real life.
The ABS on a little town car is not the same as that fitted in a supercar just like the brakes aren't.

ABS was used for a while in some motorsports before it was banned because it was to good.

This is a game however & I doubt anyone could apply the brakes perfectly without ABS because you don't have the feel that a real car can give you.

First, I know, the people who are on the top places are fast! Way way way faster then me! I did not say that I am fast! And they would be also fast without that using aids!

Probably only people who play Racing Sims on PC understand what I mean. I want a ****ing Racing Simulation. No game that helps me in corners, holds the car on the straights and so on... When I want that, I also can play Need for Speed or Forza :D Yeah I had Forza 4 and it is an Arcade/Sim mix and GT has at least way better physics.

But I know, GT is for the main public player. And most of them dont use a driving wheel. So I understand that PD makes the game more acessable and easier. But why do they reward the people who use driving aids with better lap times? When I remember correctly, in GT5 you were always slower when you activate an driving aid.

Normally in my experience when you use aids it slows you down...as a person who uses stick with no aids...if I try to run the same challenge with Aida, whether it's t/c or stability or combo of both.... It slows me down...however on this particular challenge it really helped... So in a sense this is a challenge where maybe the actual challenge is working with driving aids??

I don't nessessary agree with how it was done as someone who is slowed down by aids however I see why they did it.

I never use brake assist in GT5 and GT6, I am doing fine, the brakes works like it should, GT6 has much better braking physics than GT5. I am currently tuning for FITT STi vs Evo Tuning Challenge, I have been running Zero Sports STi V replica retuned for the regs, 40% water on track at Tsukuba on comfort tires, and I can drive without ANY aids. It's all in practice and practice :) The Evo at Stowe is even worse with 100% water on track, imagine braking in a flood without brake assist :lol:

Why I call ABS brake assist ? It's not simulating real life ABS system at all, it's simply brake assist function with added stability aid, @amar212 should be able to explain it much better than me :lol:

Maybe next time I'll upload my replays, how does 1:04s at Tsukuba on CS tire 450PP version of Honda Civic FD2 TODA Racing replica with stock gearbox sounds :D No aids with stick :P

I never use brake assist in GT5 and GT6, I am doing fine, the brakes works like it should, GT6 has much better braking physics than GT5. I am currently tuning for FITT STi vs Evo Tuning Challenge, I have been running Zero Sports STi V replica retuned for the regs, 40% water on track at Tsukuba on comfort tires, and I can drive without ANY aids. It's all in practice and practice :) The Evo at Stowe is even worse with 100% water on track, imagine braking in a flood without brake assist :lol:

Why I call ABS brake assist ? It's not simulating real life ABS system at all, it's simply brake assist function with added stability aid, @amar212 should be able to explain it much better than me :lol:

Maybe next time I'll upload my replays, how does 1:04s at Tsukuba on CS tire 450PP version of Honda Civic FD2 TODA Racing replica with stock gearbox sounds :D No aids with stick :P
Edit- delete

Last edited:

Yes! I've been laughing my ass off every time there's someone whining about usage of SRF and arguing he's driving it WHIT NO AIDS ONLY ABS 1 :D I mean ABS in the game is like SRF but only when braking, and its even better. I have also been using ABS 0 in licences and career mode to make it more challenging, but it's not a matter of honor, its a matter of making my self a better driver, whit out honor is to whine about how someone else is playing a god damn video game!!!!

I bet the guy who made this thread is never gonna make it to even top 100 in TT's no matter what aids he turns on :D

Stop whining and learn to drive!!!

Last edited:
You clearly didn't understand my point ! Without ABS normally you have to be faster and more efficient not "as fast", This is the 3rd time that I'm saying this ( read previous post please before to reply ) ! Stop trying to argue everybody know that weaknesses of Gt are the brakes and the Clutch !
If you're saying that ABS is more challenging, yes it is. Removing any driving assist will make the game more challenging. If you're saying that normally you'll be slightly slower without ABS then that is also true, no one is arguing that. I don't see your point beyond that.

If you're saying that ABS is more challenging, yes it is. Removing any driving assist will make the game more challenging. If you're saying that normally you'll be slightly slower without ABS then that is also true, no one is arguing that. I don't see your point beyond that.
It is written in black and white I can't do better. Also this debate is close since a long time, you missed the train sorry.

First, I know, the people who are on the top places are fast! Way way way faster then me! I did not say that I am fast! And they would be also fast without that using aids!

Probably only people who play Racing Sims on PC understand what I mean. I want a ****ing Racing Simulation. No game that helps me in corners, holds the car on the straights and so on... When I want that, I also can play Need for Speed or Forza :D Yeah I had Forza 4 and it is an Arcade/Sim mix and GT has at least way better physics.

But I know, GT is for the main public player. And most of them dont use a driving wheel. So I understand that PD makes the game more acessable and easier. But why do they reward the people who use driving aids with better lap times? When I remember correctly, in GT5 you were always slower when you activate an driving aid.

On the 'using driving aids makes you a lesser driver' issue, iRacing are introducing Traction Control on some cars that use it in real life because it makes it a more realistic driving experience. If a professional driver gets to use some TC in his McLaren GT3 car why can't a serious iRacer?

Most gaming driving aids do hinder a player from achieving a better lap time than if they were more skilled and not using them, but with the correct application TC and ABS can make you much, much faster. I don't see a problem with that especially considering most if not all modern cars are designed with the electronics in mind. If you don't see that a 458 Italia or 12C are designed to be faster with the electronics aids on you're losing out on the better lap times.

The pro-ABS talk is making me happy. I'm on a controller and I only use ABS when SRF is forced on or I'm having particular difficulty in a task (license, mission, seasonal). With sports cars on normal tires I like 7/* or */7, race cars with racing brakes on soft sports or racing rubber I'm a little higher, kei cars on CH or CM I'm in the 5s and sports cars on normal tires with racing brakes (cough cough Huayra cough cough) I'm in the 3s. It's very doable as long as you don't mash and you know your braking points. Oh and I'm double 10s in the BMW McLaren GTR.

Whenever I do a seasonal event in GT6, I always just go with TCS off, ASM off, ABS 1, and I use SRF if it's allowed, I don't really mind either way. I wouldn't use it for single-player racing, but if it's permitted for seasonals, why not? I want to set the most competitive time possible, and using an assist provided in-game is fair to me. I can understand the stigma surrounding assists though, I guess it's a bit like doping in the Tour de France, there will be taboo and disdain surrounding those who take advantage of these things forever.
edit: Actually, no, this is nothing like doping in the Tour de France, I must have been tired.

Last edited:
Personally I am not a driver but a player, not looking for a race sim but a game. However in real racing as F1 they have things we don't, drs, they can change BB on the fly, tire wear(TT) , camber that works ,tire pressure etc. So I guess it evens out.

Back