Work in Progress: TS020

• Thread starter backspace
  • 46 comments
7/14- 3 new renders added

Thanks for the info sprite. I've seen a few people use common modeling programs to make a character, then take that mesh into Z brush and add amazing detail. 3ds max will export to a .obj file, so maybe If I ever get good at modeling characters I'll look into that. :)

high backspace i just wanted to share a quick test ive done with Maxwell render, ive posted a preview and a link to the final full size image. this is a 2 hour render done in maya using Maxwell. its so slow but the results are very good. i know the quality is grainy but the light as it comes through the windows is very realistic, it took about 10 mins to build the scene, about 2 mins to apply the shaders, and 2 hours to render out.

stairspreview3wh.png

LINK to fiull size image

Did you actually buy that renderer or is it from work or something?!

Im not allowed to talk about how i got it. but its an old version in fact its one of the first verions, still in its alpha stage.

Looks great sprite, espically since it was such a quick job. I think in the high resolution picture the grain looks a bit too colorful though.

I just wan't to let everyone (err, the 3 or 4 of you guys :sly: ) That I haven't given up on this project. I have alot of other work though. I'm making an animation for a music video, and working on a half life 2 mod at the same time. ( I need some low poly/texture practice)

When I get some more free to work on the car I'll make another update, I have added some small details and made some changes to make the model more like the actiual car.

always the same with private projects they have to go on the back burner when real work calls, but i hope you do finish the car as it would be a shame to bin it at such a way along. :)

Backspace, i was wandering when you would post an update, stunning work, once finished you should put it up at cgtalk.com and cg-cars.com but the new toony look is very neat indeed i like it.

cant wait to see the shaded version. 👍

backspace
Thanks Blazin and Flerbizky. :)

9/26-Toon renders!

Within the next week or two I'll start messing with materials and shaders.

It's all fuxx0red up :lol:

And incidentally, it DOES look like something out of ToonTown !.... Good Job !...

Nice man!! Really nice.. I began moddeling a year ago.. With Cinema4D.. But I stopped becaus I hadn't time.. I made a box with big chrome wheels and 6 exhaust once :D

Any updates?

I've got Maya Unlimited 6.0, but it's completely gone to waste. I haven't had the energy to learn how to use it effectively since I got it, it just sits there. A shame, really. I've such a powerful program at my fingertips but haven't gotten to using it at all.

Back