World classic car series REWARDS.

• Thread starter sr16ve n1
  • 58 comments
427 cobra on the eifel course was a blast!

I dived straight into that with the 300SL just to see what I would be up against and took me about 2 laps to get the hang of not overshooting every other corner...only made 5th too :embarrassed:

To anyone complaining about these events being too easy, ignore the recommended power in the description, just start with something pretty slow and work up, you should have a blast and get good value out of the track.

If you are racing against S800s and the like, try something similar. The PP should be a lot lower than they suggest but this seems to always be the case, you get used to it.

My E-Type Jag breezed it! If they are repeatable (I assume that means you get more cash for another win?) I will try my Cobra!

Seeing as the cash and xp rewards are so poor for this set of seasonals, imo there should be a prize car when you gold them all

Bet there isn't though?

To anyone complaining about these events being too easy, ignore the recommended power in the description, just start with something pretty slow and work up, you should have a blast and get good value out of the track.

Exactly! We all should know by now the AI PP levels may be about right for novice drivers, but most in here need to use a much lower level car to get a good race.

I started with the stock Elan on comfort softs, knowing it couldn't win. But, it was just as fun trying to catch that 9th place car, while holding off the 11th place car trying to keep my slippery Elan on the track. I'll win the race eventually, but I'm in no hurry. There are lots of fun old cars to try that will make for fun racing.

Seeing as the cash and xp rewards are so poor for this set of seasonals, imo there should be a prize car when you gold them all

Bet there isn't though?

No.... nor any cash prize for golding the lot.....

Exactly! We all should know by now the AI PP levels may be about right for novice drivers, but most in here need to use a much lower level car to get a good race.

I started with the stock Elan on comfort softs, knowing it couldn't win. But, it was just as fun trying to catch that 9th place car, while holding off the 11th place car trying to keep my slippery Elan on the track. I'll win the race eventually, but I'm in no hurry. There are lots of fun old cars to try that will make for fun racing.

Yeah if racing was only about winning we would only see about 6 cars in every F1 race :)

I've also found you get to a point when you *know* you could win if you didn't make any stoopid errors, so when you get to that point, you stick with your choice of wheels and drive hard :)

"I've also found you get to a point when you *know* you could win if you didn't make any stoopid errors, so when you get to that point, you stick with your choice of wheels and drive hard"

Yep, that's what I do...or switch to another car that can't win and start working my way up with that one. I try to put off the winning as long as possible, and I don't want to win until I've really "earned" it.

They could actually pretty easily throw in an apt prize car with these events
kinda surprised they don't, or perhaps one for golding every race

Yep, theres plenty of them in the ucd

Wait... What? You're sad that these races are repeatable? Care to elaborate how that can be a bad thing? Does it distract yiu from rubberband-glitching Indy? ;)

LOL'd

I Used my Miura (BEAST)... But switched to my Racing mod Camaro & Shelby GT350R coz the Lambo Ripped the opposition a new one...
It was good to whip out some old classics. Nice one PD

I still don't understand why we don't get prize cars for the Swaziland. I used my Shelby GT350. I barely tuned it at all, and it made mincemeat of them. Great little car.

Wait... What? You're sad that these races are repeatable? Care to elaborate how that can be a bad thing? Does it distract yiu from rubberband-glitching Indy? ;)

I haven't even done Indy once yet.

I just prefer the five-race, 250k XP format for Seasonal Events over the repeatable kind.

I just wish they made an actual championship an option with a prize car and or just equal XP payout to the 5 races together. 427 Cobra stock everything on Sports Softs was enjoyable but kept me on edge. fast enough to catch up after I spun a few times. also, really wish my horn had an effect on the AI, they continually cut me off or swerve toward me if the racing line tells them too. that's freaking scary when I'm going for a clean race.

http://www.mygranturismo.net/car_sheet.php?id=231 Ginetta G4 is my car of choice here and what a brilliant little car it is... You big HP guys just make these events far too easy.
Kaz should include a "Just give me the money and XP" button for you... same goes for the rubber banding crowd ;)

"Earn it?? EARN IT ??? I'm gen-y !! Just give it to me FFS."

well i only had two eligible cars under premium, and the Cobra seemed like the fun option. I did try to challenge myself though, so no way to your cash and xp button.

well i only had two eligible cars under premium, and the Cobra seemed like the fun option. I did try to challenge myself though, so no way to your cash and xp button.

Just pick up the Cosmo from the OCD. You'll earn it back with a single race and it's a fun car for these events. I highly recommend it!

I first tried them with the Mecury Cougar XR-7 '67 and found that too easy so then switched to the Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10A) '67. That made it a more challenging race. I ran both cars stock.

Overall I think if they rewards were about $90,000 for the last race at the Eifel circuit, then you would have some options and make you think about using the Eifel or the "Like the Wind" for those times you need some simoleans to tune a new car.

A chance to enjoy hooning and drifting my Cobra to add fun to the boredom of grinding. Completed only the first three at the moment, this race is pretty interesting.

The power recommendation seems to be way off. The AI cars are supposed to be 500pp but in reality they're closer to 300. I won most tracks with a 130bhp Alfa- slow enough to enjoy some good racing but still fairly easy because the AI can't do corners quickly. Couldn't do Tokyo or Monza with that car though because everything else was so much faster on the long straights but 200 BHP was more than enough for them.

Happy I got a chance to drive the 427 Cobra and my old Alfa breadvan looking thing. The 427 is a squirmy beast and the Alfa was spectacular.

The power recommendation seems to be way off. The AI cars are supposed to be 500pp but in reality they're closer to 300. I won most tracks with a 130bhp Alfa- slow enough to enjoy some good racing but still fairly easy because the AI can't do corners quickly. Couldn't do Tokyo or Monza with that car though because everything else was so much faster on the long straights but 200 BHP was more than enough for them.

With 500pp you should be way beyond 200BPH or using racing soft tyres or something. I think most of the AI cars are actually driving 400pp cars, just like the event's description says.

With 500pp you should be way beyond 200BPH or using racing soft tyres or something. I think most of the AI cars are actually driving 400pp cars, just like the event's description says.

I agree, and they don't drive those 400pp cars very well either. We should all know that by now and move beyond it. In my limited racing in this series, I'm finding a car around 400pp or a bit lower, 130-150hp, sports hards or mediums, is going to be about right for for a good race at my particular skill level.

I used my 1963 corvette. I think these races are very fun and give us the opportunity to dig out some old cars to race with. 👍

Back