World classic car series REWARDS.

• Thread starter sr16ve n1
  • 58 comments
N15-VZR-N1
Here are the rewards for the races. i didn't note down the xp from the 1st 3races but i remember it was around those no.

Cape Ring: $61,400 - 12,000xp - 12,500xp
Laguna Seca: $62,500 -12xxxxp
Monza: $65,300 - 12xxxxp - 13xxxxp
Tokyo R256: $68,000 - 13,500xp
Eifel: $71,200 - 14,300xp

Eh, that's actually not too bad for cash rewards. And it gives you a chance to dig out some cool, old cars.

Normally I like the Seasonals, or at least have no complaints, no matter how bipolar Kaz haz made them. This time though, they seem a little weak and you can't blame it on me out horsepowering the competition, because there's only supposed to be 50 PP between me and the rest at most. However, on the first race, I lapped half the other guys and on the second, I had the race won before I even reached the Corkscrew.

Less satisfying than cold oatmeal...

I used the Lamno Miura P400 Bertone car with no driving aids and comfort sport tires and took the lead on the last lap. Was a little surprised that the awards didn't stack but since you can repeat the races it's all good.

Normally I like the Seasonals, or at least have no complaints, no matter how bipolar Kaz haz made them. This time though, they seem a little weak and you can't blame it on me out horsepowering the competition, because there's only supposed to be 50 PP between me and the rest at most. However, on the first race, I lapped half the other guys and on the second, I had the race won before I even reached the Corkscrew.

Less satisfying than cold oatmeal...

So, why did you not think it through to the end and try with actually equal cars/PPs? Or, dare I say it, ... inferior cars?

I honestly can't understand how people moan about a race being too easy when they themselves can make it hard. There's certainly no lack for cars that will make the races a challenge.

For endurance races, that's halfway understandable, because people don't want to "risk" losing the race after multiple hours, when they maybe need a certain minimum amount of credits/race, if they are currently collecting cars from the UCD. But for the Seasonals, this argument just doesn't hold up.

So, why did you not think it through to the end and try with actually equal cars/PPs? Or, dare I say it, ... inferior cars?

I honestly can't understand how people moan about a race being too easy when they themselves can make it hard. There's certainly no lack for cars that will make the races a challenge.

For endurance races, that's halfway understandable, because people don't want to "risk" losing the race after multiple hours, when they maybe need a certain minimum amount of credits/race, if they are currently collecting cars from the UCD. But for the Seasonals, this argument just doesn't hold up.

👍👍👍 agreed.

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar 👍

I ran the Cape Ring this morning before I headed into work, used a tweaked up '69 Camaro and it was good fun, i like this kind of theme. I just wish we could download these kind of seasonal events so they would be a permanent event to our game. Just a thought...have fun

Great post sir. You won a cookie.

Yeah, Kaz an company put some seriously competitive cars in this one, so my argument is moot because I didn't use a detuned Honda S500? Puh-lease... The '54 Corvette? I could walk faster than that thing. It's not just my tuning that made it a poor race. YOUR argument just doesn't hold up...

Yeah, Kaz an company put some seriously competitive cars in this one, so my argument is moot because I didn't use a detuned Honda S500? Puh-lease... The '54 Corvette? I could walk faster than that thing. It's not just my tuning that made it a poor race. YOUR argument just doesn't hold up...

If you're lapping opponents and overtaking the whole field before the first lap, you're clearly not using an appropriate car/tuning/tire combination. If you're trying to argue that it wasn't a close race but that's not your fault, I'm not sure who you're trying to blame, as the game is just following a set of programmed parameters. You have far and away the most control over what car you're entering.

If you're lapping opponents and overtaking the whole field before the first lap, you're clearly not using an appropriate car/tuning/tire combination. If you're trying to argue that it wasn't a close race but that's not your fault, I'm not sure who you're trying to blame, as the game is just following a set of programmed parameters. You have far and away the most control over what car you're entering.

It's not that difficult for it to detect what car you are entering and for PD to adjust the competitor cars with upgrades to bring the PPs for the opponents up closer to your specs; this is what I expect, and what they keep failing to deliver on.

It's not that difficult for it to detect what car you are entering and for PD to adjust the competitor cars with upgrades to bring the PPs for the opponents up closer to your specs; this is what I expect, and what they keep failing to deliver on.

I think they're trying to encourage players to use a variety of machines in a variety of configurations rather than buying every upgrade you can and running every car fully tuned on Race Soft tires.

Honestly it shouldn't be that difficult for players to just moderate their own behavior. If they can't moderate their behavior, I'm not sure why they then complain that the races were a blow out. If you show up to a Super GT Race in a Suzuki Escudo and then complain that they're not keeping up...it's not really their fault.

I think they're trying to encourage players to use a variety of machines in a variety of configurations rather than buying every upgrade you can and running every car fully tuned on Race Soft tires.

Honestly it shouldn't be that difficult for players to just moderate their own behavior.

I hardly mean fully upgrading anything, it's just the majority of these pre-1970 cars range too wildly, none of them are anywhere near each other in performance levels. I ran a '63 corvette lightly upgrade with sport hard tires, fully custom suspension (because I hate the sloppy handling), sport clutch and sport flywheel... that was it and pretty much dominated all five races. The car was still far below the 550pp mark threshold, I'd just expect the AI to be able to compensate the competitors a little more in this regard. I don't have all day to spend figuring out which is the minimalist configuration I can win a race with that would make it fun for a low payout event... cost benefit analysis says fail.

I hardly mean fully upgrading anything, it's just the majority of these pre-1970 cars range too wildly, none of them are anywhere near each other in performance levels. I ran a '63 corvette lightly upgrade with sport hard tires, fully custom suspension (because I hate the sloppy handling), sport clutch and sport flywheel... that was it and pretty much dominated all five races. The car was still far below the 550pp mark threshold, I'd just expect the AI to be able to compensate the competitors a little more in this regard. I don't have all day to spend figuring out which is the minimalist configuration I can win a race with that would make it fun for a low payout event... cost benefit analysis says fail.

The simple act of installing and tuning the suspension though probably made a major difference. I totally understand about hating the sloppy handling, but a suspension upgrade can remove several seconds per lap. Even if those changes aren't reflected in the PP system, they'll still make you faster.

EDIT - And just for the record, there are times that I'd like to see the AI step it up, because I am in the same boat. I try and enter competitive vehicles and sometime they're still a blow out. Still, I don't want a crutch. I'd rather pick something on the lower side of performance and then be pushed to win. If I find myself winning by the first lap, I'll often exit and go add in some ballast or switch to another car (or if the car is not stock, reset it close to stock).

EDIT #2 - Someone just posted a short list here of possible entrants...definitely plenty of options to make the racing close.

Last edited:
It's a challenge if you make it so. Each their own. I ran the Mt Aso with the Schwimmwagen(done up) & took the lead on the 4th lap. Lots of fun. You don't have to blast around track at breakneck speed. Sometimes it more challenging to go slow.

I agree that the game should adjust itself to match your car. There are some cars in the came that could have given a serious run for the money that are pre-1970. The XJ-13, the GT40, MkIV, the '63 Vette RM and the Ferrari off hand would have made a much better race than the lawn mowers they did put in there. Yes, I know they wanted the PP to be even across the board, but these are some of the weakest cars in the game.

The fact that I was lapping people within the constrictions of the race shows how flawed it is in the first place. PD set the standards for the race. If they wanted an even race, they could have made it more even without having to restrict myself. In fact, I DID restrict myself because I had to to enter the race.

Why should I have to lower myself to race them? Let them raise the bar, not lower it. Why do they cater to the lowest common denominator rather than making it a REAL challenge?

I am not slamming PD here, but they really could have done a better job.

Last edited:

Beacause the terrible AI system in GT5 makes the game less realistic than it needs to be, and that makes it usatisfying to play when you have to use a car which is acctually alot slower than your opponents cars. I mean, what is the point in having the restrictions when you can still lap the opposition with a car that is within the restricted limit ???? Please, let us whine without being corrected all the time

Why do you guys feel the need to turn every single thread into a complain/defend thread? Complain about or defend the game all your want but can't these threads be kept on topic? This thread was simply letting people know the rewards for this weeks seasonals, take your arguments to the many other threads that already exist.

Why do you guys feel the need to turn every single thread into a complain/defend thread? Complain about or defend the game all your want but can't these threads be kept on topic? This thread was simply letting people know the rewards for this weeks seasonals, take your arguments to the many other threads that already exist.

It's not a complain/defend thing. It's a discuss politely how things might have been improved thing. Why do you feel the need to rag about other people's conversations?

And yes, the thread did get hijacked and that's probably my fault. Not intentional...

Last edited:
It's not a complain/defend thing. It's a discuss politely how things might have been improved thing. Why do you feel the need to rag about other people's conversations?

And yes, the thread did get hijacked and that's probably my fault. Not intentional...

Simple. Because seeing thread after thread being hijacked by the off topic debate team gets old. That and I am bored, and the responses entertain me. :cheers:

Back