World Event: Amuse 350Z Challenge ->700PP Fuji Speedway -> xx:53 / xx:23

• Thread starter vinster
  • 164 comments
Netherlands
Almere, Holland
GTHQ_davinci
After some requests we go to Fuji Speedway with the 350Z.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
I didn't tried the Amuse on Fuji yet, but i don't think we can put more then two races in one hour, so I kept the same time schedule.

Because where about >3 weeks away before the next update, I thought we could kick off a fastest lap ranking. :) Let's make two rankings; one for clean laps and one for slipstream/draft laps. Please keep it fair.:cheers:

PS. Fastest "clean" lap must be done in practice mode. Thanks in advance.๐Ÿ‘:cheers:

FASTEST LAP LEADER BOARD (CLEAN):
01. 1.39.651 --> GTP_spyrrai1
02. 1.39.706 --> OCT 262
03. 1.39.708 --> solarr-GTLMsquad
04. 1.39.719 --> GTHQ_davinci
05. 1.39.767 --> GTP_Theewar
06. 1.39.782 --> jpro01
07. 1.40.169 --> GTP_Cico
08. 1.40.401 --> GTP_Welsh-Bain
09. 1.40.802 --> GTP_Roomboter
10. 1.40.9xx --> Majic893
11. 1.42.133 --> GTP_BlacqueJack

FASTEST LAP LEADER BOARD (WITH DRAFT):
01. 1.39.7xx --> OCT 262

Race details:
*Amuse Nissan 350Z RS
*Must be 700PP
*No clutch allowed
*Tyres R3
*Time :53 / :23

xeigen-formula-aerodynamic-program-nissan-350z-6.jpg
f1.jpn.gif

If you guy's have any comments or requests too make the event better, just let me know.๐Ÿ‘

Last edited:
Oh it went official!

Not sure if the people I've been up against are the best, I'm certainly not, but this little car can mix it with the elise and cali any day. Or at least in my experience. Maybe if i couldnt get a tow it'd be a different matter. After all hot laps are one thing, racing is quite another ;)

By the way, thanks to Twistybits for your suspension work. Currently using that plus my own revised gear setup. Thanks ๐Ÿ‘

Just did a race with the car and Twistybits suspension setup with my own camber, toe, ride height and gearing. Most stable setup I've driven on a 700PP car at Suzuka. If it wasn't for the Tuned 111R, I would have won by a huge margin, instead of finishing 2nd by less than 5 seconds.

I think my fastest lap was a 2'02.833 and this was without any help from the draft. Which is a second faster than I had done in any previous setup

This event runs all day everyday? I have entered at :53 and :23 a few times and haven't seen a Z yet. I guess its just hit or miss on meeting up with people that read these forums?

I'm just 1 sec off my best time with this Z. I like this car, nice handling. It feels more in control than the California, smoother driving. :)

Hope these race times pick up some momentum. Be great to see a grid full of 350Z's!

Now, I just need to get up to speed and consistently too! ;)

This event runs all day everyday? I have entered at :53 and :23 a few times and haven't seen a Z yet. I guess its just hit or miss on meeting up with people that read these forums?

I'm just 1 sec off my best time with this Z. I like this car, nice handling. It feels more in control than the California, smoother driving. :)

I will be in later, sorry don't get the time, is that 00:23 and 00:53?

Yes, you can race this event whenever you like, at 00:23 and 00:53.๐Ÿ‘

Coming closer to the weekend, I hope to see packed grids.:cheers:

Just want to thank everyone (jh001, Chris, Risotto, Cpt. Roh, Vinster, GTPorsche, BlacqueJacques, and probably a few more) for giving my suspension setup a try. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Thanks guys!

I do think the springs are backward on *every* car, something I noticed about three weeks after GT5P came out (Spec I), and that I've found in every car I've tuned since then. This car is particularly extreme with the spring/shock settings, most cars not so much. When you're tuning next time, you might give the idea a try, and see if you get the result you want.

Now, it's time for me to get back on track. :) Thanks again!

Last edited:
i think this evening i'll try 350z.. have you some suggestions for car setup? thanks and see you soon in race!!!!

Try Twisty's Tune: Nice one, 350Z turns really sharp, only thing is that i find the rear of the car i little too lose for me. but every tune is personal right.:)

QUOTE:TwistyBits
For what it's worth, I thought I'd post my 350Z tune. Once again, it's a TwistyTune in that I still believe PD has the spring rates reversed. This car seems a little challenging to get to rotate, but this tune seems manage it, and feels especially good through T1/T2, IMHO. Ya, know, I think this thing's got gription!!

Nissan 350Z/Tuned: Suzuka 700PP

HP: 447
Weight: 1232
Tires: R3 R3
Aero: 5 14
Height: -10 0
Spring: 10 1
Shock: 3 9
Toe: -.10 -.15
Camber: 2.5 2.5
Bias: 5 8
TCS: 0
ABS: 1
1st: 3.206
2nd: 2.326
3rd: 1.642
4th: 1.273
5th: 1.044
6th: 0.875
Final: 3.538

Last edited:
Try Twisty's Tune: Nice one, 350Z turns really sharp, only thing is that i find the rear of the car i little too lose for me. but every tune is personal right.:)

lol... and I think you tweaked the gearbox, as well! Great race!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ It's a good thing the draft is so strong, or there was no hope for me. :dunce: I may have to try a 6-speed setup. I also think I'd agree that it's a little loose, so I dropped the rear toe back to -.05, and the rear camber to 2.0. Seems better. Thanks for pointing that out.

pdq101, excellent racing, mate! You've got a lot of patience, puting up with being stuck behind me. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Good fun with Welsh-Bain, as well! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Last edited:
Had some good racin' today. Initially at :00 and :30 with Rutter, Solarr and Jpr01 as :23 and :53 was quiet, then switched to these times and had some good races again with Twisty, Davinci and pdq101. Hoping to see everyone on these times soon with full grids, although I'm still lacking some ability! LOL :)

Thx to all who waited for me throughout the day and nice to see my first 2'01, albeit drafting Twisty and Davinci!! Thx guys. ;)

P.S I'm running a TTT (Tweeked Twisty Tune) with a 6 speed gearbox which appeared to have the advantage in a few places over your 5 speed Twisty?

There is no Amuze 350Z. I guess you mean the 350Z/Tuned, right? Anyway, i'm up for some races at :23 and :53 coming up now. Look out for pj-gm.

Well, I went at :23, but I didn't end up with any Z's. Instead, I'm in a 8 car race, everyone else in Suzuki Cappuccino HP/Tuned!!!:lol: I didn't go and pull away like that, I just stayed behind them and watched. Nice entertainment.

lol... and I think you tweaked the gearbox, as well! Great race!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ It's a good thing the draft is so strong, or there was no hope for me. :dunce: I may have to try a 6-speed setup. I also think I'd agree that it's a little loose, so I dropped the rear toe back to -.05, and the rear camber to 2.0. Seems better. Thanks for pointing that out.

pdq101, excellent racing, mate! You've got a lot of patience, puting up with being stuck behind me. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Good fun with Welsh-Bain, as well! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Thnx Twisty, pdq101 and Welsh-Bain voor the great races.๐Ÿ‘ These 350Z are good for some some close racing at Suzuka, nice.
@Twisty after running some practiselaps with your tune i went back to mine and changed a lot of things: raised the rear by 7 point, changed the suspension and the brake balans. You gave me a few more ๐Ÿ’ก to work with, thnx for that.:cheers: And for my gratitude I wil share my tune, fasted lap in free practice run was a 2.00.9xx.

Power: +14
Weight: 85%

Tyres: R3 / R3
Aero: 5 / 14
Height: -14 / -7
Springs: 6 / 8
Dampers: 2 / 4
Toe: -0.08 / +0.04
Camber: 2.2 / 1.9
Brakes: 6 / 9
Torque: -
Steering angle: 45
TCS: OFF
ABS: 1

1st: 3206
2nd: 2044
3rd: 1539
4th: 1262
5th: 1024
6th: 0876
Final: 4107

There is no Amuze 350Z. I guess you mean the 350Z/Tuned, right? Anyway, i'm up for some races at :23 and :53 coming up now. Look out for pj-gm.

You mean the Amuse/Opera Performance Gran Turismo 350Z RS, but it is Tuned, so you got a point there.:)
Btw, first I also thought it was the 350Z/Tuned. :lol:

Last edited:
Thnx Twisty, pdq101 and Welsh-Bain voor the great races.๐Ÿ‘ These 350Z are good for some some close racing at Suzuka, nice.
@Twisty after running some practiselaps with your tune i went back to mine and changed a lot of things: raised the rear by 7 point, changed the suspension and the brake balans. You gave me a few more ๐Ÿ’ก to work with, thnx for that.:cheers: And for my gratitude I wil share my tune, fasted lap in free practice run was a 2.00.9xx.

Vinster; thanks for sharing your tune! It also gave me more ๐Ÿ’ก of what to try. Your gearbox is definitely better and I managed to knock 0.1 off my best time on the second lap with it, about 0.3 once I was used to it. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ There must be significant differences in driving style though, as I was still 0.6 slower with your tune vs. my tune (I can only do a 2'02.3 with yours). Very interesting. One thing I noticed is that you seem to be able to make the draft pass work much better than I can, in fact, I think I had no luck actually getting by, only getting alongside by the braking zone, even when it appeared that I come off the corner with a little extra speed. Clearly, I've got things to learn regarding getting the best out of the car. Thanks again for sharing! :)

Last edited:
Back