World Event: Fuji 700PP 10 laps | Any car | xx:00 /:30

• Thread starter EL_ZISSOU
  • 701 comments
I've had some good races too. Saw Sig and I left him for dust.....Oh yeah!!

asiankiddance.gif

Alright I have a dumb question to ask. I see a lot of you guys talking about the total race time, but I just can't seem to find where it is. Am I doing something wrong, or am I just blind?

This event is sweet! 5 laps is just right

Just had a nice 9 player race, with mostly Japanese guys

GT-R was dominant. Top 4 was all GT-R, with me in 3rd :sly:

Alright I have a dumb question to ask. I see a lot of you guys talking about the total race time, but I just can't seem to find where it is. Am I doing something wrong, or am I just blind?

lol It shows up for everyone who has finished on the Final Posistion Grid that comes up after you cross the finish line.

EDIT: Or atleast, I hope it does for you too. :)

I think you need HDTV to see total times

That would explain it, as I am positive that it doesn't show up at the end of the my races. That explanation really doesn't make sense to me, though. Can anyone else confirm this HDTV thing?

I find that weird! So the game itself is programmed to display different things depending on SD or HD? Is there anything else within the game that differs between SD and HD?

Yes, I had to race with a small screen CRT TV a little while back and I seem to remember the track detail was much lower and not just because the res is lower like actually removing things as well as lower detail textures. You will see if you put the analogue screen connector into your hdtv instead of hdmi.

Just had a nice race in a GT-R where I was 2nd until the 4th lap and made a mistake, then had to battle with the 3rd palce Japanese guy in an f430. We both entered the straight side by side and stayed that way until the flag, he beat me by 1 feet if that :D

Did 5 races last night starting at various positions on the grid but every single race time was 8'13. Fastest lap in free air for me is 1'37.6 but mostly I'm doing 1'37.8's & 1'37.9. Also the quality of racing has been really good lately, even when I braked too late for the cars in front (different references for different cars) and rear ended a couple of them I slowed and they immediately realised I must be waiting for them to get back in shape and continue where we left off.

I've enjoyed having a few little races this week.Also there's another ramming German who's name I've forgotted (not Seigmund) who is now driving really fast and clean and is a pleasure to race. I'll look him up later and edit this.

Edit: Papnase, he is OK to race now.

Last edited:
davissi I wish you were right about papanase but only today there was some deliberate ramming on me in our first few races but after that raced properly, even nudging me forward on the straight sometimes. I guess I got in his/her good books somehow.

I'm a few posts late but I figured out why I couldn't see the overall race time. The TV doesn't have to be HD, it just has to be set to the 16:9 widescreen ratio. That doesn't really help me though because I have a 4:3 TV, and it looks like my TV has tunnel vision :lol:.

I'm a few posts late but I figured out why I couldn't see the overall race time. The TV doesn't have to be HD, it just has to be set to the 16:9 widescreen ratio. That doesn't really help me though because I have a 4:3 TV, and it looks like my TV has tunnel vision :lol:.

You should buy a HD tv before you buy GT5:tup:

davissi I wish you were right about papanase but only today there was some deliberate ramming on me in our first few races but after that raced properly, even nudging me forward on the straight sometimes. I guess I got in his/her good books somehow.

One of those drivers who uses the side of your car so he can get round a bend and overtake you at the same time coming from too far back (as in if you were not there he would never make it round the bend) in the process ramming you right off the track.

Also goes right off the track using the run off areas constantly to gain time

Terrible driving 👎

One of those drivers who uses the side of your car so he can get round a bend and overtake you at the same time coming from too far back (as in if you were not there he would never make it round the bend) in the process ramming you right off the track.

Also goes right off the track using the run off areas constantly to gain time

Terrible driving
👎

I would kill to have some kitty litter out there instead of pavement.
A lot of peoples 1'37's would quickly turn into 39's or 40's after they jump OFF THE TRACK at one of the several places per lap they are use to doing it.

A lot of peoples 1'37's would quickly turn into 39's or 40's after they jump OFF THE TRACK at one of the several places per lap they are use to doing it.

The five-seconds-of-no-power penalty (what you get when you wallride at HSR) would work too.

I can't say I'm never out there, but I can say I'm not out there deliberately looking for speed.

Over the past few days it seems like everyone has been ramming just to win or stop you from getting past. I have tried dearly to get out of the way of some drivers and just had no choice to do some ramming of my own when everyone wants to take the P*ss.

Apologies to Mars_Attacks for ramming you quite a few times on Sat. I was having a bit of fun with it because we were both ramming each other, but on my part I was fustrated and I quit the game shortly after another race because of the same thing so I'm placing no blame.

Now for those of us who reply in this thread and race with each other, could we start at the times 00 - 15 - 30 - 45 Mins past or is it something that no one is bothered about. I'm in at those times but there are very few of us that stick to these times, so I wonder if it is due to others ramming, cutting corners, using you as a barrier when going around a corners or just cant be bothered?

I hope things will get better out there but if not then I will be quitting the race everytime If i'm being targeted. I'll just have to log in to my other psn account and do some punting therapy myself if that is the case.

It drives me insane when this happens. You work your ass off to try to get to the front and stay within the track so you slow down to make a clean turn. These drivers knows that they have the additional track (dirty) and therefore brakes much later. It's really annoying. I can understand if it's unitentional or when you are trying to avoid contact when you are side by side with another racer in a heated race. Using the over run to gain speed:tdown:!

I can't say I'm never out there, but I can say I'm not out there deliberately looking for speed.

That is what matters. When a guy enters Turn 1 in a GT-R and the throttle is wide open before he is turned just makes me want to quit.

That is what matters. When a guy enters Turn 1 in a GT-R and the throttle is wide open before he is turned just makes me want to quit.

In defense to GTR drivers EERS, and I'm one of them. Depends on whose driving the GTR. Because some of us are on R1s, we brake fairly early just to make turn 1 properly. I can't say the same for all GTR driver though. Drivers that are behind me down the straight who are too close, I tend to move side way before braking just so they won't wreck by trying to avoid me. Even then some of them still try and draft me and end up wrecking me or themselves. It is really annoying when this happens. THE GTR IS A FAT PIG:scared::crazy::ouch:, please keep this in mind...:sly:

sorry for the double post!

Liz, apology accepted; that 1st turn is wild some times; I had no idea who hit me :lol:

Yes, I get frustrated when people use the green run off (last turn for example, or turn 1) to keep their lead.

With a full grid, I do not care so much about punters, as after being spun out its fun to see who you can catch up.

Back