World Event - GTP Event 03 Round 2 - 650PP Ferrari 599 Fuji 07/37

• Thread starter Synwraith
  • 48 comments
Thank you to Hyperspeed, TwistyBits, Eriba, Evo8Doc and MJH for some great racing tonight. Twisty, I'm really sorry for the hit at the chicane, you didn't need to let me pass it was all my fault. A gentleman you are as always 👍

Carl, great win mate, my partner in crime JvM and I had some drama with a clio at the start so we waited for each other. I went from last to 3rd so was ecstatic about that one. I was catching you at nearly 0.5 a lap, so if the race was 48 laps long...You woulda been TOAST!

:lol:

Excellent race man, hope to see you on track again soon. And a massive thank you to Madison, Hugo, Jukka, Phil (x2), Dan, Kev and Ian for helping me get competitive in this combo. :bowdown:

All the best
Maz

Good race despite I was 1 min behind every one :)

My best lap was 1:48:320 - I was loosing about 5s every lap :/ - any set-up ?;)

I quit earlier as I was sick of being punted by fools in Clio's and WRX's. :ouch:

But the last 3 or 4 made up for that. Some nice racing. 👍

:cheers:

Edit, You dont have to thank me Maz, just be sure to post the cheque. :mischievous:

I joined just now and seemed to be a nuisance to especially JvM for which I'm terribly sorry. Please know it's my noobness in driving not trying to be an *ss ...

Hope you lot will endure me during other online racing events :D

No worries at all mate, actually I'm not sure if I remember at all any of that. :D

Just had some great racing with y'all in my 512BB. I hope I didn't mess up anyone's event. I'm using the Dutch Customs tune and this car is a dream. The DC Clio is so good it's almost not fair. Thanks for the clean pro racing guys. 👍

Thank you to Hyperspeed, TwistyBits, Eriba, Evo8Doc and MJH for some great racing tonight. Twisty, I'm really sorry for the hit at the chicane, you didn't need to let me pass it was all my fault. A gentleman you are as always 👍

Carl, great win mate, my partner in crime JvM and I had some drama with a clio at the start so we waited for each other. I went from last to 3rd so was ecstatic about that one. I was catching you at nearly 0.5 a lap, so if the race was 48 laps long...You woulda been TOAST!

:lol:

Excellent race man, hope to see you on track again soon. And a massive thank you to Madison, Hugo, Jukka, Phil (x2), Dan, Kev and Ian for helping me get competitive in this combo. :bowdown:

All the best
Maz

It's pretty smooth sailing when you start up front and get away cleanly ;)
So I can't take much credit for that race Maz--I had a very lucky, uneventful run that race. Thanks to JvM, Maz, Hyperspeed, MJH, Eriba, and others for what have been fun, clean races so far tonight :cheers:

Last edited:
Got slightly better - 1'47.100 but still - must look for some good set-up for 599.

JvM we got out of track once (first turn on 2nd lap) but I hope it wasn't my fault ? - I'm sorry if it was - racing noob here (only time trials) - hmm - that was probably my first race (3 races actually ;) ) with more than 1GTP member since I bought the game (december 2007) - online lobby system is the best in GT5: P...

AUSnicko09 - sorry but its already 2AM in here I couldn't join. Some other time.

I'm not going anywhere in this combo timewise. I just can't get it to work for me. I cant even manage to stay in the slipstream of Hyper and Duke of P. Last part with the curvy bits is horrible

I'm not going anywhere in this combo timewise. I just can't get it to work for me. I cant even manage to stay in the slipstream of Hyper and Duke of P. Last part with the curvy bits is horrible

Well timewise you're faster than me - check out the WRS leaderboard. :)

Well timewise you're faster than me - check out the WRS leaderboard. :)

Did you not see me fade away in your rear view mirror in the two races we had yesterday? Up to T2 it's fine but my last sector is horrible, just horrible. I can't find any lines or even brake points. :yuck:

Yet again, huge thanks to the AU/NZ Crowd and the many other usual racers who participated in more fantastic racing tonight. :cheers: guys and thanks again. 👍

No need to apologize, especially since I've had far worse there. :crazy: A bump is just close racing. I felt bad because I didn't see you coming up in my mirror till the last second, and I wasn't sure if I'd slammed the door.

I owe an apology to JvM, as I got it all crossed up and wrong right in front of him and likely ruined his whole race. Sorry for that. You were also quite the gentleman, waiting up for me, then sandbagging a few times when you got too far ahead. 👍

JvM we got out of track once (first turn on 2nd lap) but I hope it wasn't my fault ? - I'm sorry if it was - racing noob here (only time trials) - hmm - that was probably my first race (3 races actually ;) ) with more than 1GTP member since I bought the game (december 2007) - online lobby system is the best in GT5: P...

Yeah, I think you maybe didn't know that I was next to you. You touched me a little which made me touch the grass a little and there we went. :D It's allright, was an accident. 👍

Synwraith, I want to apologize for the center punching I gave you in the last turn. I was trailing by about 3 car lengths, maybe just close enough to draft you to the finish, so I was desperate to take a good line though the last corner. I saw you get it sideways, and I hesitated, not wanting to give up my line, to see if you'd go all the way 'round, or shoot across the line. However, you did a great job of holding the drift (albeit slowing quickly), and by then I was too late to the brakes. I waited a few secs for you to recover, but then saw traffic coming up from behind, and I thought we could at least finish ahead of them, so I took off, hopefully with you in tow. Not so. Sorry, my poor judgement.

Last edited:
Synwraith, I want to apologize for the center punching I gave you in the last turn. I was trailing by about 3 car lengths, maybe just close enough to draft you to the finish, so I was desperate to take a good line though the last corner. I saw you get it sideways, and I hesitated, not wanting to give up my line, to see if you'd go all the way 'round, or shoot across the line. However, you did a great job of holding the drift (albeit slowing quickly), and by then I was too late to the brakes. I waited a few secs for you to recover, but then saw traffic coming up from behind, and I thought we could at least finish ahead of them, so I took off, hopefully with you in tow. Not so. Sorry, my poor judgement.

Oh mate, absolutely no need to apologise. I have had nothing but superb and enjoyable, competitive races with you all week.

Very much looking forward to seeing you on track again soon :cheers:

All the best
Maz

Back