World Record GT Sport Platinum Trophy Speedrun Completed in 229 Hours

• Thread starter WestRoadZ
  • 78 comments
That was very impressive, watched some of the feed, did it help having the SSRX daily to keep doing, seems if you got the hang of the drafting and the timing you could pick up wins quite quickly? Also why were you using Horse Thief Mile in the lobbies between dailies?

Thinking I'll have to get to the platinum myself now, will need to tank my ratings to get the Sport Mode wins and poles though, just got the 322 races and I'm only at 11 wins and 4 poles!!

Also why were you using Horse Thief Mile in the lobbies between dailies?

Probably because that track together with the Streets layout has the highest Exp./Cr. payout per race. I remember having done some testing on this last year. The rewards are not the same for each track and you can see the differences by setting up a custom race. The game will then show you what the payout is going to be before you confirm to load the race.

@WestRoadZ You totally mad bastard!
Absolute proper respect mate, awesome show you've put on here. :bowdown: 👍
Awesome job you crazy man!
Congratulations, you absolute nutter.

Thank you guys! It was a hell of a time and hope you enjoyed the final stint! More crazy GT runs in the future :lol::cheers::gtpflag:

I also got the Platinium a long time ago.

But for me it took ages, and to be honest it felt like a big relief when I was finaly done.

Havent played the game since lol. IMO there are so much other Sims that are so much better than GT, but I think I have some kind of OCD so I must complete all these games lol :-)
Anyway its and impresive task you did. Very well done, and big congrats :cheers: :gtpflag:👍

I'm definitely feeling that relief from completing it now!

I really enjoyed the long run so I might start looking into other racing games to speedrun in the future but for right now I'm going to stick to the Gran Turismo series.

Thanks man :cheers:

Right now while you're on this circuit it's as if yesterday's Nurburgring 24 hour is still ongoing. Only, you're more than 200 hours further into your run than that.
This is impressive.

Edit: That last race was on the 24hr layout. If you need to do a lap of the Nordschleife that'll be a different layout.
That's a guess based on previous GT games. I've never actually played GT Sport.

Edit again: Well done, that was a mammoth thing to do. 👍
That's correct. Irritatingly, you don't get the trophy for doing the Circuit Experience at the track either...

That was annoying! I was so tired and confused as to what I had missed I was starting to think the Platinum Trophy glitched and I would never get it. Fortunately, I just had to do 1 more lap around Nordschleife :lol:

Thanks man! Glad you could tune in to that panic of an ending there :lol::cheers:

Also:

View attachment 961246

That's when the Platinum popped. You can't actually see it, because system messages are censored by the console on the inbuilt PS stream.

Thanks again for tuning in! It was an incredible time having the community come in and support me for last few days of the run! :D:gtpflag::gtplanet:

Come on dude, sync your trophies already :D Can't see you as the fastest Platinum achiever on PSN Profiles yet :cheers:

Synced and up on PSNTrophies now! Thanks for sticking around from the beginning of planning till the end of the run mate! :cheers:

Holy crap. Already?

It honestly felt like one long continuous day :lol: But we did it! Thanks man! :D

That was very impressive, watched some of the feed, did it help having the SSRX daily to keep doing, seems if you got the hang of the drafting and the timing you could pick up wins quite quickly? Also why were you using Horse Thief Mile in the lobbies between dailies?

Thinking I'll have to get to the platinum myself now, will need to tank my ratings to get the Sport Mode wins and poles though, just got the 322 races and I'm only at 11 wins and 4 poles!!

Before I had gotten to SSRX I had already completed the 91 wins and 65 poles I needed for the trophies. So, the SSRX Daily Race was good and bad. The good being in how short the race was so after I could get more experience farming completed between Daily Races. Also, it's just straight so I could just cruise along and do other things like eat or rest for a couple minutes. I overestimated my abilities with driving straight while tired and hit the wall multiple times which took the Clean Race bonus and streak away 🤬

The Horse Thief Mile experience farming was the fastest way I found to gain experience between Daily Races. During the routing of the run I knew after I finished everything in Campaign Mode and did all the achievements I would still need to gain experience in the 7-8 minutes between Daily Races. I found that the HTM farming was the quickest and most experience I could earn. It took a couple hours a day for a week to figure out where and how to do the laps around the track but that's about how that came to be.

For sure go for it! It's such a rewarding trophy to earn especially after how many people have completed it!

It didn't go down in flames like you wanted and for a while I was thinking about if the power cut off you'd be having a laugh over here :lol: But turned out great and glad you could make it mate! Looks exactly how I wanted on Fastest Achievers too! Thanks for the little added boost even though I knew you were joking :cheers:

Great job @WestRoadZ 👍.

My favourite part was when that dude nearly gave you a heart attack when he told you someone else had done an impossible time for you to get.... when you were right near the end. It was such a cruel joke to play... but yet so funny when he admitted he was just having you on :D

Great job @WestRoadZ 👍.

My favourite part was when that dude nearly gave you a heart attack when he told you someone else had done an impossible time for you to get.... when you were right near the end. It was such a cruel joke to play... but yet so funny when he admitted he was just having you on :D

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks man! I know though! I was already so tired I would have believed anything :lol: That had me legitimately wondering how I missed not seeing that and trying to do the math if I could still beat that 'World record' if I didn't sleep anymore :boggled::lol:

Speedrun, 229 hours !!! It's more a Speed(but a long one)run. Good job :cheers:

- speedrun.com - This is an "unofficial" speedrun website with all records, rankings, etc... All speedrun shows/events use this website to save times.

Edit: I just seen you already know the website

Speedrun, 229 hours !!! It's more a Speed(but a long one)run. Good job :cheers:

- speedrun.com - This is an "unofficial" speedrun website with all records, rankings, etc... All speedrun shows/events use this website to save times.

Edit: I just seen you already know the website

Thanks mate I appreciate it! You’re right it should just be called a Long Run :lol: Let's just hope no one tries to beat it now! :cheers:

I’m a bit late to the party but extra Kudos to you sir!!!!

I love reading the thread in one go, most people were pessimistic to start with and by page 3 everyone is rooting for you and just blown away that you actually did it.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Very impressive! Huge congrats!

I shall now have to finally bite the bullet and go for the endurance run to finally finish off my 3 trophies on the Platinum road (91 Wins, Level 50 and the Max Drift points one).

I’m a bit late to the party but extra Kudos to you sir!!!!

I love reading the thread in one go, most people were pessimistic to start with and by page 3 everyone is rooting for you and just blown away that you actually did it.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Thanks man it was awesome the support at the end! I loved it :cheers:

Very impressive! Huge congrats!

I shall now have to finally bite the bullet and go for the endurance run to finally finish off my 3 trophies on the Platinum road (91 Wins, Level 50 and the Max Drift points one).

Thank you and you should definitely go for it! You feel so good being the few that have actually completed the game!

Thanks man it was awesome the support at the end! I loved it :cheers:

Thank you and you should definitely go for it! You feel so good being the few that have actually completed the game!

Yes I am going to try and finish this off this weekend!

Just one question on the XP grind front but how many laps were you doing of Blue Moon Bay or did you just set the race to Custom and maximum allowed as that's the main part of the grind I am gonna focus on first?

Yes I am going to try and finish this off this weekend!

Just one question on the XP grind front but how many laps were you doing of Blue Moon Bay or did you just set the race to Custom and maximum allowed as that's the main part of the grind I am gonna focus on first?

Sorry for the late response mate.

The race at Blue Moon Bay can be found in the GT League Mode —> Professional League —> Premium Sports Lounge (First race of the series) :cheers:

Sorry for the late response mate.

The race at Blue Moon Bay can be found in the GT League Mode —> Professional League —> Premium Sports Lounge (First race of the series) :cheers:

Tis ok! I found it myself and have started the grind, I am about 15% through grinding Level 48 as have been distracted a bit of late but hoping to get back to that grind tonight!

Hello again friends :)

As some of you may know, I did the GT Sport Platinum Trophy Speedrun last year in mid-September. Since, I've gone back and watched some of the later VODs from the run and found that the efficiency of the route was not as optimal as it could have been. Certain races, trophies and 2 missed alarms really extending the runs total time.

... at this point, if you couldn't already tell, I'm trying to find any excuse to run it again to try and beat it as no person or group has tried! :lol:

With that I will try and beat it again in September as I really enjoyed it last year. Doing the run once has given me heaps of data I can use to find those extra seconds:lol: needed to beat the WR.

If any of you were there for the last Platinum Trophy Speedrun and have any suggestion to improve it or the stream please let me know :cheers:

I'll be coming back regularly to update the OP with the new route, times and so forth :D

With that I will try and beat it again in September as I really enjoyed it last year. Doing the run once has given me heaps of data I can use to find those extra seconds:lol: needed to beat the WR.

If any of you were there for the last Platinum Trophy Speedrun and have any suggestion to improve it or the stream please let me know :cheers:
Use a PlayStation 5. It cuts about a third out of almost all loading times.

Use a PlayStation 5. It cuts about a third out of almost all loading times.

With availability at stores and the extreme cost from buying off private ads this doesn't seem like a viable option for me currently.

Ideally, I would love to try the run with the PS5! If anything comes up in the following months to where this can become a reality I will be sure to make an update here :)

With availability at stores and the extreme cost from buying off private ads this doesn't seem like a viable option for me currently.

Ideally, I would love to try the run with the PS5! If anything comes up in the following months to where this can become a reality I will be sure to make an update here :)
Bad luck you're not in SA. I enjoyed watching last time so I'd lend you mine.

Back