::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 3 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 357 comments

Where should the next Pre-Season race be?

• Laguna Seca

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Monza

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Nurburgring GP

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Daytona Road Course

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Circuit de la Sarthe

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Indianapolis Road Course

Votes: 10 15.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the specs of the car?

If you're having trouble buying a GT300 car, ask any of the entrants, im sure someone will be able to lend you one :) I would, but im pretty tied up with multiple trades right now.

Stock:
473hp 1100kg
can only add stiffener bars (20k) and turbos (all 3 levels, tier 3 bringing it to 571hp)
I believe all JGTC are technically considered Super GT, but i could be wrong

(The Cusco GT300 is considered JGTC)

Here is the list of all JGTC cars in GT5
Toyota Castrol TOM'S SUPRA (JGTC) '97

Nissan PENNZOIL Nismo GT-R (JGTC) '99

Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 (JGTC) '00
Nissan CALSONIC SKYLINE (JGTC) '00
Honda RAYBRIG NSX (JGTC) '00
Honda ARTA NSX (JGTC) '00
Honda Castrol MUGEN NSX (JGTC) '00
Nissan LOCTITE ZEXEL GT-R (JGTC) '00
Toyota DENSO SARD SUPRA GT (JGTC) '00
Toyota SUPERAUTOBACS APEX MR-S (JGTC) '00
Toyota Castrol TOM'S SUPRA (JGTC) '00

Honda LOCTITE MUGEN NSX (JGTC) '01
Honda Mobil 1 NSX (JGTC) '01
Nissan C-WEST RAZO SILVIA (JGTC) '01
Nissan PENNZOIL ZEXEL GT-R (JGTC) '01
Nissan XANAVI HIROTO GT-R (JGTC) '01
Toyota Castrol TOM'S SUPRA (JGTC) '01
Toyota au CERUMO Supra (JGTC) '01

Honda TAKATA DOME NSX (JGTC) '03
Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R (JGTC) '03
Subaru CUSCO SUBARU ADVAN IMPREZA (JGTC) '03
Toyota WEDSSPORT CELICA (JGTC) '03
Toyota WOODONE TOM'S SUPRA (JGTC) '03
Autobacs ARTA Garaiya (JGTC) '03

Nissan MOTUL PITWORK Z (JGTC) '04
RE Amemiya AMEMIYA ASPARADRINK RX7 (JGTC) '04

Well, the list on the first page are all premiums - new gen cars from 06-08 and one 05. We would like to keep the cars as up to date as much as the game would allow us to... but! If the majority thinks otherwise, we can always change it up.

But right now, you can go ahead and use it for the time being. Although save up some credits so you can acquire one of the premiums by the time the season starts :)

You should check out the Marketplace Section and trade some cars. Thats how i got all my Super GTs. Not a single credit spent :D i have all of them.

What time would I need to be inside to qualify as it stands now? Only getting to high 1.34's in gt300, don't know if its worth messing about submitting vids?

Get more practice in, its up to you when you want to submit. I'm not even sure if the grid will be full for one Race (Heat 1), at least as it looks like now. Hopefully, more people will show up. I think 1'34.xxx would probably relegate you somewhere in Heat 2.

Are you in GT300? If so, have you broken in your car yet?

Well, i thought we'd stay loyal (somehow) to the original and start the season at Suzuka :)

I will get some laps done and see what kinda of times i come up with. Or is everybody keeping that a secret?!

Masi you gotta edit me to DS3 from G25 as I haven't got a stand to mount the steering wheel yet :(

I will get some laps done and see what kinda of times i come up with. Or is everybody keeping that a secret?!

I can tell that I with my Lexus for GT500 has managed 1.31.1xx - that car sucks and I'm getting myself a Nissan later.

So far my lap for GT500 must be enough for the pole position since no one else has submitted any :D

@ Sonic - Yes on January 7.

Teams would be great, possibly 2 per team, but what if all 4 teams that qualified for GT300 had Artas? lol

@ Sonic - Yes on January 7.

Teams would be great, possibly 2 per team, but what if all 4 teams that qualified for GT300 had Artas? lol

ill be doing GT300 and have a subaru. would be interested in teaming with someone who has a subaru as well

Got a room up if anyone wants to log some laps.

1472 6118 3787 3246 7039 (closed)

Stuck at home, bad weather.

Last edited:
Just a couple of thoughts in mind...

What do you guys think about including some of the older Super GT cars? All of which are standards i believe. Also, the thought of banning soft and medium tires on race day? Lastly, length of race... 100km? 150km? 200km? 100km almost always equal somewhere around 20 laps just to give everyone an idea.

Just a couple of thoughts in mind...

What do you guys think about including some of the older Super GT cars? All of which are standards i believe. Also, the thought of banning soft and medium tires on race day? Lastly, length of race... 100km? 150km? 200km? 100km almost always equal somewhere around 20 laps just to give everyone an idea.

i dont think is it a good idea to have super gt cars and jgtc cars in the same race. i tryed out one of my jgtc cars toyota supra 97 (the only premium jgtc car) i think and it was very quick in corners i think it would be as quick as the nismo z in monaco. but it is very easy to drive so i think in a race it would have a advantage. i haveonly tested it a few laps so i migth be wrong. also i would not look very nice if there was standard cars in the race when you take pics of it. i like the idea of banning the soft tyres in the race and so make the race 150 km so you had the option of the medium and hard racing tyre. :)

Maybe we can select a few of them and do some testing? Do they feel a bit different to premium cars? Like Standard Physics on Prologue? I honestly have not driven a single standard car in GT5. Only the FGT. And as for the picture, yes, it's like that weird guy photo bombing your group pic with all his funny weird faces...

I think if we set the length to 30 or 40 laps, tires can be more of a factor. In terms of fuel, i tested and it takes about 55-60 laps to run out in Monaco :)

WoooHOOO!! :) Happy New Year to all BTW... I'm going to do my qualifying and tweaking tonight 👍

Don't include the older ones, because the I have wasted my money on the YellowHat GT-R ;)

To be more serious: Aren't the older ones faster? I know my '03 TAKATA DOME NSX is faster than the YellowHat GT-R. Just a thought.

And lastly: Where is everyone? I see over 60 drivers registered, but only 4 have submitted and got the replay reviewed.

i dont think is it a good idea to have super gt cars and jgtc cars in the same race. i tryed out one of my jgtc cars toyota supra 97 (the only premium jgtc car) i think and it was very quick in corners i think it would be as quick as the nismo z in monaco. but it is very easy to drive so i think in a race it would have a advantage. i haveonly tested it a few laps so i migth be wrong. also i would not look very nice if there was standard cars in the race when you take pics of it. i like the idea of banning the soft tyres in the race and so make the race 150 km so you had the option of the medium and hard racing tyre. :)

I dont think any tires should be banned.
Set a distance that requires at least 1-2 pit stops, let people strategise their tires/fuel/stop point accordingly
I'm for 200+ KM

Don't include the older ones, because the I have wasted my money on the YellowHat GT-R ;)

To be more serious: Aren't the older ones faster? I know my '03 TAKATA DOME NSX is faster than the YellowHat GT-R. Just a thought.

And lastly: Where is everyone? I see over 60 drivers registered, but only 4 have submitted and got the replay reviewed.

Well, i hit a snag and was on a mini-hiatus (PC Crashed). I received about 20 quali laps but i couldn't check them. When i was able to, half of them the game couldn't even read (And this was the day after the deadline). I postponed the Monaco race indefinitely and did not announce the new Qualifying deadline until about two days ago. Very short notice... and i think everyone is still in a bit of a New Year's hang over and forgot all about this thread :)

I think once we put in a couple more races on our belts, people will start to come back in... hopefully. I'll be happy if we can have atleast 12 participants this week. If that happens, we'll have 2 races of 25 laps of the same people :) I won't start the season until interest has grown up to at least 25 committed participants.

p.s. if anyone has time, please check the pending replays.

Pictures from a Session a few days ago...

Cote1.jpg

Wallpaper Size

Cote2.jpg

Wallpaper Size

Cote3.jpg

Wallpaper Size

Cote4.jpg

Wallpaper Size

Cote5.jpg

Wallpaper Size

Cote6.jpg

Wallpaper Size

Cote7-1.jpg

Wallpaper Size

All Rights Reserved to WSGTC ;)

Last edited:
My qualifying time is 4 hours, 27 minutes and 33 seconds. :)

I'll come and race, but I'd honestly rather just start at the back. No offense to Masi who is doing his best, but this has been going on for a long time without really going anywhere. I'd just like to get a race in without having to spend any more time hotlapping Monaco, which is possibly my least favourite track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back