::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 6 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,116 comments

Did you hear about the man who lost his whole left side?

• Total voters
Then we shall do it on race mode :)

Or we can split the field.

4 qualifies and 4 watches, etc.

Race mode, this means you can record the replay, that way you can check everyone's laps for being clean. I still think fewer driver on track is a better solution.

Have a suggestion on race format and points.

Check out this mock line up and layout:

Qualify order:

1. RacerA
2. RacerB
3. RacerC
4. RacerD
5. RacerE
6. RacerF
7. RacerG
8. RacerH
9. RacerI
10. RacerJ
11. RacerK
12. RacerL
13. RacerM
14. RacerN
15. RacerO
16. RacerP

Take this order and split it into two races that have the same points awarded. "Bonus Points for TQ of both classes"

Here is the proposed formats:

Race 1 aka Div 1.

1. RacerA(TQ) 2. RacerC

3. RacerE 4. RacerG

5. RacerI 6. RacerK

7. RacerM 8. RacerO

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Race 2 aka Div 2.

1. RacerB 2. RacerD

3. RacerF 4. RacerH

5. RacerJ 6. RacerL

7. RacerN 8. RacerP

Offer same points, this puts the slower Q guys in with the faster cars, this gives the guy with a bad Q lap a chance at some points as well should be more interesting race with the fields times spreading from top to bottom in both races.

Anyone Like this?

Q lap prob should be done as a race. 2 laps, this should allow for saved replay and eliminate any worries of reviewing clean laps.

yes this could work.

Set for 15 mins worth of laps maybe bit more so people can finish their laps...
Pentalties on FULL
we can save replay to check peoples fastest laps etc
everyone is happy as you can win some money and xp lol

HOWEVER tyres wear... but it makes it exciting plus tactical if u need to come in pits to get fresh tyres

YES it could work lol!

Race mode, this means you can record the replay, that way you can check everyone's laps for being clean. I still think fewer driver on track is a better solution.

That is true for shorter tracks but tracks like La Sarthe and Nurburgring Nordschleife can take atleast 10 cars.

@Owen - Not really. The idea of Div1 + Div2 is to have the racing as close as possible, rather than a big variation in lap time.

4 laps on race mode.

In this case, 3 for Sarthe.

1 warm up lap, 2 hot laps. Cars must stagger to make room.

Qualy can be up to 10 cars (depends on track length).

Process repeats until we reach limit of available entries (25 per class)

Penalties set to full.

Replays will be saved and check.

Dirty laps receive 5 second penalties.

Comments?

@Owen - Not really. The idea of Div1 + Div2 is to have the racing as close as possible, rather than a big variation in lap time.

It spreads points out fairly.....if in a real race I Qaulified to the back, I still got a chance at all the points for 1st......currently If I qualify .1 off 4th place guy I may be out of the money so to speak. That is not fair, Q lap is one thing, but a chance to win the race(bigger points)is what is missing and that stinks.

4 laps on race mode.

Penalties set to full.

Comments?

Nice and simple. Sarthe can hold 10 cars easy.

4 laps on race mode.

Penalties set to full.

Comments?

yup, i like it.

the only real place to cheat is the last few corners plus the corner that leads to the 1st straight (turn 5 or 6?)

@ OwensRacing - Live qualifying will put more pressure to the qualify-ee. Thus making the possibility of making mistakes higher. This should even out the field and give the slower but consistent guys a fighting chance to make D1 👍

ok done some testing and these two standard cars could go into gt300 class they are pretty much the same speed as the others currently used in gt300's class

weds sport celica 03 no turbo 325bhp MR
nrburgringgpf.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

cusco impreza 03 no turbo 327bhp FR (not 4x4 like the 08 version)

nrburgringgpf1.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

the celica is allowed (look at post 4 i think?) and i guess the cusco impreza 03 could be allowed aswell

oh nice photos by the way lol

oh and another thing for uk guys top gear tonight!!!!

I'm not sure how exactly the new quali system will work but I have some clue. My concern is it will be time consuming and a lot of dead time if its only one car on the track doing 3 laps each. If you do that in a 2 min/lap track an outlap/3 laps/inlap takes 10 minutes. With some dead time in the middle we will only be able to do around 5 cars quali per hour. It will be a lot of waiting unless we do a scheduling scheme and thats complicated.

Here is an idea on divisions and quali.

After each race:
- The two last placed cars in each class in Div1 gets demoted to Div2 for the next race.
- The two top placed cars in each class in Div2 gets promoted to Div1 for the next race
- The two last placed cars in each class in Div2 and the rest of the drivers will run a qualification timetrail or a pre-race to determin the last two slots in Div2

Qualification:
Set the starting grid to fastest first. Before the race, there is a 15 min free GT500 qual and a 15 min free GT300 qual. Its not a good idea to have GT500 and GT300 on the track at the same time during qual.
Then start the race, the grid is set by above, do the formation lap, then go.

The idea by above is to maximize action time and minimize waiting time. Now in the beginning people might be prepared to spend a lot of time on this championship. But give it some months, we will want something simple that gives most action per spent time.

Please read this carefully once again.Its a great IDEA and
would cut the Q to ca. 1 hour a week. Just 1 Q session needed!!!

I understand though If somebody enjoys watching hour after
hour somebodys replays. Here in Finland we call those Guys
Masochists:)

I do like the idea of qualifying, the pressure that it puts on the player is part of racing and the player should be able to deal with it, I have no problems at all.

Regarding the upgrade of engines on some cars might me that some players could be off the pace. The current car I have has 504hp would have 539hp with stage 3 engine upgrade, while a stage 2 turbo on the lexus would put the power at a similar range, not allowing the upgrade on the other cars could be a disadvantage to those who chose not to do an engine upgrade.
Could this be clarified please?

Locked in spots via finish order is a stellar idea....but if that person wants pole, they need to run a lap faster then everyone else on the track. Otherwise the lock puts you at the back.

Qualifiers will have 1 spectator each to minimize the time of watching replays.

Replays are last resort (protest doubtful laps).

One last thing I got to ask, I read no mods....however many have mentioned the chassis reinforcements........are these allowed?

I had to break in a second car early last week when I read rules, for I took it no mods at all. Then later in the thread it seemed that maybe those were allowed.

Like to be clear on this.

@ Owens - Not allowed. It was used to test with the Lexus IS350 as it is a bit off pace compared to the 3 other premium GT300s.

The one steward per driver is a good solution, relying on the in game penalty system is definitely not.

I made this replay just to show how bad it is for la Sarthe.

Note, this lap was done in an online lobby with penalties set to heavy.

View attachment PS3.rar :scared: :ill:

The advantage of it being done in race mode, is that we have a replay function available for any disputes, although I hope most stewards report back saying that laps where clean and that replay viewing is not necessary.

Qualy Rough Draft:

Qualifying will be held through live online sessions. Official days are Mondays and Wednesday at 12.00 pm PST / 08.00 pm GMT / 9.00 pm CET. Any of the Stewards or capable hosts, under the supervision of a Steward/s, can announce and hold qualifying sessions of their own.

Procedure
  • A group of drivers per class will be given 2 or 3 laps to set a qualifying lap.
  • Laps will be run in 'Race' and will depend on track size (eg. 2 for La Sarthe)
  • Laps will be monitored and watched by fellow competitors to validate cleanliness.
  • The number of cars will depend on track size (eg. 8 drivers and 8 spectators on La Sarthe)
  • Once the race has been commenced, cars will roll on their warm up lap
  • Cars must stagger a few seconds between each other to make room
  • Standard '2 wheel on track at all times' rule apply (Check Post 3 for Racing Conduct)
  • Once finished, spectators will declare if their competitor ran a clean or dirty lap
  • If a protest arise for a doubtful or dirty lap, the replay will be saved and checked
  • If confirmed dirty, a timed penalty will be imposed depending on severity of offense
  • The process will repeat until we reach the limit of available drivers (eg. 25 for each class)

Last edited:
I have not taken out GT5 in my PS3 since Launch Day :D

Yes, this is the only game i play on my PS3.

Its my PS3's only use... Other than Netflix for movie nights with the wifey :)

and hes trying tomake excuses like he doesnt know what happen, he saidhe put in the box and its not there so he like little brother must have taken it . but the box is on the tv which is like 2 m tall he cant reach that high

Masi. What about a system like Nascar use??
The best drivers will be lock in the races.
Lets say the top 2 or 4 from each class have a spot on the race even if they don't qualify.
Thats because one of them could not have time to participate on the qualify, and will lose lots of points for the championship.

Back