World Touring Car 800 races

• Thread starter crooky369
  • 49 comments
The CLK LM dropped to 509 HP was great.

I tweaked the suspension and LCD a little and had to drop the ECU 1 more tick to fit 799.x and now it's absolutely insane

The gr2 cars are almost too good if you weren't able to boost the difficulty

Last edited:
Just finished all of them save for Daytona and Le Mans for the first time today in the CLK LM and for the most part they were easy. Just cruise around with hards on fuel map 1 or 2 with short shifting half way on the tach and it’s just a simple 1 stop with with only refueling needed.

Dragon Trail was by far the easiest, winning by almost 40 seconds. Passed everyone by lap 3 and just sped away.
Lago Maggiore was also really easy. Same with DTS but it took until lap 7. This is the race I stayed on map 2 the most for.
Fuji was easy if you just one stop for inters or are confident enough on slicks since the AI will pit for slicks on the last lap.
Suzuka might be tricky because I don’t know how random the weather is in the events. My race dodged almost all the rain and didn’t have to go onto wets, so it was fairly straightforward. Mileage may vary.
Monza might be tricky since when I did it the leading Viper pit on laps 4 and 8, coming out right in front of me, then it pit again on lap 9? Not sure if that is intended but it could be easy or hard depending on if that happens again. Again, mileage may vary.
Catalunya was the trickiest for me, mainly because I’m awful at the track. I might have been able to do it legitimately just barely but I cut the final chicane when I was close to the leader on lap 9 for an easy win.

I think any of the older GT500 cars detuned could yield similar results for these races. I haven’t tried the CLK LM at Daytona or Le Mans yet since I had already done those and didn’t feel like doing them again. But I think a beefed up Gr3 car would be better suited than a detuned Gr2 car for those races since that’s what I beat them in the first time.
Alright so I did the Daytona, Le Mans, and even revisited Catalunya in the CLK LM today and I can safely say it’s probably my favorite car in the game for the WTC 800 events. It’s just so quick and so nice to drive even without touching the suspension.

Le Mans was easy. Cruised on map 2 for 3 laps then pushed on map 1 for the final 2 laps. Won by 30 seconds.
Daytona was a bit tougher since the Viper only does a one stop so it’s just down to raw pace. I don’t remember the exact lap times I was doing but it took until right before lap 8 to pass the Viper and I didn’t pull away that much by the end. Probably the most or at least second most difficult event in the series, in my opinion.
Revisiting Catalunya I tried a no stop strategy, cruising on map 3 and with extreme short shifting I was about to secure an easy win even without “alternative interpretation of track limits”, until I had to pause in the t1 braking zone and unpausing made me badly miss the corner and have a really bad off track excursion that cost me at least 10 seconds and the lead. Luckily there was still time in the race and I was far enough ahead to reclaim my position.

Basically I’m saying the CLK LM is worth every penny of the 6.25 mil it costs. :D

Last edited:
I use a sauber c9 with the gearbox glitch. Set gearbox to 253km/h in last gear and suddenly the pp drops massive. Then tune it to your liking.
I use max downforce, set low acceleration on diff and low deceleration. And race hard tires

But i did them all before this with the f1500t-a on 799.99 and its really easy.

Also the c9 is really handy for 700pp races. With the right tune i finish 1min ahead on nr2 with no pit stops and 30% fuel left on lean map( 6).

I used the CLK LM for the 800pp events, I don't have to detune the car that much actually. Simple method to try is just put racing hard tyres on and add a little bit of weight to it so it's just under 800pp, then I'll still have 599hp at my disposal and fly by through events.

I'll probably say this that you will need to fuel save on Daytona at least, you can manage to get to lap 4 and 8 and just refuel no need to change tyres at all. My 2nd attempt using this method got me 2nd as I was right behind the leader in the end but my 1st one was successful. It is possible but you will have to work hard to catch up to the group 3 Viper during the race as well as chasing the leaders in the final 2 laps using everything you have.

Last edited:
Alright so I did the Daytona, Le Mans, and even revisited Catalunya in the CLK LM today and I can safely say it’s probably my favorite car in the game for the WTC 800 events. It’s just so quick and so nice to drive even without touching the suspension.

Le Mans was easy. Cruised on map 2 for 3 laps then pushed on map 1 for the final 2 laps. Won by 30 seconds.
Daytona was a bit tougher since the Viper only does a one stop so it’s just down to raw pace. I don’t remember the exact lap times I was doing but it took until right before lap 8 to pass the Viper and I didn’t pull away that much by the end. Probably the most or at least second most difficult event in the series, in my opinion.
Revisiting Catalunya I tried a no stop strategy, cruising on map 3 and with extreme short shifting I was about to secure an easy win even without “alternative interpretation of track limits”, until I had to pause in the t1 braking zone and unpausing made me badly miss the corner and have a really bad off track excursion that cost me at least 10 seconds and the lead. Luckily there was still time in the race and I was far enough ahead to reclaim my position.

Basically I’m saying the CLK LM is worth every penny of the 6.25 mil it costs. :D
Daytona is really tough. I spent hours on it trying to find the right car/tune and then slowly lowering my lap times by like tenths at a time

Daytona is really tough. I spent hours on it trying to find the right car/tune and then slowly lowering my lap times by like tenths at a time
Also it may just be me but the AI just LOVE to turn you on the oval. Got spun 4 times in 4 consecutive races. Almost got it a 5th time but I was quick enough to avoid it.

I personally hate the track, it's my least favourite in the game so I don't have any motivation to put the hours in.

Anyone that's using the CLK LM:

What are your transmission settings? I cant get the thing to go over 158 mph without it jumping PP dramatically over 800.

This speed is fine to win the races, but you hit max so early on the Daytona and Sarth straights. Eventually the other cars hit 160+ but it doesnt do enough to catch you. I'm just hoping I can get more out of her.

Anyone that's using the CLK LM:

What are your transmission settings? I cant get the thing to go over 158 mph without it jumping PP dramatically over 800.

This speed is fine to win the races, but you hit max so early on the Daytona and Sarth straights. Eventually the other cars hit 160+ but it doesnt do enough to catch you. I'm just hoping I can get more out of her.
I’m using 310 with 90% ECU, 97% power restrictor, and 14 ballast at -16 for 799.98 PP

Funnily enough I just tried the Castrol Supra another JGTC/GT500 car and got almost exactly the same time as the Audi almost to the second...

They're nice cars to drive I must say. I had much more confidence in what the car was doing compared to the Audi but poor brakes and lacking a little in the downforce stakes hurt it pace wise.

A Group 2 modern Super GT GT500 car is definitely cheating though! Those monsters are closer to prototypes than GT cars.
Not just "closer to prototypes" they're... faster than any active prototypes, since LMP1 is retired. :)

I just can't win WTC 800 Fuji on the highest difficulty. What car do you recommend for this track and what strategy?

It is the only race which I just can't win. It is so weird because sometimes it starts raining again on 5th or 6th lap and it is more slippery than at the start because heavy wet tires are gone at this point so I have to wait until lap 7th for pit.

Last edited:
I'm not going to try the Barcelona race myself right now, but I developed a build of the NSX GT500 Gr.2 for the Sardegna 800 race that is incredibly quick, beating the hard AI by 90 seconds. It might easily win Barcelona "as is", but if not it shouldn't be too hard to adjust the build from this starting point:

Edit: Just tried Barcelona, I won against the hard AI by 22 seconds with 18:09 using the NSX GT500 build linked above. I did a no stop, and I think it would be quicker with a lighter less powerful build than the Sardegna build.

Also tried the Alpine VGT Gr.1, which is a bit more grippy and better on fuel, and was a little faster, with 18:00. It really didn't need any fuel saving to no stop the race.

Last edited:
I just can't win WTC 800 Fuji on the highest difficulty. What car do you recommend for this track and what strategy?

It is the only race which I just can't win. It is so weird because sometimes it starts raining again on 5th or 6th lap and it is more slippery than at the start because heavy wet tires are gone at this point so I have to wait until lap 7th for pit.
Same car I recommend for every 800PP race.... NSX GT500! :D

As for the strat, hard to say since the weather is different every time. If I recall, when I won it I started on Wets and stay on them even after it stopped raining rather than pitting for Inters. After there was a dry line forming, I pitted for RH (required to keep the NSX GT500 under 800PP). Had to be very careful to stay on the dry line (ala license test S-10) but was able to pull it off as the AI pitted for inters, then slicks.

When you put slicks on, just be super careful as the pit exit stays wet since it's not getting driven over multiple times every lap.

c372b99d65ce1f4e73e5245b8e52bce1_photo.webp

Last edited:
I've been using the Citroën GR.3 car. I managed to win the Monza WTC 800. I dialed out all the downforce and lowered the car to reduce drag on straights, and started the race on HR tyres to stay within the 800pp. Made first stop onto HR and on last stop SR for two laps. Without the downforce, I had to brake a little early for the tighter corners to prevent the rear sliding out on me!

I tried the Porsche VGT at Sardegna. Dropped to 799 with the stock RH, but the suspension ain’t built for turning. Still quick though. Did one lap to see how it recharges during a pit stop. Seemed equivalent to a petrol fill. Won’t have the top speed of the Living Legend, but might go well for the 800 events.

Last edited:
NSX GT500 is a blast at Sardegna. I usually start on FM3, RH, no aids apart from TC1. Pit around lap 9, and then you can usually use FM2 and FM1 for the rest of the race, winning by over a minute.

Group 4 Supra with high RPM turbo (IIRC, could be medium) is good for Le Mans. It’s not bad on fuel despite the power, and it’s pretty damn quick. Think I use FM5, one stop, then nearing the finish drop to a richer mix depending on what’s left in the tank. Start on RH and then depending on the severity of the rain mid race either RH or Inters at the pit stop. Not as simple as Sardegna due to the weather, but still fun.

One hour at Spa… yeah I’m working on that 😆

EDIT: Just remembered Le Mans is WTC700. So ignore that!

Last edited:
Back