WORLD WAGON CHAMPIONSHIP Fridays 17:30 EDT/22:30 BST: CONGRATS TO CHAMPION JOE__KERR/REEFER

Let me know if you can't make
As always I'll do my best to be there but, as with the previous long race at Willow, I don't know if I'll make it through to the end though.

Your plans & ideas...

Since the rolling start is a new addition it might be best just to do an initial short race just to get the idea locked down. Be a shame to mess up the start of the bigun. A head start would add further complications to it I would think.

Light damage is usually sufficient.

Same cars? I don't mind. I was planning on running the '08 Audi since it's a bit of a cruiser. I'm open to change though. Stock cars at an oval would be appropriate. ;)

Increasing the slipstream strength might also prove interesting?

Same cars is a shout actually. The impezza is a bit quicker but some may have kept it for this race which would make it a bit unfair. I think if the people who planned to run the impezza are ok with dropping it then it's cool.

Slipstream strength is also a decent shout. I'd vote for that.

I do think tuning should be allowed though.

Would the light damage affect any bump drafting?

Same cars is a shout actually. The impezza is a bit quicker but some may have kept it for this race which would make it a bit unfair. I think if the people who planned to run the impezza are ok with dropping it then it's cool.

Slipstream strength is also a decent shout. I'd vote for that.

I do think tuning should be allowed though.

Would the light damage affect any bump drafting?

I forgot about slipstream, I was thinking about that earlier but then forgot to list it. That's also a possibility. No, light damage won't affect bump drafting since I do it in pretty much every race I'm in (Hakan knows, since I do it a lot in the Sunday A-Z races), unless of course you do it to a car going like 40mph slower than you.

I was definitely in the "saving the Impreza for the last race" camp, but I wasn't looking forward to it being a lopsided race.

Also the Audis are quite not good on fuel.

I'd like to hear @jammy21's opinion on the car situation anyway. Since chances are good he'll win no matter what we do (I have a feeling he'll out tire wear Joe)

We COULD all run the same car in this race

I was one of the ones who kept the Impreza but I think same car is an excellent idea. However I would go with Paul and have it no tuning apart from oil and brakes, then it's drivers skill only really, I think!?!:D

I think either the caldina or air trek would be a good idea. They would also punch a big aero hole for slipstreaming! The other car would be the Lexus. In the dry around high speed ring the Lexus was mighty.

Personally I haven't used the rs4 or rs6'02 or the legnum.

Last thought. We all use the Impreza?:dopey:

Looking forward to it. Even though oval racing really isn't my thing. :scared:

:cheers:

I'm for tuned as it's part of racing and has been part of the championship throughout.

Impreza '99 is the fastest car, which I kept back too, so let's ALL enjoy the last race in the best car, reverse grid to mix it up!

(10 laps in each car with wear off)
Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon WRX STI Version VI '99 - 37.790
Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon STi '00 - 37.985
Lexus IS300 SportCross '01 - 38.156
Toyota Caldina GT-Four '02 - 38.327
Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon 3.0R '03 - 38.426
Nissan Stagea 260RS Autech Version '98 - 38.490
Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon GT-B '96 - 38.524
Audi RS6 Avant '08 - 38.623
Mitsubishi Airtrek Turbo-R '02 - 38.904
Audi RS6 Avant '02 - 38.934
Audi RS4 '01 - 38.997
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type V '98 - 39.167

There seems to be a lot of ideas...here's my thoughts.
  1. tuning: to be fair to all (those who know the tuning it's big advance over those who don't) - no tunning might be good choice even though I'm all for tuning (already done some testing)
  2. splitstream: real is best
  3. car choice: we all use same car - Impreza '99
  4. rolling double file start: yes definitely best - no head start thing
  5. Damage: light is best - or even no damage

About tuning: I'll have to test how Impreza work on stock tune - I'll be back on this.

Has anyone driven the Impreza round the Speedway stock? As tyre wear is even worse, the potential for issues is multiplied by 10.

The last race of the 'ship has to be fun for all without fear of falling off at every turn of the wheel:cheers:

To tune or not to tune? We're split down the middle!

I suppose that as Joe say's it's been part of the championship throughout so maybe we ought to stick to it for the last race. Although with tuning even though we may be in the same car, a good setup can drop the lap times considerably and so negate the same car idea anyway.

But it's an oval, so although tuning will have an effect it will be less of an effect than on a twisty track

When everyone says that the Imprezza is faster, they are not that much much faster around the oval according to Joe's times. After 60 odd laps, tyre & fuel stops and any racing incidents, everything might have evened up a bit.

Also the big Audi might normally use more fuel but since you need to use the power limiter it'll only be on half throttle!

So my latest thought - Tuned and use whatever car you were planning for. Might as finish the season as we started with a varied field of cars whizzing around the track.
(With perhaps slipstream on low?)

So it seems like same car is winning anyway, but there's still a split on tuning or not. Even though I don't like tuning, I agree that we should keep it the same as its been before, and keep tuning on. As for the car I still vote for using the Legacy 2.0GT '03, since its something no one has used already.

Also I don't think we need to practice the start, we'll have 2 pace laps to get organized and even if the spacing isn't perfect, as long as everyone is in the right order it's ok.

Fair point Paul, varied field has been the theme so far, be a shame to have the finale with a one make show.

So, U-turn for me! Go for whatever car you have left, tuning available as it has been all season, with the addition of low slipstream to help keep the group closer, and therefor more fun - it is a game after all ;)

BBB - you've heard all the feedback, make a decision either way, and we'll all still be there and enjoy it just the same

Tuned and use whatever car you were planning for. Might as finish the season as we started

Go for whatever car you have left,

see out what we started.

I think The wagon racers have spoken. 👍

Despite my earlier suggestions we should keep with your championship rules, we should run this just like all the other races.

Blue. You're in charge and what you decide will be correct.

I'll be there and it'll be fun whatever you choose. The best bit is racing with like minded guys who are out to have fun rather than win no matter what!:cool::lol:

:cheers:

Well now the tides have turned and it seems like normal car selection rules should apply. I don't have much experience with the different strengths of slipstreaming anyway; I'll have to practice. I usually only ever race with real, and I think I've done a race with strong slipstream once or twice, I don't think I've ever tried light.

I now vote for a one model race. No no, just kidding. :mischievous:

There never used to be a "real" setting, it was introduced at some point with an update I think. There's hardly any effect from real unless you are bumper to bumper.
Strong would be over the top. Light really isn't too bad, just a bit more than real and the effect can be felt from further away.

If you open up a room later perhaps some of us could join you for a quick test after racing with Zolon. Or perhaps on another day.

I can open a room at the normal time any day, I was planning on opening one later actually just didn't know if anyone would join.

Tested. You can run with stock (296hp/459pp) but I rather wanna run tuned car.
BBB it's your call and series but you should make decision soo so we all know what to do next few days to get ready for final race :)
About tuning: I'll have to test how Impreza work on stock tune - I'll be back on this.

It'll be the normal rules, with weak slipstream instead of real.
I think that's a good call. Best of luck to all.

And to please everyone, perhaps the following Friday we could have a one off final finale using a one make stock waggon?

Maybe the championship winner could pick the car and track?
(And possibly tyres since an un-tuned car might not suit SS)

If everyone is up for it of course.

I think that's a good call. Best of luck to all.

And to please everyone, perhaps the following Friday we could have a one off final finale using a one make stock waggon?

Maybe the championship winner could pick the car and track?
(And possibly tyres since an un-tuned car might not suit SS)

If everyone is up for it of course.

Well Joe is guaranteed to be the champion (hey, remember how you wanted to do a race at Mosport Joe?) . And I'm up for anything anytime as long as it's after 2200 UK time on weekdays.

Also it's strongly rumoured the next chapter of the WWC (which will probably run for 12-14 races instead of 26, starting at the end of summer) will at least partly involve something stock.

Last edited:
Well Joe is guaranteed to be the champion (hey, remember how you wanted to do a race at Mosport Joe?)

I might need to take a break for a while from getting up early on a Saturday morning but let me think about it first.

I think Joe may have something planned that might interest you in between the WWCs.

Seeing as you mentioned it Paul, fresh off the press: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/old-muscle-car-madness-championship.347195/

Not to steal blue's thunder or anything as this has been a well-put-together championship all round with another crackin' race to come, but if anyone from here is interested in running some Muscle then please show your interest in the linked thread.

Looking forward to the big WWC finale this weekend..

Back