WORLD WAGON CHAMPIONSHIP Fridays 17:30 EDT/22:30 BST: CONGRATS TO CHAMPION JOE__KERR/REEFER

Race #2 last night ranks among my personal top-5 favorite races I've ever been a part of. Spa is a place I really like as I've been there in real life doing a track walk. I didn't change the setup at all between the two races, the difference was that my overtaking maneuvers worked out better in the second. I thought I would lack top speed down the Kemmel straight but it was fine.

I do believe Colin must have had the highest top speed of us all, you were flying man.

I was very proud I managed to hold off Joe Schumacher's charge on that final lap. It was intimidating seeing you in my rear view, Joe.

Spa is one of my favorit track so I was little excited before race what cars everyone was using and how my pick ones will work. After quali it was easier when I saw the lap times. Race#1 blue was putting some pressure for me and I also hit the wall beging at the La Rouge, got dameged. Blue closed the cap between us and almost pass me. After that incident rest of the race went ok.
Race #2 went better without any incident and I could hold my pole position to the finish line.

I have pick my cars for Daytona and have to make some tuning during next week. Daytona races would be harder for me because of the cars I pick. Would be interesting...

That looks like a great Volvo race Colin. Wish I had been there!

Re blue's TT: what a great track Mosport is. Really good choice for a TT. With 30 minutes of practice I gave it my best shot for 1:22.6. Just missed a 1:21 in practice so I expect the winning time to be in the 21s or less. I could race there all day long!

That looks like a great Volvo race Colin. Wish I had been there!

Re blue's TT: what a great track Mosport is. Really good choice for a TT. With 30 minutes of practice I gave it my best shot for 1:22.6. Just missed a 1:21 in practice so I expect the winning time to be in the 21s or less. I could race there all day long!

We'll have to do a race of some kind there

With 30 minutes of practice I gave it my best shot for 1:22
I should have practised I know, but with my stockish car (that under steered to much) I jumped straight in. My best time was my second from last lap when I'd just about got used to the track.
My last lap might have been quicker but I'd glanced at the previous lap time and thought "that's not bad", missed my braking point and promptly crashed at the first corner. :)

A 1:23.6 I think.

Results

Race 22 - Daytona (Night)

1. joe__kerr - Airtrek
2. PureGT_GOOFY - Impreza '00
3. jam_my21 - RS6 '08
4. iamtooma - Legacy Spec B
5. IfAndOr - Legacy Spec B
6. sutsagrd - Stagea
7. bloodyboyblue - RS6 '02

Pole: joe__kerr
Fast Lap: joe__kerr

Race 23 - Daytona
1. joe__kerr - Airtrek
2. jam_my21 - Lexus
3. PureGT_GOOFY - Impreza '00
4. bloodyboyblue - Legacy Spec B
5. iamtooma - Legacy Spec B
6. sutsagrd - Stagea
7. JockeP22 - Impreza '99
8. IfAndOr - Legacy Spec B

Fast Lap: joe__kerr

Some nice driving from Goofy last night, carried some good speed, well done mate. And also well done to Tom for holding off that barrage of sorties from Paul. He seems to have a thing for your rear end Tom! Also, I think you got tapped off at some point Paul and, if not for that, would have been much further up the field. Your Lexus had a bit of poke Jammy and you carried the most speed of all. Well done to all:bowdown:

You are way toooooo fast to keep up with Joe:cheers:
In the 2nd race I was expecting Jammy to catch me altough he was 5-6 sec behind me at lap 4 when he passed Tom. Then I saw that he came closer for every lap and on the 10th lap of 11 he just swished pass me like I was standing still :scared::lol:
Good fun on a track that is one of my favorite tracks 👍

PureGT_GOOFY

And also well done to Tom for holding off that barrage of sorties from Paul. He seems to have a thing for your rear end Tom!
We do seem to have an attraction. :lol:

I was being a little cautious yesterday because Tom was lagging a bit on my screen. One moment he was in front of me the next he wasn't an visa versa. Sorry for any taps Tom. A good scrap though in that first race.

The only tuning I'd done was to the gearbox, so in the first race the Scuby had a great top speed - but took ages to get there. A bit of gear ratio shuffling between races resulted in better acceleration which helped, but I lost concentration mid race and came last!

Race #1 went almost as planned but missed my brake mark on 1st corner and spun. Lost my 2nd place to Goofy with that mistake and rest of the race I tried to catch him but not quite got it (0.1s left on finishline). Well done Goofy to hold your 2nd place under my pressure.

Race #2 wasn't my cleanest race - missed my brake marks a lot (maybe because big different between my cars tonight - Audi vs Lexus). Sorry to everyone I messed up - I think at least Jocke, Tooma and IfandOr were victims my mistakes - sorry :embarrassed:
Lexus got good top speed after bad acceleration (vs 4WD). Even though I was 2nd to last at one point in the race - after my many mistakes - I still managed go up to 2nd.

I like these races with the different cars it's mixed a little the grid and makes races fun.

See you all at the Motegi.

Last edited:
You'd think all the recorded footage would show the same. Not so.

Tom said to me afterwards, "You dunted me off."
"Not me Old Boy, I don't remember that."
So we checked our footage and found what you see in the video above.

Tom said in an email to me, "..[it] reflects the gamers experience, which, it has just occurred to me, does make some sense, because that is the race view which has indeed just occurred on the PS3 in use."

So, after all, do we really know who is lagging and who is not?

It would be interesting to know what Paul's recording shows.

It would be interesting to know what Paul's recording shows.
Now I had a clear out of my replays and photos a short while ago and haven't been saving that many replays recently. But funnily enough I did save that race! I think it was because I overtook you at one point, so thought it worth keeping for posterity.

Different footage will show different things depending on the connection.

Anyway apon viewing mine it shows pretty much the same as you saw. No contact but Tom's car behaving like there was and flying off into the gravel. Tom was mildly lagging here and there throughout prior to the "incident", similar to what he appeared to be at Daytona to me. Puffs of tyre smoke and sudden position changes. Jocke has said he's seen the same.

I was wandering if Tom used Wi-Fi on his PS3 since that at times can cause these problems. Direct cable is always best. Network power adapters next. Wi-Fi last.
Wi-Fi can be OK but is always susceptible to slight outages that cause packet loss, all the PS3's then have to request the missing positional data again which results in lag - which for racing isn't ideal.

The other odd thing is that with you all the way over the other side of the world you'd expect some lag considering the distance. But no, you were pretty much rock solid, the slightest of glitches but that's it. The connection gods work in mysterious ways.

While we are at it I suppose I should also ask, do I appear to lag to anyone else? I'm wired with all my PS3 and router settings tweaked as much as they can be.

Tom has been lagging to me the same every race this series, jumping from side to side and puffs of smoke every so often, hasn't been too difficult to work around though, but I imagine he sees things totally different on his screen.

Walk of shame time... I use wifi, but haven't heard of any lag issues in my 2 years online. I will shortly be moving to fully wired, so we'll see if I experience any differences.

I use wifi, but haven't heard of any lag issues in my 2 years online
Well there you go, as I said it can be OK.
Are your PS3 and Wi-Fi router quite close together because you always seem very stable? It's usually when there's a few walls or even electrical appliances around that it can tend to fall down a bit. Or even other people using it at the same time.

I think Blue was on Wi-Fi but then experimented with a cable. Not sure what he's using now.

Well there you go, as I said it can be OK.
Are your PS3 and Wi-Fi router quite close together because you always seem very stable? It's usually when there's a few walls or even electrical appliances around that it can tend to fall down a bit. Or even other people using it at the same time.

I think Blue was on Wi-Fi but then experimented with a cable. Not sure what he's using now.

I was on wifi until that one time when i plugged in the cable, and I've never gone back since. I was always stable on wifi as a participant, but i was unable to host a room successfully, the main reason I started using the cable was so I could host this series. My wifi router is right under the cabinet I have my consoles on though.

I've got a stud wall and a couple of couches between them, total distance about 3 meters.

On occasion I've had the wife watching Netflix on the living room, my daughter on you tube in her room, whilst I'm busy racing in the back living room and it's been fine.

I am moving out to what is currently a utility room though and I notice the wifi dropping on my phone, so cables will be fitted soon.

Back