WORLD WAGON CHAMPIONSHIP Fridays 17:30 EDT/22:30 BST: CONGRATS TO CHAMPION JOE__KERR/REEFER

Are we on for testing tonight??

I've got all the cars ready but haven't actually driven any of them yet!

Do you have a circuit in mind for testing?

Here are a few of my wagons:
City of Arts and Sciences - Night.jpg

City of Arts and Sciences - Night_2.jpg

My Stagea with an interloper!!:D
City of Arts and Sciences - Night_1.jpg

Hope the network is up to all these thundering wagons!!:lol:

:cheers:

Yes, testing tonight, I'll open a room as soon as I get home from work at 5/10 something. We can start with Grand Valley and then go elsewhere if the mood strikes us. Fingers crossed for no DCs.

There's a few of them I haven't driven either. Should be interesting. And I know purple is your traditional colour Suts but there's just something about wagons that makes purple just suit them. And brown.

Sorry BB, but I may not be able to commit a full season of World Wagon Championship.

It doesn't really seem like anyone can, but as long as someone shows up every week it'll be ok. If I'm the only one who races all the races I obviously won't crown myself the champion.

Sorry Blue, I was going to join you for a bit of testing yesterday but a lack of sleep to night before caused me to fall asleep in the chair. When I woke up it was a too late so I went to bed - if you see what I mean.

Hope it went well. Catch you soon.

Not exactly a Q car but I'll have this one...
strandcraftmustang.png

Glad to hear you're still planning on showing up when you can BB, If, and Harsk. Is there anyone else planning on showing up other than Lex, Suts, and Jocke (thanks again to those three for coming out on Friday)? That's already a good group of people, it'd be nice to have 6-8 on track each week though. Probably wishful thinking though.

I'll have the schedule up later today. I know for sure the first races will be at some variation of Cape Ring.

We tried one race with Fast tire wear on (we all got down the 7s/8s in 5 laps of Grand Valley reverse), I think I might throw in a few races with that on, but most of them will have it on normal since I know a lot of people don't really enjoy the conservation. The two long races will most likely have it on very fast though so there will be some pit strategy.

Few people I forgot to tag the first time @Pimasz @AndreasR @nonka

It doesn't really seem like anyone can, but as long as someone shows up every week it'll be ok. If I'm the only one who races all the races I obviously won't crown myself the champion.
I don't know, BB.

Well, I might be able, but the problem is that I have MTNC at 22:30 and Super GT at 17:00, so it would be too much for me...

Hopefully everyone is ready since the first race is upon us tomorrow....

Good news for you Europeans; since North America starts Daylight Saving Time early, the second and third weeks of this series will take place at 21:30 UTC instead of 22:30 since we're only 4 hours apart for a brief period of time. Doesn't affect tomorrow of course, which will still be at the regular time

Hopefully everyone is ready since the first race is upon us tomorrow....
All being well I'll be there.

To save confusing myself (easily done) I'm only buying 4 cars at a time. They are all nicely painted, tuned and setup. Well when I say setup I've added race soft suspension! Which one/one's I'm using tomorrow is a mystery. I might just pick one that the others aren't using.

Can I use the same car for each race or would you like me to change?

All being well I'll be there.

To save confusing myself (easily done) I'm only buying 4 cars at a time. They are all nicely painted, tuned and setup. Well when I say setup I've added race soft suspension! Which one/one's I'm using tomorrow is a mystery. I might just pick one that the others aren't using.

Can I use the same car for each race or would you like me to change?

It's up to you what cars you use, you can use the same one for both races on one night but then you can't use it again for the rest of the series, whereas if you use different ones you can bring each of them back and use them again later.

After a small amount of testing I think I'm going for the Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4. I don't know if it's competitive but it felt quite good. That and the fact that I very nearly bought one a few years back, well the saloon version - the Galant VR-4.

After a small amount of testing I think I'm going for the Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4. I don't know if it's competitive but it felt quite good. That and the fact that I very nearly bought one a few years back, well the saloon version - the Galant VR-4.

You have some explaining to do as to why you didn't buy that Galant...

I found this one in a parking garage in my town last year, has to be one of the only ones on this continent. Did they actually sell them in uk or are they JDM imports there also?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
You have some explaining to do as to why you didn't buy that Galant...
No I believe they were genuine Mitsubishi cars, it was actually at one of their dealerships.
Although they are fairly rare. So much so I didn't know what a VR-4 was, I had to look it up. Which of course made me interested! After a couple of further visits it came down to finances in the end. :guilty:

It's one of those Q cars. It doesn't look that special but would surprise most people.

It was this and a Nisan 200SX that were the two cars I nearly bought, but didn't, but wish I had. :)

I have a sneaking suspicion I could be staying late at work so I taught my girlfriend how to open a room, and she'll be doing that around 10 after, and if all is well and everyone can see everyone else I told her to start the first race around :35 or so, whether I'm there or not.

Back