Worldwide nonsense

Italy
Italy
Ciao to all,
in this wondeful and useful forum.

I have lot of doubts about those lap times of the aliens.
And I would like to share them with all of you.

I would like to ask for a little patience on your part just because it's my first post here. Thank you in advance.

I lap Silverstone on the academy in 2.24 and little more
the aliens in 2.17 that's a huge gap.
Let me explain a standard lap of myself along with an alien ones
without mentioning anyone.
Just a comparison

In turn 1 :
at the apex Alien is up to 105 Mph myself 94 Mph
at the following white line Alien is up to 112 Mph myself 105 Mph

In turn 2 :
at the apex Alien is up to 47 Mph myself 53 Mph.

In turn 3 :
at the apex Alien is up to 38 Mph myself 43 Mph.
But my tyres didn't do a good job because, even if I come out faster from the bend at the following bridge:
Alien is up to 123 Mph myself 121 Mph

In turn 4 :
at the apex Alien is up to 60 Mph myself 58 Mph.

In turn 5 :
at the apex Alien is up to 58 Mph myself too 58 Mph.
but another time tyres let me down on the straight
because at following sign ( Silverstone UK)
Alien is up to 130 Mph myself 128 Mph.
( You have to trust myself in the straight I am able to put my foot down)

In turn 6 :
at the apex Alien is up to 92 Mph myself 88 Mph.
Here Alien's tyres do a very good job ( at least in my opinon)
At the following sign ( Silverstone UK)
Alien is up to 124 Mph myself 121 Mph.

In turn 7 :
I have to lift off the throttle long before the Alien in order to negotiate the following right hander and the weight shift from right to left.

In turn 8 :
at the apex Alien is up to 102 Mph myself 97 Mph.
Another time in a fast bend with a lot of weight transfer Alien's tyres do a very good job.

In turn 9 :
at the apex Alien is up to 83 Mph myself 78 Mph.
Coming out of turn 8 the Alien accelerate hard, strange because I have to wait and hope for negotiate turn 9 without accelerate or at minimum,
another time Alien's tyres works very well.

At the following bridge Alien is up to 123 Mph myself 121 Mph.

In turn 10 :
at the apex Alien is up to 77 Mph myself 71 Mph.

In turn 11 :
at the apex Alien is up to 46 Mph myself 50 Mph.
Here comes again just as the beginning of the lap in slow corners
I am faster, I wonder why.

In turn 12 :
at the apex Alien is up to 48 Mph myself 45 Mph.

In turn 13 ( the last one) :
at the apex Alien is up to 88 Mph myself 86 Mph.

And all of this means a 7 seconds gap ? To me is strange.
I use the word myself a lot but obviously this is about a lot of people here
competing in the Academy.

This academy it's a wondeful opportunity offered by Nissan,
never seen before in motor racing,
and we all feel that GT6 will be a Lot better than GT5.
It would be a big sin if every thing would be ruined by someone,
skilled with the software other than the steering wheel.

Just as aside note: a single lap time means nothing in racing,
it could be great a challenge made by 20 consecutive laps at least
With this penalty sistem, you can be sure great drivers would come out.

Thank you to all for the patience.
MonzaDriver1

The difference between your lap, my lap and the alien's lap is just [post=8654182]the blink of an eye[/post], nothing more.

Maybe you are just not as good as you thought you were Monzadriver1? And watching the top runners replays has shattered your ego enough to come up with a ridiculous solution that makes you feel comfortable and still number1 in your own head :P ;)

Good luck proving it mate :dopey:

Shattered ego's make for some entertaining reading. I suggest you quit pointing the problem outwards and focus on your own driving bud.

MonzaDriver1: I understand how you feel.
But truth is that a 2.24 is really slow around Silverstone in comparison to the fastest guys in the world.
It's enough to gold the event (2'24.800), but not even close to making the GTA national finals.

And about concistency, I can promise you that the aliens can run 17's and 18's all day, while you might be able to keep it in the 25's.

That's 7 seconds/lap..
In a 18-20 lap race, they would lap you. It's insane, I know, but it's also very very true.

Maybe you are just not as good as you thought you were Monzadriver1? And watching the top runners replays has shattered your ego enough to come up with a ridiculous solution that makes you feel comfortable and still number1 in your own head :P ;)

Good luck proving it mate :dopey:

Believe me I am more mature than that.
It's just that those lap times and replay and driving are so strange.
And my interest about this simulated racing is because I have never had
enough money to do it in real life.
Its' a kind of substitution, not the desire to be faster than anyone,
or to be my personal number one.

Ciao

I wish the guys in the 2'16's and 2'17's were cheating as I can't even get into the 2'18's but there are not. They are just very fast and good at what they do.

But truth is that a 2.24 is really slow around Silverstone in comparison to the fastest guys in the world.
It's enough to gold the event (2'24.800), but not even close to making the GTA national finals.

And about concistency, I can promise you that the aliens can run 17's and 18's all day, while you might be able to keep it in the 25's.

That's 7 seconds/lap..
In a 18-20 lap race, they would lap you. It's insane, I know, but it's also very very true.

Yes but I could reply that people who worked at the simulation,
set the standard just around my lap time.
And they know better.
Ciao.

Yes but I could reply that people who worked at the simulation,
set the standard just around my lap time.
And they know better.
Ciao.

I'm not sure I follow, but are you saying that the alien times are done with driving that would'nt work in real life?
If so, I agree a tad, but on the other hand, it's about going as fast as possible around Silverstone in GTA that matters.

GT games are good, but if you're looking for something that's 100% like real life on a console/PC, I'm not sure you'll ever find something.
Perhaps iRacing brings you closer, but it will never be exactly like in real life.

A real driver pushes the car to its very limits, and takes as much advantages that they can find, e.g. If you can cut a corner and get away with it, everyone of those drivers will cut that corner.
When i first did my full lap i did a 2:24.000 and saw the fastest lap at that time was a 2:18.XXX, and now after about a total of about an hour an a half race time i have got down to a 2:19.407. Took a few **** ups to get there but i have done it.

I sure if i had the extra time to put in like everyone else I'm sure i would also be into the 2:16's as well, but unfortunately i have a job and a girlfriend, and i think if she listens to much more of my swearing at the PS3 she may get up me big time.

So quit ya whinging and start driving, you sound like Jamie Whincup when a race doesn't go his way.

That's 7 seconds/lap..

Denilson,
I was not saying that,
I mean it' s strange that PD set the standard so far from the fastest in the world.
Another strange thing.
Ciao.

I think PD set a standard that are good enough to provide the majority of gamers a challange.
For the bulk if gamers in GTA, I think 2'24 is a reasonable time.
Then, there's that 1% of the drivers that are so much faster.
Imagine if the gold required a 2'16.. Imagine how many gamers that would give up.. Like 99% of their customers... = No money..
It's a fine line they have to balance on.

I think PD set a standard that are good enough to provide the majority of gamers a challange.
For the bulk if gamers in GTA, I think 2'24 is a reasonable time.
Then, there's that 1% of the drivers that are so much faster.
Imagine if the gold required a 2'16.. Imagine how many gamers that would give up.. Like 99% of their customers... = No money..
It's a fine line they have to balance on.

Your line of reasoning is right, about the GT5 you put in your PS3
I mean the various skill level you have to reach to gain another car or race.
But in the case of this GTA your line could be right or even not,
here that challenge is the lap time.
Another wrong mind.

I must say that I did a double-take as well when I saw how far I was back from the top times after my first laps, but there's a couple of factors that "exaggerate" that effect in this GTA Demo.

I think my first lap was a 2:23. 2 laps later I was down to 2:21. When I next sat down for half an hour a couple of days later, I got down to 2:19. I think I will eventually get down to 2:18, if I find the time and motivation (my country is not part of GTA this year), but I found that...

a) I would consider myself a decent driver, but I'm clearly not as fast as some others (especially on a global scale). I've made it to my regional finals, but there's drivers that are approximately 1 second faster per minute of driving on practically any track. So for me that means ... Silverstone is over 2 minutes, therefore I would expect to be back by as much as 2 seconds over that lap (which is about where I will end up).

If you take part in online races with that class of drivers, you will have no doubt that what they do is absolutely possible - it's just that they do everything a little bit better or a little bit more consistently. You just have to accept that there's a certain level of driving you're capable of. If you're really a long way away, although you have the feeling you're driving the wheels off your car, there might be a couple of things you are fundamentally doing wrong at the moment, but which you can learn about, like racing lines, etc.

b) Silverstone is a new track for everyone in GT to learn. Good drivers will learn how to be fast on a new track much faster than average drivers. So you have to expect a bigger gap, especially in the beginning of such an event.

c) Silverstone with the tuned 370Z is a pretty difficult combination, which will widen the gap between drivers additionally. There's a lot of corners you have to learn to get absolutely right. There's very little margin of error there, and when you have to lift in certain places you will lose a lot of time. It's also a track with a number of pretty long straights, so you might want to use slow in/fast out tactics. Your posted corner speeds suggest you're too fast in the corners and can't accelerate early enough out of the corners, and therefore lose a lot of time down the following straights.

In any case, there's definitely nothing suspicious about the top times currently. Some people are just that good. :bowdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBbuJkkSYxI

With the above link you 'll see a final,
I dont understand where, but surely they are the top drivers.

Have a look at their driving, for the bends we also use,
I see nothing of the magical things happening in the replys.

And it seem to me they are not absolutly confident.

And here in this final the software surely is provided by the organization.

Maybe they are on other tyres, I dont know.

MonzaDriver1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBbuJkkSYxI

With the above link you 'll see a final,
I dont understand where, but surely they are the top drivers.

Have a look at their driving, for the bends we also use,
I see nothing of the magical things happening in the replys.

And it seem to me they are not absolutly confident.

And here in this final the software surely is provided by the organization.

Maybe they are on other tyres, I dont know.

MonzaDriver1

There's several crucial differences though Monza;

A live stage (I've raced on one at goodwood, been to national finals etc.) is very very different from sitting at home which is one reason why they are very unsure, you have alot of distractions you have the commentator and a wheel you've never used before, that alone will knock time off. Similarly at the nationals speed doesn't really count for anything, it really is what happens on the day.

I've raced with many of the quick guys, and if you join up to the WRS you'll get a good opportunity to do so to and you will see the quick really are quick, 1 lap or 10 laps you'll see a similar pattern. Likewise if this competition was based over a 10 lap consecutive lap, you'll see alot of the top guys running similar times, I ran alot of .5's before my .4 and can see time to go quicker, Ti-tech went from a high 16.7 to a low one, then a 6 then a 5 I believe? So really it's better to run that 1 lap competition in my eyes/opinion as you can really push a drivers true limits while racing the TT.

What you have to do if your not quite there with speed is improve, and push yourself, there's alot of people in the Academy or over at the WRS whether in the TT or races that have improved hugely from when I first saw them race/tt and it's through there determination and learning they have got quicker.

There's no software involved, I've even uploaded a live lap of me recording a time and hopefully tomorrow I'll even be livestreaming! So I'd knuckle down and just try and improve, you never know what you'll find out :)!

There's several crucial differences though Monza;

A live stage (I've raced on one at goodwood, been to national finals etc.) is very very different from sitting at home which is one reason why they are very unsure, you have alot of distractions you have the commentator and a wheel you've never used before, that alone will knock time off. Similarly at the nationals speed doesn't really count for anything, it really is what happens on the day.

I've raced with many of the quick guys, and if you join up to the WRS you'll get a good opportunity to do so to and you will see the quick really are quick, 1 lap or 10 laps you'll see a similar pattern. Likewise if this competition was based over a 10 lap consecutive lap, you'll see alot of the top guys running similar times, I ran alot of .5's before my .4 and can see time to go quicker, Ti-tech went from a high 16.7 to a low one, then a 6 then a 5 I believe? So really it's better to run that 1 lap competition in my eyes/opinion as you can really push a drivers true limits while racing the TT.

What you have to do if your not quite there with speed is improve, and push yourself, there's alot of people in the Academy or over at the WRS whether in the TT or races that have improved hugely from when I first saw them race/tt and it's through there determination and learning they have got quicker.

There's no software involved, I've even uploaded a live lap of me recording a time and hopefully tomorrow I'll even be livestreaming! So I'd knuckle down and just try and improve, you never know what you'll find out :)!

Thank you Tidgney,
I can assure you I put a lot of my commitment in that racing.
Your motives and explanations are perfectly logical,
but if you look at their speeds they are a little slower than myself in a lot of corners. So all this emotional factors, would lead them to be maybe a little slower or a little faster than myself.
So that make a difference of 7 or to say at minimum 5 seconds, from their usual pace. That a lot to justify with emotionally different environment.
Considering also your reference to determination factor.
Ciao, MonzaDriver1

I can enter any corner I want to faster than ti tech. But then I waste a whole lot of time slowing the car down, going wide. And getting a horrible exit. Bringing my average speed down considerably. I think that is what you are doing. His average speed is just better. He brakes more effectively and throttles out more effectively. Being 2mph faster for half a second entering a corner is not as ideal as being 2mph faster for the entirety of the straight afterwards. Also his constant forward motion is just awesome. Almost nothing is wasted.

I can enter any corner I want to faster than ti tech. But then I waste a whole lot of time slowing the car down, going wide. And getting a horrible exit. Bringing my average speed down considerably. I think that is what you are doing. His average speed is just better. He brakes more effectively and throttles out more effectively. Being 2mph faster for half a second entering a corner is not as ideal as being 2mph faster for the entirety of the straight afterwards. Also his constant forward motion is just awesome. Almost nothing is wasted.

Rosckolove,
if you dont leave the ideal racing line to be faster at at the apex mean something. Also more momentum at the exit and speed on the following straight.
Constant forward motion means also traction...............
Ciao.

So, either a) a troll thread or b) someone delusional who doesn't understand why they're slower than the best, so turned to making excuses on here. Why is everybody trying to explain? :confused:

So, either a) a troll thread or b) someone delusional who doesn't understand why they're slower than the best, so turned to making excuses on here. Why is everybody trying to explain? :confused:

Sorry this is not the point.
I am speaking here because I think I am among racing fans.
Excuses are not the point.
MonzaDriver1

Don't feel bad - I was quite happy beating the gold time after many, many hours of trying. My boy then picks up the pad and 30 minutes later he's in the low 19's...bloody kids.

The drivers on the top of the leader boards in my opinion just exploit, and make full use of the way the physics are in the game in order to get fast times. That's not a bad thing, though, they are not cheating at all. They are simply just very good at finding ways in game on how to decrease lap times, which don't necessarily apply in real life driving.

Latest Posts

Back