Worse GT Moment

Mine, on GT3 (Getting GT2 today, so expect some good ones):
When I missed golding B-8 by .007 seconds... When my save corrupted... When I let my friend drive... that's all I can think of.

I was doing a 78 lap race, and 40 laps through, ahead by 6 laps or so, I hit pause. But in my rush to get back to teh action, I slid the cursor over to quit, then I was like O *%£* and was trying to back out (because you get a confirm menu too) and I hit quit on that too! I was soooooooo upset after that!

Worse GT moment, having played GT4 for a while & completing all races & having 700 cars in garage, then having my memory card get corrupted & starting all over again.

grrrrrrrr
🤬

My PSX memory card broke once, and I lost my save, but the loss was minor.

What was worse was when, after playing almost 12 hours straight and leading big time at the Nurburgring 24 hours race I decided to go for some sleep and had a power black out!

As far as GT3 is concerned... it took me quite some time to get TT9 (was the last one) but I manged to get 100%.

My worst GT3 moment was on the professional league yaris/vitz series.

I was leading by about 12 seconds on the last corner of Grand Valley when my wheel decided to shut down and didnt react as i flew through the sand.

Intill i got to the PS2 and unpluged it all hope was lost and i had to do this boring to death race again.

Trying to gold A8 and managing to get the exact time required and thinking i'd failed then realising the exact time is enough to pass then going crazy

MY worst GT moments? Let's see. GT2 save file corrupted, Seeing the scary "fatal disc read error" (don't worry, it didn't die) when I tried to boot up GT4 after I thought I corrupted the save (I don't think I did), and just today, I tried the Clubman Cup race on Deep Forest quite a few times with a lightly modded Trueno (first car, now at 165 hp or so), and on my last try before I had to turn the PS2 off, on the straightaway at the end of lap 2 I was smelling victory... until that damn MR-S passed me at the last second and beating me by only .072. Brutal indeed. But I'll have worse moments for sure.

My worst GT3 moment was on the professional league yaris/vitz series.

I was leading by about 12 seconds on the last corner of Grand Valley when my wheel decided to shut down and didnt react as i flew through the sand.

Intill i got to the PS2 and unpluged it all hope was lost and i had to do this boring to death race again.

Ouch. I've heard the Pro League "YarVitz" race could be the hardest race in GT3. I've managed to clear the GT300 in GT2 with a TT LM, so I wonder how I'd do in a maxed-out Vitz RS 1.5. I don't use a wheel for GT3 or GT4 though; I don't have one, and besides I don't need one with a DS2 in my hands.

When I missed golding B-8 by .007 seconds...
That's gotta suck. Missing bronze or silver like that? Okay. Missing gold like that? Gotta hurt. I had a similar moment on the Clubman Cup race on Deep Forest. Using a Trueno, I almost had it, till just before the finish line, there goes the MR-S. Lost by .072. But I won the race now. Now it's time for the European Championship in my Skyline!

Oh, and I just won a Mini, saved, went to get into it but accidentally sold it. :( But I recovered it with a simple console reset. 👍

Last edited:
my worst gt moment was when i was 92% done with gt4 and my memory card went crazy and my data went courpt and i had to start from over

aah. Losing my memory card on a school trip to Washington DC (long nights in the hotel so we brought games) after being close to 70% in GT4. No matter though, 2.5 years later and finally redemption at 100%! :dopey:

My worst moments were losing my GT4 game data when I was so close to completing the game and a power cut occuring when I was halfway through the Nurburgring 24H race :irked:

When i just won all gold in IB (GT2), then when i was saving, my father turns power off because he had to do shower repair.

Crowning Moment of Awesome: Started all again in the same day, and in 6 hours, won all golds i've lost before

Actually it isn't my worst experience, but my buddies. (and it's reality, I have not made up anything!)

As you all know, you get a birthday-present gift-car from Gran Turismo, being from the year you were born. The problem is that my friend's birthday is at one of the worst and "rarest" days ever: the 29th of February 1989. I don't remember which of the next years will have a 29th February but I think that he is going to have to wait a long time, maximum 4 years.

Just imagine that: you get cars for your birthday, and then something like that happens.

Worst moment in GT3 so far, only been playing for a week mind you, was missing the bronze for the IA-8 license test by .003 seconds. Cannot beat that test.

Back